Alpha*
3,119 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
woo no need to match length
edit: also 700 for uuu

for the many-span time, kukutux thought that aiolos was like no other man she had before known. her breath came and went, whirled away and away out to sea. how it must be, to live upon an island. to breathe the salty aggunak, to know in some small way that perhaps a piece of home remained.

and how it must be that the boy of the redsun's hearth might become ugi to her own daughter. and how it would then make a kinship tie between them, one that forbade the bold words he spoke now with no boldness. so she had been what he wished, and he turned her gaze at last back to the lapping blue expanse and the cold foam on the far-off waves.

"when a woman becomes mother, the children she bears become the stars in her night. not the man who is their father." and it was a sharp, harsh lesson for a young hunter to learn, for the honeyed time to end and the beginnings of motherhood to change the allegiance within the ulaq. yet it was one expected, and so she could recall no argument between husband and wife over such.

his words were forbidden by a half-dozen taboo, and yet against the urging of her spirit did kukutux continue to listen. she had never thought of herself as desirable, came her slow realization, but was it not true that women who had become mothers, especially to sons, proved their ability? perhaps that was what aiolos saw in her: their companionship with her confirmed blessing of motherhood.

"i do not think that i know what happiness means when you say it. i am pleased to be wife. i am pleased to be mother. i have given back to moonspear the promise i made when i came to live there." some strange light upon the edge of her jawline. "it has not been hard for me, as wife. but it will be harder for you, to be husband i think." hardship, too, bore a different definition. arcturus; and her heart felt cut. the trader; and her mouth wished to say his name one final time..

now that she had defined for herself the reasons that aiolos wished her, or assumed them as far as she was able, she found his sentiment acceptable. then. but the duck silently declined to grow vain. the redsun was saddened now, and kukutux offered a trembling smile. "we are still companions, you and i, aiolos. it is not changed. i would not let it be changed."
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
but your so far away - by Aiolos - November 24, 2020, 05:44 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Kukutux - November 25, 2020, 03:04 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Aiolos - November 25, 2020, 03:33 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Kukutux - November 27, 2020, 09:37 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Aiolos - November 28, 2020, 10:36 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Kukutux - November 30, 2020, 08:18 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Aiolos - December 06, 2020, 06:02 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Kukutux - December 08, 2020, 03:23 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Aiolos - December 10, 2020, 01:16 PM
RE: but your so far away - by Kukutux - December 10, 2020, 06:06 PM