Moonspear Dear prodigal, you are my son and I-
Trade  August 01, 2020, 10:22 AM
Bronco
Moonspear
Nu
AW though I know Kit wanted a @Hydra /Bronco thread so here's anodder one. AND THE RAIN STARRRRTS.

It'd been drizzling when Bronco left the den that he shared with Meerkat after giving her a fond kiss on the forehead. He knew her day would be just as busy- and tiring- as his would be, and that they were both getting a wake-up call, after having moved to the mountain. It would take some time for them to acclimatize to living on the mountain, but Bronco, for one, was pleased that it was, at least, a bit cooler on the mountain than it had been at the Copse. That close, hot and sticky forest of trees had been almost unbearably humid for quite some time. 

But the humidity was different about the mountain- it took longer for the mist to lift, and on a day like this, it didn't seem like it would. A dense fog hung about the tall cedars that grew along the borders, and the drizzle he'd felt had turned into a light shower by the time he reached the borders. The scents left behind by his packmates had already begun to blur slightly, so he moved along, reinforcing them. It wasn't too hard to find his way along through the swirling mists- though he stopped, frozen in time when he caught sight of something small nd greyish-black moving through the mist toward the slopes of the mountains. A fox. 

And while Bronco was still leery about hurting another wolf...His prey drive kicked into gear seeing the fox, and he immediately let out a loud bark of warning- and took off after the fox. It paused for a second- and began to run, unknowingly heading further into the packlands, which was not alright by Bronco. He carried on in hot pursuit of the fox, swerving this way and that way to cover the distance and avoid all the obstacles that came up in his path...It was exciting, to be chasing prey through a terrain he did not yet know...It added a challenge, and he enjoyed it.
August 01, 2020, 11:19 AM
Hydra
Moonspear
Alpha*
There was something in the air. 

Hours before the rain began to fall, Hydra had noticed a shift in the winds. In her three years, she had never before detected such a thing... not like this. But the feeling was not at all unfamiliar in that just before the prey had gone, things had felt off. The scent in the air indicated to her that the clear sky would change soon to hold the bloated nimbus overhead, but the air was thick and heavy with something beyond humidity. 

When it began to drizzle, Hydra looked to the sky overhead. She howled to Moonspear and advised them to keep close to home—something was not right. The matriarch had a mind to inspect the Glen to be sure her children who might be hunting there would return. She knew @Osiris had gone to inspect the territory with the idea to find their next target for a pack hunt to come. And now she wished he had not gone at all, but he would hear the call and know it was time to return... as would the rest of her family. 

Another shift in the wind—the matriarch detected the scent of fox and her newest subordinate heading her way. It would be good to expend her nervous energy sooner rather than later in bloodsport, and Hydra set off in their direction with a rumble, strides lengthening to bring her to them all the sooner.

I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
August 01, 2020, 12:00 PM
Bronco
Moonspear
Nu
I like refreshing the page just to see the lovely variety of artwork you have for Hydra's avatars :3

In places, the water had begun to well up, so he splashed through puddles and skidded across wet grass every time the fox attempted to throw him off its trail in an attempt to save its life. At times, he gained on the creature, and managed to bring himself within a few lengths of the creature- noting then that it was not a red fox, but a silvery one, but then it would swerve unexpectedly and he would fall back a few lengths. On the straightaway, the fox was able to put on a burst of speed and pull away from him, but Bronco persevered- and it was in a wolf's nature to simply pursue, and tire its prey out. 

His attention was snared for a moment when he caught sight of a sliver of darkness approaching from the distance, and he put on another burst of speed. The fox- skittering as close to the ground as possible- likely hadn't caught sight of the other wolf, so Bronco harried it forward, snapping and growling- in an attempt to chase it directly toward his packmate.
August 01, 2020, 01:10 PM
Hydra
Moonspear
Alpha*
You reminded me I had some more to add >_> Hehehe THANK, all the artists are incredible <3

Bronco she saw first, but soon enough she observed the little smudge of grey-black hunkered close to the earth that sought to escape him. Downwind, the critter and Bronco might not have scented the matriarch... but she felt certain at least one of them had noted her approach given the pressure he placed upon the predator. Hydra watched it, anticipating it's next move the way it had but moments ago arced right to seek to throw him from its route. Next it would zag the other way, based on the way it carried its weight and the shift of its own momentum—

Hydra was ready for that, and met it halfway. 

It was small enough to have the time to spin on its heel, its own speed aided by the slick rock underfoot. Used to the terrain though she was, and the elements too, it was still awarded seconds more for its effort before Hydra's paw slammed against its own hindquarter. The strike unbalanced it until it was sent rolling and writhing straight toward Bronco, who she felt would be merciful and make its end a swift one. Her tail swayed with the thought of their teamwork, feeling only closer to Bronco for it.

I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
August 01, 2020, 02:07 PM
Bronco
Moonspear
Nu
REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH <3

He lost sight of Hydra for a few moments, simply hoping that she'd be where he thought she might be- and continued to bully the fox forward on instinct. He had no idea what Hydra's views were, with regards to other predators, albeit smal ones like coyotes and foxes...But one of the biggest things Bronco had inherited from his mother was likely his lack of empathy toward foxes and coyotes when they were too close to the borders. Curious, considering how much of a liking he'd taken to a stray dog that had wandered into the copse- but curiosity had won out that time. This, he knew, was a fox- and foxes were thieves. 

He heard the fox's feet skitter as it tried to whirl on its feet, having suddenly been confronted with yet another wolf who managed to wipe its feet out from under it, and send it tumbling straight toward him. Bronco was upon it in an instant and the creature died with its muzzla agape, having died soundlessly before it had a chance to cry out. A beautiful creature for certain- with its dark pelt flickered with silver-ticked guard hairs- but a thief nonetheless. Convicted of the sin of trespassing, and sentenced to death. 

Bronco dropped it, panting lightly, and looked up to Hydra, with a rogueish smile, and gave her a nod of his head. "Thanks for the assist," He said, knowing that perhaps had she not been there to redirect the fox, it might've gotten away.