Deepwood Weald To wander
Moonglow
Iota
58 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Private 
Backdated to 3/21. Timeline flexible. For Kukutux - Other tags for reference

The woodsman travelled slowly. A modicum of care given to his path as he trailed through the wildness. From the bluffs the man returned to the Sunspires, skirting the Hushed Willows, to pick up the scent of the Moonglow wolves. He did not spend much time with the healers, but he could identify the scent of his new friend in @Faele, if nothing else. The trek began as he followed the bread crumb trail into foreign lands.

Eventually he stopped his path in the weald. The intermingled scent of multiple packs wafted from the plateau visible from the forest's edge. Another event like that of the bison hunt? The midwives' next stop after Heartwood no doubt. He would not trespass, having gained some humility since his youth. So he kept to the looming trees as he collected himself.

It was @Kukutux he sought. It didn't take much for him to gather that the moonwoman was well connected. If she had no use for him, perhaps she would know those who would. He took several days to rest before bringing himself to call for the elder wolf. Knowing the risk that she may have moved on.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,120 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she wished to return home, and had considered that her third camp might not come to pass. kukutux was weary from travel and wished to be in her village.

the lands outside moontide were rich with budding leaves and the rising heads of new flowers. wearing her rabbitfur wrap, moonmother allowed the dappling shadows of the weald to envelop her.

she thought of her children, of her mate, of moonglow.

of the grandchildren she did not believe she would ever know.

heavyhearted, kukutux bent to gathering a soft longtufted moss when it grew clear she was not alone. a figure with a hunter's build moved quietly but with purpose. for a moment, she only straightened to look at the stranger, curiosity shining rather than wariness.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonglow
Iota
58 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Kyrell lifted his head at the sound of muffled footfall and changed course.

Accompanied by ocean's breath, the very woman he was looking for appeared through the trees. Her white coat a contrast to the long shadows cast by the looming boughs overhead. It was then his tongue turned to lead and rendered itself useless.

He had no backup plan should he be turned away. His lips pulled into a tight frown at the thought. He didn't have problems talking to others before, why now?

Why was he afraid of her answer?

He gritted his teeth against his own nerves and continued forward. Ears tilting towards her as she lifted her head. Her eyes landed upon him and he lowered his head politely as he neared.

Hello, Moonwoman. I hope I didn't startle you. His eyes flicked down to her paws, and the moss she had been collecting, before returning to her face. He paused as he attempted to recall the first time he sorta met her. More so stood on the sideline. Did he introduce himself them? No, probably not.

He cleared his throat, Ah, my name is Kyrell Woodstalker. Not sure if you remember me, we briefly crossed paths in Hearthwood. I was hoping to talk to you, actually. If you had the time to spare.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,120 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kyreth woodstalker, and indeed he seemed made of the flowering green and the shadows barred across the trees, which threw the earthen tones into a gradient of pleasing color.

moonmother's eyes softened with recognition. "it is good to know your face, kyrell," she said, amending her greeting somewhat to acknowledge that they had once been met.

"you did not startle me."

their eyes were akin, she saw, glinting emerald in the light of a new earth. it endeared the man to her at once, though her brow furrowed as she stepped forward to lightly take the scents upon him.

"you are no longer with hearthwood?" the duck asked once she had read the stories of his travel, for he had not departed with her healing camp from the willowwood.
Moonglow
Iota
58 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
Sorry for the time taken for this reply, IRL kept me busy.

A hint of a smile tugged at his lips. A wave of relief sweeping through his body. He was known to her, not just some odd stranger. Although, he still was just that in many ways.

The moonwoman leaned close to scrutinize his travels. He chuffed softly and waited patiently. There was no need to rush anymore, although he did take the opportunity to better familiarize himself with the Moonglow Alpha's scent.

Then came the question. Kyrell worked to hold onto his smile, even if his eyes softened and dulled at the mention of the willow pack.

No, I chose to leave. His gaze began to trail to the surrounding wood. It was a selfish decision to leave. He could have stayed to help. He liked to think he made friends there. Well, perhaps they wouldn't think so well of him anymore. Perhaps that was deserved.

I was having difficulties adjusting. I'm not sure what to do with myself.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,120 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
sorry for mine! lol no worries whatsoever at all btw ur replies are great and can come on ur timeline <3

the curious objects lodged into the glittering ears of kyrell held her eyes for a moment, but the duck did not wish to stare.

the man's gaze had become less; kukutux wondered in her own mind what had gone on among the willowtrees. "we are not always made for one place."

pale ears pondered his words. "moonglow has many. but i have the thought that you should make a journey back to the village with us." kivaluk welcomed the moment he became a father. a strong kingullimik would be welcomed by the people of the spine. "we are a place of hunters and warriors. there is always something to be done."

her small worn teeth glittered in a bright smile.
Moonglow
Iota
58 Posts
Ooc — Squeaks
At the moonwoman's assurance, the phantom claw that gripped his chest loosened. Had he forgotten how to breathe? The uncertainty remained, but he had regained some of his spirit.

Perhaps not. I've always had tendency to roam before coming here to the wilds.

His eyes lifted to the older woman. A spark of interest brightening his gaze. The bison hunt had been thrilling. Invigorating. The prospect of hunting alongside others again uplifting. To the moonwoman's smile he offered his own.

I think I would like it there.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,120 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"i have this thought also."

moonwoman moved. she would invite kyrell back among her camp as a part of her village. when they moved off, so would he.

kukutux was pleased in this; it showed in the way she regarded the man.