Moonglow
Alpha*
3,228 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
vairë.

valiant asked for guidance. kukutux turned her eyes upon the camps, hearing the voices and accents gathered, and the dark shapes of the bison still grazing the golden grass, far off in the distance. the wind was frigid, and the snow underfoot was gathering quickly.

"among the sunshine people, a man who loves a woman comes to the hearth of her father and mother, to ask for their bride-price. this can be many things. it is to show his skill, his talent, and his loyalty. sometimes men must hunt for more than one season to gather what has been asked."

her face was soft with rosepetal memories, both her own and the ones in which she had shared. and then in the same gentleness, kukutux became solemn once more. "i have watched many men walk away from wives and children. this is after beautiful weddings and bride-price paid. vairë has seen the same."

now the knowing eyes rested up on valiant. "do not make promises to her that you do not intend to keep, spine-man. let her lead. tend her children. show each day your intent. she is not a girl leaving her home to live with a new husband. she is moondoe and yes, she will follow me. the village and its leadership will be hers. the man who wishes to pay a price will give this to her. and i will ask my own."

there was a quiet now to her words. the duck studied valiant. "so much of this is between you and she. her heart will choose, not matchmaking." her lips were a silent bow. vairë might make the choice of anaa again. that did not mean the man picked for this would be her husband. in fact, kukutux would suggest she wait to marry even if she carried children, wait until her woman's heart spoke and said this is the one for me.
Messages In This Thread
I will always heed your call - by Valiant - December 29, 2023, 03:28 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Kukutux - December 29, 2023, 03:40 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Valiant - December 29, 2023, 07:21 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Kukutux - December 30, 2023, 02:37 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Valiant - December 30, 2023, 05:30 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Kukutux - December 30, 2023, 06:31 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Valiant - December 30, 2023, 07:42 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Kukutux - December 31, 2023, 03:36 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Valiant - December 31, 2023, 06:54 PM
RE: I will always heed your call - by Kukutux - January 07, 2024, 01:00 PM