Duskfire Glacier oasis
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Delirious with pain—and fever now, too—Druid could not find her loved ones outside of Rivenwood. She searched for what felt like days before she couldn’t bear it anymore. Crying with every footstep, she made her way north toward Duskfire Glacier, collapsing near the borders before she had a chance to call for @Heda.

This is open to anyone, especially medics! For quick reference, Druid has a badly infected bite wound on her right heel, plus a gash on her left side and a minor wound on the tip of her tail as well.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
they'd come home for a while. home was a word that needed to be settled. but for now they were back at the glacier. 
it was fortunate that druid arrived at the time she did. heda had been facing toward rivenwood once more, knowing she should visit a last time before duskfire left for good.
the scent of her pack was in the air. the girl's brow furrowed and she crept forward.
"druid?" shock and then horror filled her face as she scrambled forward. her sister's body blazed with fever and she could smell rot. she sang for @Lane, @Issorartuyok, even @Tuuluuwaq, voice shaking.
then she fell to cleaning druid's wounds, her own body trembling as she tried to sort it and make sense.
don't die don't die
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane was no stranger to the sound of an emergency summons. Even before the wavering howl was over, Lane was already on her way, towing her medkit. 

When she came onto the scene, she found a Rivenwood woman and an unfamiliar child. No, not unfamiliar-- it was the girl who had arrived back at Duskfire Glacier with Issorartuyok. "Child," Lane spoke after laying her medkit upon the ground, "Place your paws on the wound on her side and press. Speak words of reassurance to her and comfort her." Lane opened her medkit and began selecting the necessary supplies.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
601 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Although she didn’t lose consciousness, her head swam so badly that it was like she wasn’t herself at all. She couldn’t even lift her head when figures appeared to render aid, nor did she immediately recognize her very own sister. She weakly lifted her lip and growled in response to the touches, though probably too softly to be heard.

Some part of her brain finally recognized Heda’s scent, dimly at first. But then the realization that her sister was here, helping her, pushed Druid briefly into a kind of lucidity. Heda, she rasped, trying to raise her head after all. There was… a… Witch… a ray… Mireille…?

Her face scrunched as her head fell back to her paws, loosing a groan. Everything hurt and nothing made sense, not even her own thoughts and words. Druid’s eyes became glassy as she receded back into the fever fire.

Feel free to skip me (and consider Dru at your mercy)!
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
the woman lane arrived. heda realized belatedly that she only knew the other in passing; she hadn't been around long enough to truly meet the duskfire alpha, traveling as she'd been with the other one.
heda sniffled and nodded and pushed her paws along the edges of the wound, holding it together. "druid," she whispered hoarsely. "don't forget that bracelet is gonna wake up soon. and you have to see mireille again, and she has to visit you and me and witch."
"mama would be — you can't leave her," heda went on, beginning to panic deep inside herself as her sister laid back and grew still. "mahler, you know, he was supposed to — hunt with us."
the girl's voice started to trail; she glanced at lane, sides heaving with the effort of controlling her emotions.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
The Rivenwood woman reeked of infection. There appeared to be a bite on her rear leg in addition to the bleeding wound on her side. Lane would apply dried marigold and horsetail to both of the major wounds. Sweet-sedge sap would do well in the poultice additionally, as it would ensure a stickier end-product that would remain fixed to the wounds.  

Issorartuyok's adoptee followed directions well, allowing Lane a few moments to craft the sticky poultice. When she was prepared, she approached the injurred woman's side.

...And she could not believe her eyes when she realized that the victim was also a child. "She--" She couldn't be older than you! Lane wanted to exclaim to Heda. Her stomach squeezed. Who would do this to a child? 

Lane regained control of her senses. She edged up beside Heda with a wad of cobwebs, indicating for the girl to slide her paws away so that Lane could do the same job with a better medical tool. "This is looking better already," Lane assured Heda. The bleeding had slowed. "You've done well. I need you to go to one of the caches-- from the hunt-- and grab some caribou skins. We will need as many as you can carry." The unconscious child was wracked with fever chills.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
Tuuluu had been outside the territory when he heard the call. He often patrolled farther out in order to catch anyone too close before they reached the borders. But this meant that it took him a little bit to get to Lane and the children. 

When he was closer, he could smell blood. Fear slammed into him and had him sprinting the rest of the way.

As he arrived, he searched for Lane first; she was working on a child who seemed badly injured. The Tatkret heard her ask Heda to get some of the Caribou skins that had been stowed away in a cache. 

I can go with her and help her carry them, he said, not bothering with questions; there would be time for that later. He paused and met Lane's gaze, waiting for her to agree or assign him something different.

if lane wants tuulu to go with heda, then ebony, you can pp whatever makes sense <3
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,196 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
<333

she's my sister, heda wanted to scream.
she's my sister and you have to save her
the scent of herbs she didn't recognize was all around the girl. lane's voice cut through her consciousness. it was good to have an order. it was good to be given something else to do —
she stumbled back and away from druid, numb, and turned. heda scarcely registered tuuluuwaq's appearance as she tore off, head down, toward the pelt caches.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Tuuluuwaq arrived to help, and Lane shot him a quick, tight smile. Had he figured out yet, that pack life in the Teekons was just one emergency after the other? 

"No.." Lane shook her head at his offer. Two, or possibly three skins would be fine, and Issorartuyok's adoptee could handle that. The trick was going to be to keep the victim's temperature regulated, and to do that they would need tools for both warming and cooling. "Could you look through my stores and find my moss balls? I just need a few soaked." Tuuluuwaq would be familiar with the medicine den at this point. 

Lane pulled her cobweb gauze away to check the bleeding. Thankfully, the wound on the child's side seemed shallow, and it was mostly clotted. While Heda and Tuuluuwaq were away on their errands, Lane would spread the poultice first on the side wound, and once that wound was bandaged, she would proceed to layer the poultice the bite wound. Lane even found a nick on child's tail tip-- it appeared as though she might have lost a smidge, about a nail's length from the end. It was hard to tell with the blood all crusted up. Lane could only assume that someone had grabbed for her while she was trying to escape. Her stomach twisted again, and something dark stirred in her soul. Whoever could do this to a child needed to pay for it

The most grueling part of the child's treatment was yet to come. Lane expected that she, Tuuluuwaq, their child helper, and whoever else could be found to help would be up all night, monitoring the victim's temperature in shifts. If they could break her fever tonight, Lane was confident that the girl would pull through. 

We can fade whenever you three are ready. We can start a new one for the next morning/day if you all are up for it!
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
i'm good fading here! and a new thread for the next day sounds good <3
also, small pp with lane and bts knowledge; i can change if needed!

Tuulu could see the strain in the smile she offered; it sent a spark of anxiety through his chest. He wanted to fix things for her, but that wasn't always so easy. He would settle for giving her as much help as she needed. 

Lane didn't need him to help Heda, she needed him to get something from her medicine den; he knew the place well, so it would not be difficult for him to find what she needed. She had pointed moth balls out to him one of times he stopped by merely to spend time with her. 

Of course, he quickly answered. I'll be back as soon as possible. With a nod and a concerned glance to the child, he turned and sprinted off.