Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
All Welcome 
a great wind flattened the duck's snowy fur against the curves of her body.

her eyes searched for the figures of wolves, and a second prayer was given to those who listened.

in the plains kukutux paused, watching a small herd of deer leap away from the hunter slowly approaching.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
121 Posts
Ooc — siv
He existed in Lótë's second home. The woods she had sought to make something of.

But he had grown bolder. Some semblance of confidence. Enough to travel a bit further where he discovered a familiar scent.

He kept following, a place he had never been.

Softly he rumbled something akin to a greeting to her. A submissive sway of his tail.

makan cannot speak — i am okay if this cuts a thread short due to hard interaction!
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"it is good to see your face. i greet you, makan."

kukutux did not yet know that her cloudberry sister might even now carry new life. it was why she had believed the choice of this man had been made. 

the spring-green eyes were warm. "you have found healing."
121 Posts
Ooc — siv
Healing, He crooned deep in return to her, toes flexed into the ground.

It felt like he had taken ten steps forward. Slid back five.

He thought of the changing shape of the one who had healed him. The jutting discomfort her new status made in his stomach and mind. He was not mad. Only misplaced.

Lótë change. Was the only way he could describe his own thoughts to Kukutux. Round.

Who?

Perhaps her sister would know.

makan cannot speak — i am okay if this cuts a thread short due to hard interaction!
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
makan spoke. she smiled. and then her ears came forward quickly with surprise and interest.

her mate's second wife grew with children. kukutux was filled with delight for lótë. but it seemed that she had not chosen this one's spirit for the swallowing.

moonwoman shook her head. "she will tell me when it is her want." a tilt of her head. "how long?"
121 Posts
Ooc — siv
How was it possible to feel such shame?

It simmered, it stirred. He was appalled by himself, by the world. But Kukutux was always so calm and kind. How could he turn from her?

Not long. He told her softly.

Not me. An unnecessary clarification but one he made all the same.

He could not explain why it churned him so.

Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
not long. not me.

the duck clucked her tongue and reached to him.

"my sister has held pain inside her for many moons. now she listens to her heart. it will take her upon paths that we do not understand."

her eyes were soft. "do you have anger in your heart for this, makan?"
121 Posts
Ooc — siv
Anger.

This was not that, that much he knew. The heavy churn in him was not the flames of a destructive rage. It was more like a storm. One that brewed overseas and had come to him with strong winds.

Not anger. He told her honest.

He was embarrassed, he felt a fool. So boyish in the face of such strong woman.

Why had he ever thought him?

Tightly he closed his eyes, willing himself away, but for once he did not have it in himself to run away.

Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
not anger.

jealousy. frustration.

she thought of keyni and how her wandering sister now wished to settle with a husband. 

why could they not share what makan might offer?

but she did not speak this. "my ears are listening," kukutux chose to say instead.
121 Posts
Ooc — siv
Don't know.

He told her this in a hushed, strained tone. Rough vocal chords delivering a soft message.

New feelings. He had not had enough time to figure out what they meant, where they came from. He only knew they had planted roots deep.

And perhaps that scared him the most.

Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
new feelings.

kukutux nodded. "some things cannot be said. there are not words for every want in your heart."

was it a want? did he desire the cloudberry wolf? 

"have you told her that your spirit is heavy, makan?" moonwoman chose to ask, stepping delicately around the edges of a choice she did not comprehend.
121 Posts
Ooc — siv
"Have you told her that your spirit is heavy, Makan?"

He felt hot.

A fever, brushing like a wildfire underneath his fur. It would surely eat him whole if he did not speak. Act.

Not know how.

Everything was new. Everything was complex.

Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"ask her. say 'i have words for your ears.' then tell her those things you have told me. my sister has a heart that is sweetened with honey. she will listen, makan."

kukutux clucked her tongue. "i saw deer, that way. do you know the herds here now?"
121 Posts
Ooc — siv
Makan found himself tasked with something well out of his reach, but he knew this must be a task he did. Speak to her. Tell her I have words for your ears.

He tried to compose himself at the mere thought and was grateful for the shift in topics.

Come, I show paths.

could be a fade but doesn't have to be <3