Hoshor Plains The river sang and we wept in cerulean tears.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Limit Two 
Towhee took another trip today, @Jack Snipe alongside her. They retraced their steps nearly all the way back to the vale. Towhee motioned for the yearling to stop on the plains beneath Sheepeater Cliff to ponder the message Phox had given her: @Tamar wasn’t necessarily prepared to uproot right now.

The way he’d phrased it, it had sounded like she might consider it someday. Towhee didn’t want to force anyone’s hand any more than she wanted to abandon Epoch, though her priority now was to figure out where her family should rebuild their lives. If the Galanises et al couldn’t join them, the answer to that question seemed pretty straightforward…

In any case, she wanted to speak to Tamar face to face. Mostly to spare her son’s ears, she motioned for Jack to call for the last leader effectively left standing in Epoch. Her orange eyes rose skyward as he howled, studying the thunderheads gathering overhead.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
she came on silent steps.

for now the boys were in the care of @Meadow and @Reyson and @Zulema.

three children with her. two gone. tamar arrived to stand before towhee with a small smile that did not touch her eyes; the morphe had been called and she felt as though she knew what this must be.

but for now she was quiet.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Tamar didn’t make her wait. She arrived looking as wrung out as Towhee felt, a small smile touching her lips but her eyes careful. Drawing in a breath, the Redhawk reached out to touch her snout to the younger woman’s pale shoulder. She then pulled back so they could see one another’s faces.

Phox gave me your message. I knew it was a big ask. I understand, Towhee said, hoping Tamar would understand her own decision. If you change your mind, you can find me on Moonspear. Phox, Sable and Jr will be staying there with me.

Here, she glanced over at Jack. A lump formed in her throat. Towhee meant to explain that he intended to stay in the vale and why. He would be there if Maxim turned up again. He would get to stay near his dearly departed sister. He could be an envoy for the Redhawks and Galanises during this difficult transition. Instead, she choked up and shook her head. She trusted Jack could discuss it with Tamar later.

For now, Towhee ought to let the Morphe speak anyhow. Her orange eyes rested on that gentle, sweet face as she tried to swallow past the ache.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
a yawning chasm opened.

tamar felt dragged downward, dejected. "i will take care of jack," the epochian said, groping for some semblance of encouragement. the boy would be safe in the vale.

there was more to say, and yet tamar could hardly speak. "i want only happiness for you, towhee."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Of course Tamar only had lovely things to say. She was perhaps the kindest wolf Towhee had ever met in her six years. She never seemed to anger, nor have anything cross to say, even when life threw her horrible curve balls like this one.

The Redhawk wished she could say something profound to her, yet anything that came to mind seemed like empty platitudes. Besides, she still wasn’t sure she could speak. And she was afraid to look at Jack until it was time to say goodbye, otherwise she would have a complete meltdown.

Thunder growled overhead. She couldn’t hear it, though a flash of lightning drew Towhee’s attention skyward. This wasn’t destined to be a long meeting. The weather suited the ambiance.

Facing Tamar again, Towhee managed a garbled, Thank you. And then, for lack of anything more eloquent to say, she added with a furrowed brow, This situation is fucked up and I’m so sorry, Tamar. We won’t be strangers.

Her voice cracked on the last few words. It abruptly began to rain. Towhee turned sharply to the side, a forepaw coming up to swipe at the sudden wetness on her face, not cool and refreshing but salty and warm.

Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
the rain was coming.

"then i will see you soon, towhee."

her tears were impending; on impulse she reached through the wet air to embrace the older woman, holding it for a moment that tamar found she desperately needed.

a tiny smile, a nod; she turned, meaning to head as swiftly for the vale as she was able.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was a miracle she caught Tamar’s words, though Towhee set down her paw and looked up just in time. She saw the embrace coming and opened to it, rain mixing with tears as she clutched at the sprightly Morphe. It was brief but intense, the two soon parting to step back.

Yeah. Oh, and be careful about Tikal, Towhee said thickly. If you need help—if you need anything—you know where to find me. Take care, Tamar.

Tamar departed for the vale. Towhee turned to her son, who was looking after her retreating figure. He looked over at Towhee and their eyes locked. She shouldn’t keep him long, not in this weather, but she couldn’t bear to rush their farewells. Come hell or high water, Towhee would not leave without bidding her son a proper goodbye.