Redsand Canyon Bury the body and tell no one.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Primarily, Towhee felt excitement for her friend. But there were two other emotions at play as the sore Redhawk walked slowly toward the Common Area. They were both a sort of jealousy. On one hand, she envied Rue, even though knew she’d had her turn. On the other, she felt savagely protective of the woman. She didn’t doubt that Germanicus would take care of her and neither leader really required her help with this. It wasn’t her place. Yet the former kisisak couldn’t help it; she felt restlessly defensive, particularly of the Matrona.

In fact, she caught herself grinding her teeth and forced herself to stop, even as she halted on the right-hand side of what she’d come to think of as the “lobby,” since it served as a public foyer in front of the housing… everyone’s, save the leaders’. Towhee rotated, peering in the direction of their secluded little manor, wondering if that was where she might find @Ruenna. Probably she should just follow her nose.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
From the doorway of her den, Ruenna could see the distant silhouette that was Towhee, hovering around the pack's common area. Was she looking for something, or someone..? Ruenna emerged from her den and began the trek to close the distance between herself and Towhee.

"How are you settling in?" she asked when she was near enough to speak with her friend. She was aware that Towhee had already been hard at work on her task Germanicus had set. 

Ruenna felt a little shy, knowing that Towhee would pick up on the scent she bore, and knowing even more certainly that her old friend would not be able to resist commenting in a way that was sure to make Rue's face burn.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
A familiar face appeared in the leaders’ threshold. Towhee grinned and waved her tail, trotting to meet Rue in the middle. Long before they reached one another, she got a whiff. If she wasn’t there already, she was very close.

Hiya! I wasn’t sure to expect, after that first day, but I think things are actually going pretty well with my homework assignment. And in case you meant that more literally, Tamar set me up in, uh, that one over there… She turned slightly to point a toe at the stone den on the far left end. I call it 1A, since it’s the first one, she quipped.

But, she said in the next breath, orange eyes returning to the Matrona’s face, that’s not why I wanted to come see you. I just wanted to see how you were feeling and ask if there was anything you needed before you and the mister get busy. The offer wouldn’t be complete without a suggestive eyebrow wiggle, though the sentiment was entirely sincere.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
"1A..." Ruenna repeated, lifting a brow in amusement. What in stars' heaven was an "A"? Towhee said the strangest things sometimes. 

The subject quickly changed to Ruenna's impending heat, and although she had expected it, Ruenna couldn't help but shrink into herself a bit in shyness. "Oh, um.." she faltered, her expression hovering between pleasure and embarrassment. 

"Well.. Mereo took in a lone child a few days ago. Her name is Mulberry. She reminds me a lot of Sphyra.. she has plans to join the auxilia, if she can pass Germanicus's tests." Ruenna imagined the Towhee may find a kindred spirit in Mulberry. "I wondered if you would take her under your wing, at least for a few days while I'm, uh, occupied." Embarrassment warmed Ruenna's cheeks once more, but she held Towhee's gaze nevertheless.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She found Ruenna’s clear embarrassment endearing and intriguing in equal measure. Towhee knew her friend must be thrilled at the prospect of becoming a mother, though what exactly did she think of the process of getting there?

Towhee might’ve asked, if Rue hadn’t said something that diverted her attention entirely. Oh? she said to the news of a lone child. She was no stranger to taking in orphans, though she found herself a little surprised that Germanicus would take in a pup that didn’t belong to anyone here. Then again, if she was like Sphyra…

Sure, she replied readily. Do you know where I can find her? Where did she come from, do we know?

856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
idk if any of this will mess with Towhee's continuity. i can edit if need be. feel free to fade!

Ruenna brightened at Towhee's quick agreement. She answered the last question first. 

"So, she was pretty vague on the whereabouts of her parents, but she said grew up here, in the canyon. It's a little complicated, because Mereo is on poor terms with the pack that used to occupy the canyon, who were called the Saints. Even though Mulberry was born to the Saints, she claims no loyalty or emotional attachment to them." Ruenna lifted an eyebrow. She would not request it of Towhee outright, but if the Redhawk could find a way to suss out whether Mulberry was being honest with them, Ruenna would be eager to hear Towhee's conclusions.

"She's set up over here," Ruenna added. "C'mon, I'll show you." She started to lead Towhee away, toward the plebian apartments.

Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
No worries at all! I’d love another soon. :)

While Ruenna shared some details about this Mulberry, a spot on Towhee’s lower back pinched and tingled in such a way that she wondered if something had just bitten her. Considering her history with snakebites, she went very stiff and only barely resisted the impulse to whirl around and attack whatever assailed her. Then the sensation became more of an itch. She settled a little, though she realized she had been too distracted to catch all of the Matrona’s words.

When Rue offered to show her to the kid’s digs, Towhee nodded distractedly and took the opportunity to bend in half to nip at the prickling patch of skin. The soft press of her teeth took care of it and she let out a breath, then straightened out and faced forward, prepared to follow the Matrona.

But, Hey, wait. Towhee reached out to gently halt her friend. Don’t you have better things to do? She waggled her eyebrows. Don’t worry, Rue, I’ll find her. You just focus on the baby-making, huh? She nudged the other woman fondly. Tell your mans I’ll hold down the fort. Towhee concluded with a playful shooing gesture toward the palazzo and a saucy, You kids have fun.