Hideaway Strath cradle of forest
XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
All Welcome 
attn: kingslend/deorwine wolves! but still open to all c:

Over the Boartusk Heights the man had trekked all night, only briefly resting when he came over the shorter mountain's zenith and caught sight of a valley below him. The sun had come to bathe the oasis between the mounts come mid-day... There, seemed like the next reasonable destination. His pathfinding at this point relied on his own estimation, what vague information he knew, and whatever luck he had on his side. He hoped all of that combined that would be enough to find the elken woman again. If not her, then perhaps someone else from her coalition. 

Whenever- if he ever- found them... He was still piecing together what exactly he would say. All he did know was that he didn't feel it right to mention the vision he'd seen on the face of the mount. The Deorwine god was not his to claim he saw, and he still bore a healthy amount of doubt that what he'd seen had been the Great Elk at all- no matter how much he felt drawn to that conclusion. Whether he was right or wrong about it, he would surely find out in time, wouldn't he?

Now, he'd finally reached the area where mountains tumbled down into the strath. His dark legs felt weary from the incline he'd forced them to endure over the previous night. Here seemed like a good place to rest for the moment... So long as things remained as safe as they looked. From what he could already see, the oasis-kin strath seemed even more beautiful and tranquil than the other side of the barrier mountains he'd already grown so fond of.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee didn't seek solitude consciously, though following her conversations with Eljay, Niamh and finally Fennec, she retreated to the outskirts of the copse, losing herself in seemingly endless patrols. When that inevitably grew boring, she decided to set out to the south for a change of scenery. She didn't enjoy roaming very often, though the autumn splendor made sightseeing quite the distraction presently.

When her ranging brought her near her former stomping grounds, Towhee fully prepared to turn back. She possessed no desire whatsoever to revisit the hideaway. But even as she pivoted on a heel, the cool September breeze carried to her some unexpected news. She froze, facing forward again, orange eyes squinted. Despite herself, she crept forward through the sweep's trees until she could make out the entryway in the distance, still marked by tumbled stones from last year's landslide.

After a long deliberation, she approached, her furs standing on end not because of the apparent pack in residence but because of all the horrible memories these sights stirred. When Towhee stood just a few meters from the wall that had trapped them for so long, she felt like she might vomit. She suppressed the awful urge, focusing on the smells, and shook her head in disbelief.

"Enjoy your prison, fools," she muttered under her breath, turning away to head back to the copse.

This can be a cameo unless Henryk or someone else notices her! :)
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
im assuming they r relatively close to eachother. lemme know if that’s not the case, and I’ll edit!

In classic Cenric fashion, he was late to arrive to the new camp. Had it not been for the trail the family left and his impeccable tracking skill, he would’ve had difficulty finding them. It took him a day to find the hidden valley. The reason for their relocation was unknown by him. Soon he’d find out, but for now he’d rest his sore muscles.

The Déorwine was strolling the valley, taking notes of all it’s landmarks, when he saw a woman of red and black heading towards him. He hadn’t seen her before. New recruit perhaps? Best introduce himself.

Cenric chuffed when he believed he was within earshot. Greetings, stranger. May I ask where you’re headed? He took a few quick sniffs, expecting to smell their family’s perfume on the woman’s pelt, but she smells of a foreign group. Very interesting.

Pack business? His eyes scanned over the surroundings and lock onto yet another stranger. He could easily be mistaken for family. You there, he called, Are you with her?
closed for threads
39 Posts
Ooc — Vami
It was but the next eve, both after the Deorwine's arrival to their newest rendezvous site over the two set of mountains and after their run-in with the pack northward who called themselves Firebirds. After seeing a sign of their God upon the summit, decending southward, Odessa felt her nor her young group had any intention of moving north within the glade, bog, or along the mountain chain which they considered all theirs. No, they would move south and west, where the sign had been found. Yet they had only just arrived from another stretch of long travel and the scouts had yet the opportunity to do their work. The family would be settled here, for now. 

So for the time being she strode mindlessly, the old crone having little better to do them keep her eyes and ears alert for dangers of any kind. She did little hunting (more scavenging) these days and did not scout or fight any longer. She guarded her broad and insured the safety and potential of her family line as well as the enlightenment of her God. 

So when she saw another, a stranger yet carrying earth pleasant tones, Odessa fluttered into the younger wolf's direction. Hello, The wooden hued woman spoke out, her voice a raspy one, fitted more so now that the smoke from her burned home had filled her lungs. Then, a call from another- Cenric, her grayed muzzle lifts and she sees him there and nearer to his placement then her own and Henryk, a woman. A woman, painted in white, black and red. One of the most oddest mashes of coloration she had seen thus far. An odd look which stood out harshly and not befitting your natural forest wolf. 

She said nothing further and allowed Cenric to take the stand.
16 Posts
Ooc —
Days after their run in with the golden female and company from the so-called Firebirds, the Deorwine's were just beginning to settle in at their new rendezvous site. It was a lush valley...an ideal refuge. Yet Chad knew it would not be their permeant home. They still had to follow after the High Elk's apostle, guided by the signs their god was leaving them. 

Some of them may or may not have noticed it, but he had taken note of how this particular valley was enclosed on three sides, the remnants of a blockage still lingering at the only entrance and exit point. Had they come here during the rains, it could have been cause for concern, but not now. 

Something else caught his eye, prickled in his nose as he considered setting off to try and track an Elk herd, possibly the one the apostle had been from. Two new scents. He spotted the brown wolf, easily mistaken for kin and the darker one with reds and whites painting her coat. His eyes narrowed in suspicion, but he wiped the expression clean off his face before he drew any closer. No matter. Cenric and Odessa were already on the scene, leaving Chad to arrive in silence, with brows raised.
XII. The Hanged Man
74 Posts
Ooc — Werge
The sound of another's footfalls brought Henryk back to a standing position, politely waving his tail when an old woman emerged from the wood to greet him. She smelled of a group and that much was clear, he immediately garnered some hope that she may be a part of the clan he was looking for. He tried to remember what the elken woman smelled like but... He couldn't be sure. His dark maw unsealed to greet her in return, fully prepared with his spiel- at least before other voices broke his train of thought.

Suddenly, he was surrounded by wolves. The old woman, a nearby man that was now addressing him, and a woman that said man was verbally referencing- who he could only see after following his gaze. Before long another man had appeared, also bearing an earthen pelt like his own. Yellow-green eyes blinked as he took in his surroundings, before looking toward the "odd-one-out" of the group to respond to the stranger's question.

No. I'm not with her- but I am looking for someone. His answer was to the point, albeit a bit hesitant among the people around him.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As she headed back toward the nearby cedars, Towhee's hackles prickled again. She swore she felt eyes on her back and her sense of self-preservation compelled her to look over her shoulder. Yet she refused to look back at the strath, lest it turn her stomach all over again. Ignoring the instinctive warning bells—and quite literally deaf to the voices discussing her behind her back—she vanished into the trees.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
192 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The woman moved forward as if she hadn’t heard a thing. Very odd behavior. Cenric was tempted to call after her, but there were more important things to attend to. If she didn’t wish to speak, he wouldn’t force her.

Cenric turned back to the other stranger. He wasn’t standing alone anymore. Odessa had greeted him, and Chad was close by.

Looking for someone? he repeated as he walked towards the trio. Maybe I can help. What is your name?
closed for threads
39 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Another arrival, Chad, to which Odessa silently dipped her grayed chin in acceptance to. Then the stranger she stood near answered, not with the devilishly painted woman. Good for that, at least. He was however looking for someone, he then clarified.

Never the less, not with the man near her and not bothering to stop when she had been called to, the woman kept running out towards a quick exit. A loner, perhaps, running off when she thought she crossed into pack territory? Or a missionary of the Firebirds who lived northward? She would not know and so directed her attention to the earthy stranger instead. 

And the name of the one you look for? She adds to Cenric's question and of course not to be rude herself, added her own information. I'm Odessa.