Ocean's Breath Plateau Hoist the colors.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
She’d heard there would be a great hunt on the plains to the south soon. As tempting as it was to attend and see many familiar faces, Towhee decided to remain at her new, temporary home. She would hold down the fort and wait for @Phox to bring home some leftovers… and hopefully some updates about his burgeoning relationship with @Heph.

While many of the pack’s members were preoccupied with making preparations, Towhee made her way to @Rodyn’s den site. She assumed he might like to go and perhaps take @Panuk and @Rolayne with him. But if they were too little for such a field trip, she wanted to offer her services as a sitter.

Good morning, she called out as she approached, then glanced upward and realized her potential error, er… afternoon?

When Panuk’s little face appeared in the doorway, she grinned and made a beckoning gesture. The quiet child glanced behind him and Towhee assumed he was looking to his father or brother. She smiled patiently and waited to see if the little family would emerge.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
just a quick post rof you to get it rolling.

There was much to be done. More than he had anticipated and that was even with Heph doing the most of it. He briefly thought perhaps Heph would be better Alpha than him. Though he pressed that to the back of his mind to revisit without clouds of grief and busyness.

Panuk was interested suddenly at the den mouth and he followed behind his seamoon boy. A smile lit up his face.

Hey Towhee he tired the paw motion for hello. Knowing it wouldn't be perfect.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Rolayne was usually only around the densite when he was sleeping, which was not currently. He had scurried off a little bit ago in search of something to entertain him. He hadn't found much in terms of living things, but he had found an awesome stick that was just the right size to carry around in his jaws. 

He made his way back to the den area, his stick catching on shrubs while he walked. He  jerked his head to get it to release, and then kept on walking. His eyes immediately landed on the stranger at the densite. A new playmate! 

He pranced over to the stranger/new friend, his stick initially high in the air to show it off. To an adult, it was probably just a twig. But, to him, it was a mighty log! He switched from showing it off, to playing keep away as the front half of his body moved into a play bow, his tail wagging in the air behind him. He wasn't one to speak verbally, but his body language spoke volumes.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Rodyn’s familiar face appeared behind his taciturn son. Towhee smiled as he greeted her with a rudimentary sign. She felt warmth spreading in her chest at his obvious effort.

-“Hey, I came by to see if you…”-

She caught movement in her peripheral vision. Towhee turned to see little Rolayne approaching with a stick clasped in his mouth. His head raised as he wielded it, taunting the others with his prize.

-“Hey, Roly, you think you can move faster than me?”- Towhee said playfully, swinging her body to face his. -“I think you might be right,”- she answered her own question, swiping a paw slowly at the stick.

Glancing over at the boys’ father again, Towhee finished her earlier thought before she forgot: Are you planning on taking them with you? If not, I wanted to offer to look after them for you.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn tried
It wasn't perfect, but he had done his best. It would come with time.

A father's pride lit up his insides like tinder to grass. Flame licking along. Warm and heavy. Rolayne was not a talkative boy, but it was easy to read hia body language.

He shook hia head. I would rather they were here. If you are willing to watch them. I will leave tjem in your capable paws.

He had no doubt towhee would keep his children safe.

but be warned Rolayne is a good boy with a wild streak.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
A sense of glee and excitement moved through his body as the adult immediately joined him in play. And, yes, he definitely thought he was faster. She made a move towards his stick, and he grabbed it up within his jaws and jerked away from her. 

He pranced away, running behind his father. His head popped out from behind him, stick still in his jaws as the adults spoke to each other. He paid no attention to what was being said. Not yet done playing, he galloped back over to the female, taunting her to try and go for his stick again.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She kind of expected Rodyn to tell her he was taking them with him. Her face visibly brightened when he said he would leave them in her care. Here was one way to prove herself useful to the pack, particularly its patriarch.

-“It would be my pleasure to sit on them,”- Towhee replied solemnly, making eyes at Rolayne when he peeked out from behind his father’s back. -“But seriously, they’ll be in good hands. I have lots of experience. Just ask my twelve hundred kids and grandkids.”-

Rolayne scampered her way again. Towhee thought it might be funny to leap in and grab the stick, effectively clotheslining the kid. Maybe she would save that stunt for a day when his dad wasn’t watching, though. Instead, she made a halfhearted swipe for his tail.

-“Who else is staying behind? I may need backup, if they’re a wild as you say…”- Towhee quipped.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A soft smile as his son played and growled. A chuckle left his chest.

I will trust your word. And i have met some of your children. All good. I think you dont exaggerate.

He wouldn't have minded much had she clotheslined his child. Rolayne could be insufferable.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
When he got close, he turned away from her and felt the swipe towards his tail. He dipped his back end, speeding up a bit as he assumed she was coming after him. However, when he turned, she was still in place. 

Sensing she wasn't going to run after him, he lowered his body to the ground and began to chew on his stick while he held it between his front legs. His eyes darted between the two adults, as if he was waiting for one to come after his coveted stick.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Rodyn didn’t answer her question, though Towhee barely noticed as she was too busy looking over at Rolayne and pulling faces. When she turned back to the boy’s father, she noticed Panuk still lingering in the mouth of the den. Hopefully they would get to know one another better soon, though for now she decided she should stop imposing so the trio could go about their day.

Sorry, I didn’t catch the names of the others who’ll be staying behind, Towhee admitted, eyes shifting back to Rodyn. I’ll try to find them and touch base. When do you leave and when do you think you’ll be back?

Once she had a better picture of what this babysitting gig would entail, Towhee said her goodbyes to Rodyn and his sons. She made a point to walk past Rolayne, giving one end of his stick a playful tug just to mess with him before she went on her way.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He blinked and smiled a little shamefaced. Sorry Marina, Iiana and Iseul amd of course Rolayne and Panuk.

He had been to distracted by his child playing in the dirt. He thought about the next question.

At least 3 days but probably closer to 5 or 7. There will be separating of fur and meat and I imagine Kukutux will do woman's circle.
Moontide
Adolescent
58 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He watched the stranger closely, playfully frustrated at the faces she was making at him. He barked at her in response, but didn't do much else. He jerked up when she suddenly came in his direction. He almost began to run away when he realized he had dropped his stick. He grabbed it as she swiped her paw at it. He barely held it with his front teeth as he made his escape from her. He went several yards before turning around and watched her leave. Surely, she had left because she realized she wasn't going to get his stick! He laid down again and went back to chewing on his prize.