Redhawk Caldera 800 cash, that's a hell of a deal!
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
set for april 12th. pls let @Easy post first.

"i'm about to get the shiiiiitt kicked outta me," tegan muttered to easy as they approached the caldera. overhead, X soared back into the territory, probably going to find @Towhee. by the time they reached the border she'd be there, probably with flamethrower in hand ready to torch him and his rank to the ground. not that tegan cared. omega? whatever. being omega meant he had like, virtually zero responsibility. and it's not like anyone would hold it to him, he was the beta pairs son. he was untouchable. besides, there was a chance towhee wouldn't even lower his rank. 

they'd find out soon enough.

and sure enough-- tegan watched as X and towhee came into view, slowing his pace and lowering his posture. "oooh boy oh boy," he muttered softly, giving a quick glance to easy and waiting for towhee to start spewing painfully loud and incoherent scolding at him.
you've still got a little lightning in you
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Easy trailed behind Tegan, somehow not quite as worried as him. Daddy was always glad when Sunny or Dawn came home, regardless of how long they'd been gone or whether or not they'd told him about the trip before taking it. She couldn't imagine a family being not like that, so the only thing she was prepared for was hearing Tegan go through some major guilt-tripping and pointed comments about how worried the pack had been, and perhaps an offer of food and rest to make him feel even worse about keeping his poor mother up at night.

And for her part, well, Easy was excited to meet a real-life actual mother.

"I'll protect you," she said to Tegan, maybe a bit mockingly.
ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier
JoiMorningbreeze!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Taoiseach Blackthorn," Towhee called loudly as she galloped toward the borders. For several seconds, it seemed as thought she might barrel straight into him, perhaps pin him to the ground, force him to submit and give him his due lashings. Instead, the Alpha slowed ever so slightly as she approached, then walked up to him and thrust her face in his. "You defied your Alpha," she pointed out to him, "and brought an outsider with you."

Had the circumstances been different, Towhee might have forced the she-wolf to back off her borders. But why bother, when they were leaving so imminently? Besides, she knew full well who this must be: the friend, Easy, who had prompted Tegan's shenanigans in the first place. She did give the stranger a distasteful glare, though it was largely directed at her younger brother himself.

"You're going to answer for your disobedience," Towhee continued, her voice snapping crisply, "later. Now that you're back, we're leaving first thing in the morning. I have to alert the pack and get everyone ready for the trip. But you're not off the hook." Hopefully he would stew on that in the meantime, though knowing Tegan, Towhee sincerely doubted it.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
oh shit oh shit oh shit. tegan lowered quickly to his stomach, waiting for the impact that was gonna be a big ole whooping. but it didn't come, instead towhee just shoved her face in his and went on to scolding or... something. tegan couldn't tell what was going on, just that he kinda wanted to pee himself. yikes. 

he sorta clenched up at the mention of easy as such a hateful word. that was like, so uncalled for. totally outta pocket to say that right now. he knew that she knew who she was and, beyond that, he figured she'd be happy he brought extra protection for the pups. "yes, ma'am," he said softly, but clearly, not in his usual mumbling. and with a sideways glance at easy, his ears pinned to his skull and his tail tucked between his legs, stomach pressed to the ground. "that's easy... she was gonna help keep the babies safe..." he felt he needed to add that in... even if towhee didn't care to hear it. they were traveling a lot, didn't they need extra protection and precautions?
THREADS: 1 / 1
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
In the hustle and bustle of preparing to leave the caldera, Fiadh hadn't noticed Tegan's disappearance. Well, sort of. It took a number of days before she realized her brother was absent. By then, she had done her part to dig up most of the pack's caches—a job she'd given herself, since she didn't know what else to do to help—and either distributed them to the natives or relocated their contents to lands beyond their former claim.
They were leaving, and it didn't really matter if someone else touched the food they'd left behind, but really, Fiadh felt kind of weird about anyone else being on the caldera. Peregrine and Fox were resting here, though she'd never known either of them, and it wouldn't do to attract scavengers to those bodies. Right?
Anyway, she was heading to the borders with a mostly rotten deer leg clutched awkwardly in her jaws when she spotted X flying overhead. Out of curiosity, she headed in the hawk's direction, and boy, was she glad she did. There on the borders were Tegan and Towhee, and she caught the tail end of the Alpha female's tirade, and then her eyes scanned over to Who The Fuck Is That, and then landed on her guilty brother as he spoke up.
Dropping the leg in a shower of rotted flesh and maggots, Fiadh smirked and taunted, "oh-oh-oooh, busted!"

Feel free to skip, she's just being a brat.
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Holy shit! This pack meant business! Easy's already submissive stance fell down into the ridiculous - her belly was on the ground, ear pinned back and tail whipping uncontrollably behind her. Hurt him, not me! bespoke the wide dart of her eyes - she tried to telepathically tell Tegan not to draw attention to her, but he went and threw her under the bus anyway.

"Whoa, hey - from far away, not from up close or anything," she assured, wheeling back a couple steps. She was ready to dip at the first sign of danger, because honestly, Tegan was not worth getting bitten over.
JoiMorningbreeze!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Both Tegan and his companion submitted readily, which didn't do much to placate the irritated yearling. In fact, she seethed at her brother's preposterous notion. "You think we'd let an outsider anywhere near the pups?" she shouted, unaware of the heat and volume in her voice. She lifted her lip and growled at Tegan before whipping her face toward Easy. "We don't need you. Go home."

She couldn't be sure what triggered her to look behind her—perhaps she sensed Fiadh's arrival somehow—because X didn't bother alerting her. But her head snapped around and she eyeballed her momentarily, entirely missing the Kappa's contribution to the conversation when her orange gaze dropped to the infested heap of meat at her paws.

But Fiadh and her maggoty meat could wait. Towhee faced Tegan and Easy once more and all of her recent anger and uncertainty bubbled up and out of her in a volcanic exclamation of, "SCRAM!!!" at Easy a split second before she moved to pin Tegan to prevent him from running again.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Even if she had parsed the situation correctly—and make no mistake, Fiadh definitely had not—she wouldn't have been prepared for Towhee's boiling temper. Tegan had done something Very Bad, which was a given for their litter, but none of them had ever been shouted at like that before. Even Fiadh's ears snapped back to her head at the sound of Towhee's booming voice.

It was funny when she just thought Tegan was going to be grounded, but now she feared that Towhee might just kill him. Mash him up and feed him to X. Tegan was dumb and smelly but she loved him.

As the Alpha's ire swung around to Easy, however, Fiadh was forced to turn her focus to the outsider. She was striking in her own way, but Easy was also large and therefore, like Towhee, kind of butch. Fiadh didn't really want to fight her brother's ogre girlfriend friend, but because her loyalty was ultimately to her family, and because Towhee ranked much higher than Tegan, Fiadh shot her brother a pitying look before stepping purposefully toward Easy with a muttered warning: "better get going or I'll have to bite you."

And she gave Easy just enough time to heed that warning, and Towhee's command, before she lurched forward with jaws clapping together, whether at the Morningside wolf or the space she'd wisely vacated (assuming she did so).
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
when towhee turned to look at fiadh, tegan shot daggers at her. "shut up, fiadh," he muttered, clearly not having it. aw. easy was goin home. maybe he half expected it but... man. they weren't even inside the territory yet and towhee was being super territorial. jesus christ, why was she overreacting? yeah okay... maybe he had like, not listened to her. but look! he was fine! and he'd brought help, didn't they want help? wasn't this whole thing happening because they were afraid of something? he shot easy an apologetic look-- the most genuine one he'd ever given, believe it or not. he was kinda disappointed this was the last he'd ever see of her-- and her last memory of him would be him belly to the ground being chewed out by his sister.

but whatever, for once in his life, tegan stayed silent. 

he flinched only when towhee yelled at easy-- which was entirely unnecessary, and kind of made tegan sad. why'd towhee have to be such a bitch? why did she hate outsiders so much? it didn't make any sense to him. he hadn't even made to bolt-- he was coming with, he never had any intentions of leaving-- but towhee still tackled him, forcing a yelp from tegan's maw, mostly out of shock. he just pressed himself closer to the ground, which was easy because towhee was kind of holding him there. man. this sucked.
571 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Easy looked on with no small amount of fascination as her friend was disciplined. Although the wolf was clearly angry, Easy decided that it wasn't her concern. However, at Towhee's first admonition, she was quick to take the chance to flee. "Bye, Tegan-weegan!" she chirped, throwing a wink in Fiadh's direction before turning tail and darting off. She was off in the distance by the time Towhee turned to tell her to scram, and missed Fiadh's words entirely.
Sorry for the wait on this!
JoiMorningbreeze!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Tegan went down like a sack of potatoes. Towhee made sure not to press him down too forcefully even as she kept him pinned. When she looked up, his little friend was hightailing it in the distance. She acknowledged this with a grim look and flick of her ears before giving her brother a small, remonstrating shove and backing off him.

-If you try anything like that again,- she signed, her movements particularly harsh and jerky due to her temper, -you won't be welcomed back. Stay close and get ready to move out tomorrow.- "You too," she added out loud, turning her gaze to Fiadh.

Shooting Tegan a glance as if she didn't quite trust him not to dart away (she didn't), the Alpha approached the hunk of meat. "Packing up?" she guessed, trying to cool her heels a bit. "Mind keeping an eye on him for me?" She'd put X on him too, a constant tail until the morning's departure.

PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Easy was gone before the words even died on Fiadh's lips. It was for the best. She was Tegan's friend, which made her intriguing to Fiadh, but at the end of the day, she wasn't a Redhawk or a Blackthorn. She wasn't a Caldera member, either, she thought as she remembered that a few of them weren't related. They had too much going on the entertain strangers, and Towhee's word was law, after all.

She was smug as the Alpha stepped away from Tegan and asked her to keep an eye on him. "You're in trouble," she taunted her brother in a whisper, sticking her tongue out at the end as she pranced away after Towhee. In response to the leader, she looked back over to the discarded vole and decided to leave it there. Whatever. Maybe X would pick it up later and eat it for her. "Just wanna get the food we can't take out of the territory," she explained, "so no one comes tromping around our home looking for it. Uncle Perry and Aunt Fox deserve to not be disturbed."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Skipping to wrap for us. :)

Fiadh's casual response made Towhee stop in her tracks. She hadn't thought of the food stores beyond disappointment that they'd inevitably have to leave them behind and start fresh with caches at their destination. Her tail waved at her younger sister's mindfulness. Although the Alpha had never felt particularly sentimental about her parents' graves, she appreciated the consideration.

"That's pretty clever. Good thinking, Fi," were her parting words before she shot Tegan one last look of reproof and moved away to continue preparing for the imminent move.