Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Towhee stared at the blood in the snow and, suddenly, everything made sense.

She trudged through the wintry woods, heading south for no particular reason at all. Her scent flooded her nose, surely leaving quite the trail behind her. She didn’t know how to feel about it. This was her body’s way of saying she could still carry children. And after feeling like a crone lately, that was refreshingly reassuring.

But did she want them? No one had touched her since Maxim. As she broke from the trees and headed past Moonglow and into the glen, Towhee felt that itch beneath her skin. But did she really want to find someone to scratch it? Moreover, did she really want to do it alone?

She found one of her favorite spots and paused, her orange gaze pointed westward. She couldn’t see the plateau from here. Towhee knew she wouldn’t be going back there, except in a visiting capacity. She dropped to her haunches with a thump and a sigh.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric shifted and moved from the spear. Argent was back and he wondered briefly if he should offer to give his leadership to the man. 

Since he was after all the husband of Sialuk or soon to be. He wasn't upset in the least about it, but he wondered. There was also thfact t she may be low key offended. Sometimes Sia took stuff a lil personal he noticed.

But his thoughts were derailed like a shock of cold water to his system. Though it could be more attributed to a low heat fire and an electrical wave and his shoulders stiffened. Though he told himself to ignore it. He found his paws that way and was surprised to see Towhee looked pissed off about it.

An impish smile and he moved to her line of sight. And lifted a paw in hello. But didn't venture too close. Yet.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
No, she decided aloud, when Maxim stepped into her line of sight.

Of course, it wasn’t her long lost mate. Towhee’s heart jumped into her throat and lodged there as she registered who it really was: Alaric. He looked so much like Maxim, his arrival here just now struck her like a cruel joke.

She couldn’t help but remember the last time they’d met, right here in the glen. He’d helped her with Batman, who’d simply disappeared one day, just like the love of her life. The thought deepened the frown already pulling at her face.

-“No,”- she repeated.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Her words were crystal clear. And he dipped his muzzle down in a firm nod. He understood. But she looked miserable. Maybe he could hep in another way.

So he went to his haunches and then his belly immediately right where he stood. And looked around.

Why you looked so pissed off towhee?

He tilted an ear. i could have given you herbs before this if you wanted?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He nodded his understanding, prostrating himself. Towhee’s eyes bored right through him, going glassy for a second. She cleared them with a blink when he spoke. Her ears pulled back.

-“Who said I didn’t want this? I’ve spent the past few months wondering if it would even happen or if I was too old. Do you know what this means to me?”-

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
She stared at him like he was nothing. And that was okay. Clearly despair had laid heavy on her and she had no outlet so he waited.

He shook his head. I don't. So make me understand.

He lay a paw in the grass and frost. Curling it up and then down. Leaving small grooves in the dirt. The grittiness of the ice making his teeth tighten and yet he couldnt stop while he waited to hear.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She didn’t owe him or anyone an explanation. Towhee huffed a laugh at his demand, though she didn’t mind entertaining it.

-“It means I’m not as old or as decrepit as I thought. I could still be a mother, if I wanted.”-

It was really as simple as that. She drew in a breath deep enough to trigger her vagus nerve, a sense of well-being slowly creeping through her.

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He was surprised when she answered. Figuring given her regular temperment and add in hormones and a piss poor attitude on this day. She'd tell him to f right off. But she didn't.

A small smile to her. I'm glad you can still have that if you want it Towhee. And i know a few names too if you'd like. But so does Kukutux I'm sure.

He could have offered to help her out again. But she had already told him no and he wasn't the type to get his rocks off by ignoring the word. That was just shitty and men and women even, that did deserved a lot of pain.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She snorted as Alaric offered to find her matches. That was actually pretty generous of him, all things considered. Towhee thought he was demonstrating some impressive self-control, considering her scent had essentially filled this corner of the glen by now.

-“I haven’t decided what I want. Just having the option is enough for now,”- she shared, -“although I guess I can’t dither on it forever. Especially since this could be my very last chance, for all I know.”-

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He would be lying if he said her scent wasn't driving him crazy and putting claws like talons through his innards. While everything felt hot and cold simultaneously. And all he wanted to do was bury himself so deep he couldn't breathe. But well how do you tell someone that, politely...

But he was also a trader and as such had different requests at different times and had to learn to control that. So his self control was pretty impressive if he did say so himself.

He nodded. 3 days to a week right?

He blinked green eyes brightening a speck as they fell on her. Dilating, but he said nothing beyond that. One b3cause his throat felt strangled and 2. He knew it wasn't easy to follow someones words by mouth when you were deaf. It was straining
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She nodded. That was how it had always worked in the past. Towhee did wonder if her age might shorten it or make it more difficult for conception to take. But she made a conscientious decision not to dwell on the negative anymore. It was time to look on the goddamn bright side.

-“Have I ever told you that you look just like him? My mate, who disappeared.”- Towhee paused, drawing in a breath, then letting it out slowly. -“It’s nothing personal but if I do decide to let someone bone me, I can’t have him wearing my dead mate’s face.”-

She wouldn’t choose Alaric. Towhee made this clear by suddenly feinting toward him with her teeth bared. It really wasn’t anything personal and she hoped he wouldn’t hold it against her later. But right now, she wanted him to get away from her.

Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric didn't move while she thought through everything. And he didn't ask for any type of answers. It was mostly just concersing for converse sake.

Her words caught him off guard and he laid his ears to his skull. No she hadn't and god no wonder she was pissy everytime she saw him. It'd be like taking a flay and ripping you open everytime.

She feinted at him and he moved his head out of teeth range, but otherwise didn't move at first. He shifted and got to hia feet slowly so he could make sure she didn't decide to turn her display into aomething more fwirce and he lose an eye or a ball or some thing.

He nodded and backed up. Once he got far away from her he'd turn and walk back the way he had come.