Ouroboros Spine nippivik
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
let me know if this isn't okay <3

No matter how often she saw it, she could not stop thinking of it. The mountains.

The ones near, the one far. She had walked the spine and the slopes of mountainsides had not been so treacherous to the moongirl. Especially as she now stood tall. Willowy.

Thoughts she held close as she came upon @Kukutux.

I would like to see more.

Much in Moonglow was changing, and Callyope was not exempt from this either.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
<3

she was tall as the long young trees.

kuktutux smiled upon callyope.

her heart leapt. she knew in mother's pain and mother's love that this was good.

"where does your spirit want to walk?"
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Since the ceremony I think of high places.

She felt no need to hide this from her mother. Callyope had become a bit of a...positive hermit along the rough, cold spine since that night.

Cold. Mountains.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux clucked beneath her tongue. she pointed toward the place that had once been home.

"i have told you stories of that mountain. you know your sister, sialuk, went upon a vision given to her by the spirits."

and her sea-girl now sought spirit-talker.

"go there. or go to the place of moonsong." her throat ached. "once there was a man i called grey brother. once i sang the death songs for him there. perhaps his spirit walks. perhaps he will speak to you."
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
She was stewed enough in her culture, in her beliefs, at this age that she did not balk at the idea of finding a spirit. However she did wonder —

If I find him, do you have words?

Perhaps it was taboo.

Perhaps it was ill advised.

Still, if she made contact, she wondered if there were things to say to connect her further.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"say that he has never been forgotten in my heart."

her throat ached.

"he would have been your angak. he might be very angry still, callyope. give him blood and meat. ask him for a vision."

if he comes.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Grey brother would have been Angak.

She held this knowledge close to her heart, deep and ancient in the way it felt. As if she carried her own mother's heart with her upon this trip.

I will bury a bone for him, from the blood and meat I bring. This she decided with ease. For a bone had been buried for her own emotions. She saw no reason why she could not offer the same to her once angak.

I ask permission to be gone for a while, to see and speak where I can.

And now her ears fell a bit flat, wondering if she may hurt anaa with such a request.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"come back before samani is married," kukutux joked, but her heart was heavy. "speak with your father."

she paused.

"come to me again. i will give you the last of the spirit plant. it will open your eyes." there was a single amount left behind. it would be enough.

her eyes burned with tears of pride. "but come back, callyope."
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
She moved now, to be closer to her mother. Fur upon fur. Holding each other.

I always come home.

This promised in a soft voice.

She thought of moonsong, of taking the plant upon it. She thought of the way she had been feeling since the last time the plant had been used. Fear was not rooted in her heart.

It was a welcoming sensation, of the future and more.

She began to cry softly, but not of sadness. No more sadness.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she held her child.

and then she led callyope home and gave her the rest of the sacred plant.

her eyes were filled with love.

"walk with sedna, my daughter."
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]