IC NEWS? - Plug in Suggestion/Offer
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
HELLO I have a suggestion to help everyone keep up with IC happenings? On Lies, we had an IC news plugin that members could submit finished threads in to keep everyone up to date and it would list all the news on its own page? It allowed the creation of tags for different things, so things like "Death", "BWP", and then also each group/pack had a tag so that you coulf filter it. I'm not great at explaining things so let me show you pictures.

[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: unknown.png]

Click to see a screenshot of the entire page

There were, of course rules:

There are a few things you need to know before submitting an item to the News:
  • Threads must be finished and archived before being submitted.
  • Only thread participants (or an Admin) may submit threads. Please do not submit threads that you were not a part of.
  • Thread summaries must be kept concise, friendly, and unbiased.
  • Thread summaries should be informative and not vague or "click-baity".
    • An example of a click-baity summary: "A vampire and a were have an unexpected encounter. What happens next is a total shock."
  • Only Admin may mark a thread as Important.
We used "Important" as like. BWP stuff or things that were big, like the formation of a new pack, but it doesn't auto-clear important pins after a certain time frame so we'd go in and un pin them.

Most importantly, we only allowed it for threads in the archive that were complete so no one could use it as like a "hey come join this".

I still have the plug in and all the stuff for it if you want? idk. Just a suggestion from someone who struggles to keep up with everything.
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
Oh man, I love this idea!
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
This is an excellent idea! *chef kiss*
Oh yes please!
CommonKiswahili
Current Location  — Neverwinter Forest
Fighting/Sparring Methods
Loner
omnipotent society of youth
170 Posts
Ooc — wen
A THOUSAND TIMES YES. (if it's possible!)

I will say I'd prefer to have ongoing threads linked in these instead of completed, aint' no one tryna wait. HUFF

[Image: GraciousMediumEagle-size_restricted.gif]
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
So the reason it was set to completed threads only was because people would use the IC news as a way to unfairly weight certain threads (war/fights/disagreements/etc). And since it's News, the summary would have been the explanation of the general gist of the threads vs what might happen in a thread.

That's the way we used it, but of course it can be configured to whatever way the CMs/community feels best.
Loner
omnipotent society of youth
170 Posts
Ooc — wen
(October 13, 2020, 02:14 PM)Keres Wrote: So the reason it was set to completed threads only was because people would use the IC news as a way to unfairly weight certain threads (war/fights/disagreements/etc). And since it's News, the summary would have been the explanation of the general gist of the threads vs what might happen in a thread.

That's the way we used it, but of course it can be configured to whatever way the CMs/community feels best.

Hmm, I see!
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,600 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
We've had suggestions like this before, and I even used to run a monthly update newsletter with major happenings... but I couldn't get people to submit stuff. I wouldn't mind doing a month trial-run where we use our Twitter account to promote IC happenings, and if that really takes off, we could make it more prominent. :)
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Brecheliant
Family
817 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I'm not sure when I'll have time in the foreseeable future to look into something like this, but it's a neat idea
253 Posts
Ooc — Zina
I am a fan of anything that helps me keep track of....anything xD
Moonspear and Firefly Glen members can powerplay Toad for whatever they'd like barring injury, just tag her!