Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
For the first time in many days, Towhee felt strong enough to wander a little. She kind of wanted to head to Moontide to see her brother, though she didn’t want to thwart @Stingray’s efforts. She did meander in that general direction, opting to head east around Alpine Lake rather than through the slough. She decided she would go no further than the weald.

She was surprised when she arrived at its southwestern corner only to discover scent markers there. Towhee halted, nose lifting toward the sunny April sky. Was that @Dutch’s scent? Perhaps they’d moved from the glacier to live in the plateau’s shadow. Her orange eyes squinted thoughtfully.

On one hand, it was great to have more allied villages nearby. On the other, how the heck would Towhee—and anyone else, for that matter—travel between the hinterlands and the regions to the east now?
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
493 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
Dutch was not far from their borders. Recent events had him mired in guilt and sadness, but there was still work to be done.

His territory did not connect with Moontide's, but it was difficult to tell, considering how often wolves traveled between the two. On this day, he was gathering white stones in a patchy deer pelt — which he almost set down before remembering it would be useless to call out to the woman.

Instead of popping out of the mist, he trotted ahead to get upwind of of her, so that his scent on the breeze might herald his arrival. His tail wheeled in welcome as he trotted forward, but he could not offer a smile until he'd set the rocks down between them.

- Did baby make it back safely? - he asked, stumbling a little as he forgot the sign for daughter.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She took a seat, one forepaw coming up to idly smooth the fur on her chest as a contemplative expression took hold of her face. Towhee supposed she could call someone to clarify what was going on here, though it wasn’t really that pressing. She wasn’t trying to go any further today.

But she was curious, so when Dutch materialized, her eyes burned brightly on his face. They darkened a little at his question, her face contorting slightly. Her mind flashed back to the day when she’d thought she’d miscarried in front of him, then to another and much worse experience a few weeks later. Certainly he wasn’t asking about that.

-“I… don’t follow,”- she admitted, right before a proverbial light bulb clicked on over her head. -“Do you mean Jr?”- Towhee paused long enough for affirmation before adding, -“She’s been living in the copse this whole time. It’s that way, in case you want to go shout at her. I don’t know if it’ll do much good,”- she quipped, -“but it might make you feel better.”-

She smirked good-naturedly. Towhee was actually exceptionally grateful for her youngest’s presence at the copse, though she couldn’t fault Dutch for any resentment he felt about Jr’s behavior.

-“Anyhow, it’s good to see you, although I wasn’t expecting to see you here. What gives?”- she asked conversationally.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Morningsong
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
493 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
The panther shook his head with a little smile, and spoke aloud this time as well, so that she would have his lips to read when his ptero stumbled: -"She came to see me a few months ago,"- he told her. He was only glad that she was safe, and still among family.

The question was not unexpected. Dutch gave the short summary — of how members had come and gone, and how lonely things had become at the glacier.

-"We came to join Moontide, but there are many in their ranks. So we are settling the deepwood, at least for the spring and summer,"- he concluded, his tail waving in idle happiness. He was looking and feeling much less run-down than the last time he and Towhee had spoken, and he had the happy glow about him of a man in love. -"I'm gathering rocks to make trail markers,"- he told her, gesturing to the white stones spilling out of the deerskin bundle. -"So that travelers will know they may safely pass."-

His head cocked to the side.

-"Where are you headed?"- he asked her.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,984 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her lips pursed thoughtfully at Dutch’s mention of Moontide. Hadn’t Meerkat mentioned something about this to her too? Apparently she’d met a young woman in search of a new home since there hadn’t been enough space in the coastal pack, whatever that meant. Towhee was curious how this might affect Phox and Heph. She almost asked, though she still didn’t want to undermine her grandson, so she stayed mum.

-“Oh? I was just wondering how that’d work,”- she said, intrigued by the idea of markers. -“I’m not going anywhere or doing anything, for that matter. Can I help you with that?”- Towhee said, bobbing her head toward the deerskin sling full of stones.