Ouroboros Spine Labour on that midnight wire
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 
Nasamik sought the wise words of @Kukutux.

Moonwoman, She greeted, brushing her nose against the woman's shoulder.

Might I ask a question of you? Or maybe it was more than one. She did not yet know.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux turned to nasamik from her pondering of the long pines.

"speak," she encouraged with a grin.

her eyes wondered. nasamik held the scent somehow of someone new.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Speak.

She inhaled faintly, then released, meeting the gaze of the village mother.

I have spoken of being wife. But I admit I am not yet certain of all it entails... It was a partnership, she knew this. And there would be children. But was there more to it she did not see?
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"some marry for love. others marry because they coupled and children came of it. still others marry to bind two villages tight together."

"decide first why you want to marry."
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
There were many reasons for this binding known as marriage.

Nasamik thought on each moonwoman gave.

It is my desire to find love... Of course it was! It always had been! But— She paused, unsure of whether to continue. A fault of her own ached within her chest.

While Nasamik felt great trust in Kukutux, perhaps even thinking of her as second mother, she worried for what the woman may say and how she might see the snowshoe rabbit girl.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"love has many parts." 

kukutux thought she might know but did not guess.

"speak it, nasamik."
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Speak, she was ushered.

Would this village — would you see disgrace in me if a man shared my bed, even if not my betrothed? The answer of her first mother was known, but she was not here. Only Kukutux was.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux smiled and shook her head. "no. i think all young women should seek pleasure before marriage. simply keep safe during your burning-time. i welcome children. but many children and not enough hunters, that is a reason to marry."

her eyes shone truly.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She would not be disgraced in moonwomans eyes. But yet, there was still something deep within that told her otherwise.

And now for the true reason behind her query. There is man in this village... Though she would not say whom. I invited him shamelessly to my bed. I do not think anything will come of it— Children. —but I feel as if I have done wrong.

But there was more. Another question. Advice she sought from this woman of wisdom. How can woman decipher if man desires for love, or for pleasure? Her moments with Chakliux had been enjoyable, but with him, she did not feel chosen by his eyes in search of love.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"for many men it is the same." she moved now, offering the woman a strip of dried trout. "they wish to share their love with their bodies. but i will tell you how it is different, nasamik."

"a man who means to take pleasure with many will not return quickly to your hearth. a man who desires you in a different way will make reasons to be with you even when you are not in the sleeping-place together."
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Kukutux explained the ways men loved, and Nasamik listened closely.

But how will I know? She wondered.

In time... Her own question answered. This hunter will give time for man to decide. Then I will have my answer. She needed to first know if he would stick around.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"yes. then you will know."

kukutux lifted her chin. "i go to dig roots for flavoring fish. come with me. we will say words that are of happier nature," she joked, rising.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
This was her reassurance. Nasamik understood it.

It could all flow from her thoughts, saved for another time. But for now, she would go with Kukutux. Perhaps she would even learn a thing or two and get to know the wise woman better.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
last for me! <3

who is that man?

he is a strong hunter from a great village

will he take a wife?

he says that he wants two!

aya! two! i do not want to be one of two!

my eyes will not look at this hunter!

kukutux taught nasamik this song as they dug for roots.