Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
got carried away meeow

kukutux grinned; sialuk kept the pace and also the flowing of their conversation, an unstemmed brook for which her mother laid the bedrock with each question. and she was happy to answer, delighted to be teacher now. "i am not. i am first wife of the first hunter, jarilo." she was not sure how to class hydra; she had seen the blackbear clash more fiercely than ever her husband. it was not that she was not assured of his strength, only that he chose when to wear such a mantle. his ferocious sister wore it always, and kukutux often found herself wondering how a woman had come to be so.

but she would not confuse sialuk now with her own wandering thoughts. "a leader makes a ring around his territory, and says 'this is the land of my people.' and he defends it, with his life." a flash of ash-grey in her mind, granite surging against the blackstone of arcturus. brothers, clashed. and of the trio, her own husband in the end had been blessed. jarilo, the next bloodline to the mountain. hydra's children would be made ready for leadership, but only one would be ready for that kusunnak when it was ready to be handed over.

moonspear was leather threaded carefully together by kinship ties. and now arcturus had stricken his own from that birthright, deliberately. insofar as kukutux had decided to believe, he loved a woman who might never conceive. love, the duck felt then, must not run over into foolishness. and revui might never have a legitimate wife; he was a wanderer, a trader of things that could not be gotten from the mosscovered scapulas of his birthplace. he was all of hydra and all of himself, all of the violent essence in ostrega that kukutux knew now had always carved this place into their ancestral land.

she had been silent a long moment; the snowduck blinked and smiled apologetically at sialuk. it was her white robes the daughter had been given, but there was something else to them now, some shadow of snow both in hue and in the growing grace of her gait. already she had taught the girl to downturn her curious sunbell gaze when a man was near, but here sialuk was now, curious, trusting, filled with the confidence that kukutux would answer. "mother akna takes many forms. she wears white. she is sister-god to the moon." the mother watched her child a moment, then traversed on.

. "when the snow comes, sialuk, i have decided you will be taught to hunt. it will be how you say 'i am ostrega-girl.' a kill mark," kukutux chuffed, gesturing to the scar along her own shoulder. sialuk would be the perception of femininity, as the duck had decided, as she herself was, but she would not be without an innate dowry of knowledge. hunting was one such thing.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
prophecy girl - by Sialuk - August 21, 2020, 01:37 PM
RE: prophecy girl - by Kukutux - August 21, 2020, 03:09 PM
RE: prophecy girl - by Sialuk - August 24, 2020, 08:00 AM
RE: prophecy girl - by Kukutux - August 24, 2020, 06:20 PM
RE: prophecy girl - by Sialuk - August 24, 2020, 08:34 PM
RE: prophecy girl - by Kukutux - August 25, 2020, 11:00 AM
RE: prophecy girl - by Sialuk - August 29, 2020, 04:04 PM
RE: prophecy girl - by Kukutux - August 29, 2020, 11:10 PM
RE: prophecy girl - by Sialuk - September 02, 2020, 08:00 AM
RE: prophecy girl - by Kukutux - September 02, 2020, 03:00 PM