Ocean's Breath Plateau Go, baby, go! Win, place, show!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
I updated the timestamp to May 14, though I can move this back- or forward as needed! :)

She was far too old—she was a proud crone, for crying out loud—to have a crush and yet… here she was, standing at the plateau’s borders in the hope of seeing @Rodyn. Towhee was also long overdue for a visit with @Panuk and @Rolayne—would they even really remember her? Oof!—not to mention @Phox and @Heph.

It was pretty late in the day for a visit, though she didn’t think anyone would mind. She stared at the sky for a moment, marveling at its bright shade of orange, then loosed a brief call. Towhee then settled in to wait, her mind wandering to the wife beater. Had Rodyn et al taken care of him yet?
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn head the call at the borders and blinked in surprise. Though a warm smile lit up his features. He enjoyed Towhee's company and she always had good advice. Plus his boys seemed to like her.

The sun was setting and the world was going to sleep. But he made it in time to greet her with a genuine smile.

Heya Towhee. both signed and spoken.

Vague at first cause thread still ongoing. But wanted to get in my threadlog.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Just as soon as she saw his face, Towhee’s heart skipped a beat in a way she hadn’t experienced in a long while. She felt incredibly silly, though she couldn’t really help it, could she? Besides, it was just a little crush. She didn’t need to tell anyone, much less act on it…

Hey, Rodyn. Want to hear something totally stupid?
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Alpha*
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn wasn't privy to the way Towhee thought. Nor was he necessarily bothered to think hard about it. Being with Towhee was easy. She was much like him as simple things made her happy. Or so it seemed anyway. He couldn't boast a huge knowledge of the woman in front of him.

Rodyn chuckled. Towhee. I doubt whatever it is is stupid. But sure.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I totally have a little crush on you, she told him candidly.

This statement was followed by an airy bray of laughter. How absurd! Surely he would feel the same. That it was ridiculous, of course. She absolutely did not anticipate reciprocation of any kind. Actually, Towhee just hoped he felt flattered, though she knew she ought to follow up this declaration with a disclaimer.

Don’t worry, I don’t plan to do anything about it. And maybe it’s weird to tell you like this. But I have no expectations. I guess it’s just refreshing, how every time I convince myself I’m some dried-up old biddy, life reminds me that I’m still capable of…

She twirled a paw in the air, not sure of the right word term. Childish joy? Girlish glee? Joie de vivre, perhaps?

Moontide
Alpha*
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
What he was expecting and what he received. Two very different things. And he felt as if he'd been bowled over by an elephant. What do you even say? What could he say? Did he like her that way? Did he like anyone that way? It felt so soon still since Samani had passed and yet it was almost a year.

He blinked and then smiled softly at her words.

I am indeed flattered Towhee. But and its nothing against you. You are beautiful and kind. But I haven't actually thought of anyone in that way since Samani.

He took a shuddering breath at being able to say her name. Kukutux took the taboo off of names. I can say it.

He tilted an ear. I.

How did he word this. He wasn't against her liking him. She could even be girlish and pursue if she so wished. He doubted anything would come of it, but he didn't want to tell her no. And yet he prided himself on honesty.

I am not ready for anything yet I don't think. But I hope you continue to spend time with me. And who knows maybe when I am ready again. It might be you.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She laughed a little when Rodyn called her beautiful and kind, though Towhee didn’t interrupt him. She was neither surprised nor offended when he said he hadn’t felt that way about anybody since Samani. Towhee could certainly empathize. She’d never thought she’d feel romantically inclined after Maxim’s long-dreaded departure from her life more than a year ago.

Really, Rodyn, there’s zero expectations. I’m not really sure I want anything to come of it, Towhee said with her own gentle smile. I gotta admit, though, it’s kinda fun? Having these silly little feelings.

She didn’t know if that made sense. Towhee also worried that she’d just put her foot in her mouth by implying she had no desire to pursue things further. At this point, she couldn’t even say whether she was open to the possibility of something more. They’d talked about this at length, though, so she felt it in her bones that Rodyn understood.

I’m glad you’re flattered, she said, eyes glittering. Samani was the love of your life, Towhee continued, glad she could speak the name without qualms, and whether or not you ever feel that way about somebody else, who can say? But you’re a total catch. Any woman would be lucky to land your favor.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn didn't know if he would fond love again. Or if Kukutux would have him marry someone to help the pack which he would. But that was neother here nor there.

He chuckled and nodded his head. I can attest to that.

It was nice to feel the butterflies and the joy.

Rodyn felt hinself warm under her praise. And titled helis ears. Rubbing a paw along his nose. Thanks Towhee.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
5,016 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
You’re welcome, Towhee replied cheerfully, laughing a little at this very candid conversation. Now that I’ve gone and made things all awkward, I was hoping you could catch me up on some Moontide things. I know you were dealing with that guy but let’s focus on some lighter stuff first. How are Pan and Roly? Are my brother and Heph married yet?

The latter question was, of course, tongue-in-cheek. Those two seemed to be moving like glaciers. Towhee understood her brother’s pacing, though she was beginning to wonder if it was going to happen, at least this year. Maybe it was best if it didn’t, seeing as the word on the street was that Moontide was too big for its britches lately.