Sun Mote Copse vine energy
82 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
attn: @Towhee or @Meerkat !!!

Captains Log: 

Day who-even-knows at this point. Each day bleeds into the other. Each night is just the same. Day or night, there is no difference in a world encompassed by darkness... 

That wasn't really true. Except that Q had no way of knowing what day it was, things were changing in subtle ways, most of which Q was hardly aware of. One thing she had come to realize, though, was that she could move a little better now. Not that moving really got her anywhere she wanted to be. In fact, oftentimes it led her exactly where she did not want to be, which began a terrible tantrum. 

That didn't stop her though. A smelly something or other caused Quetzal to crawl lazily in some direction away from mom, or dad, or whoever might be supervising in the interim. Q didn't know, given she couldn't see. It was a peculiar smell, that smelly smell that smelled... smelly. Alluring nonetheless, strangely. Different than mom, but similar... Quetzal was going to figure this out. 

As best as she could, anyway. The answer seemed to be in this direction, so at a snails pace Q went!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee stashed her child elsewhere today before dropping by @Niamh's den. She wanted to ask her sister-in-law an important question. As she slowly crept up to the little doorway, orange eyes squinted against the interior gloom, she saw one of the twins squirming in this direction. She smiled, a quick inhale identifying her and prompting a, -"Hey there, Quetzal,"- even though Towhee knew perfectly well the puppy could neither see nor hear her.

As she watched her "chibling" (the term she had come up with to describe the pups who were simultaneously her children and niblings) bumble, Towhee licked her lips. She was so tiny. That made her think of the question she wanted to ask or, rather, the statement she needed to make. As much as she loved the idea of bunking with the whole family in theory, the reality was that Meerkat was a toddler now who liked to explore her world largely by biting and hitting it.

Towhee let out a soft sigh through her nostrils, then reclined into a sphinx-like position with her paw reaching into the den. Only a few weeks separated the two litters but they were at very different life stages right now. Meerkat could easily hurt her little "couslings" (another made-up term) on accident. She would be old enough to live at the rendezvous site in a few weeks anyway, so it was definitely more practical not to relocate her here after all. The Regent strongly suspected Niamh would concur.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
82 Posts
Ooc —
She couldn't hear, but she could feel. And feeling a foreleg was something familiar to Quetzal, so she continued to ride the wave all the way up without really thinking too much about it. This was indeed the scent that she had apparently not imagined up, same-but-different than moms. The tiny details were far too complex for her to sort out. Q's little tail waved as she mewled loudly, which Towhee would not hear; when surrounded by fur, she was always happy because it was warm. Warmer than she had been seconds ago, but not minutes when she had been comfortably snuggled among the rest of her family. 

But really, Q seemed to live life second to second at this point. Q moseyed on up the foreleg and likely would not stop until she met the warmth of Towhee's chest hair furs. The scent was not at all unfamiliar to her, though it was unidentifiable. She mouthed at the furs closest to her puggish muzzle, wondering if there was food there. All that traveling had her hankering for a snack.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When little Quetzal practically crawled into her arms, it took all of Towhee's inner strength to resist hugging the puppy to her chest. She still didn't want to invite the drowsing Niamh's ire, just in case, so she held still for a moment before gently nudging the pup around so she blindly faced the direction she had come. Thus pointed back inside the den, the Regent withdrew her snout and watched as the undeterred puppy began to mouth her foreleg.

"I don't think you'll find what you're looking for," she mused aloud. Gently, she slipped her leg away from the pup's gums and leaned forward, trying to give her another helpful prod toward the den's interior, where Quetzal would find mother's milk.

Towhee jerked abruptly, lifting her head away from the pup as a thought crossed her mind. Could she nurse Niamh's pups? Would she want that? Would it be weird? She stared speculatively at the youngster now, adding that question to her checklist. She would ask both later, when her friend was more alert.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
82 Posts
Ooc —
The prod was all that was needed to send the unbalanced, uncoordinated, potato spud rolling on down back home to mama's belly. Like a magnet her lips found her place upon mama bear and she chowed down until she could eat no more. She could do nothing else really, useless little parasite that she was at this stage in her life... but for good measure, she broke some nauseating wind before she snored, mouth-on-tit; passed out as she was, milk seeping from the corners of her lips, she looked every bit the drunkard. 

maybe fader since Q has her eyes open!? WE WILL NOW NEED ANOTHER THREAD.