Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
tag for ref! no need to match length <3

kukutux felt as if she was dead.

husband, she finally murmured one night, one sleepless warm night hung with fireflies and the breath of a hotter time to come, with the fragrance of wildflowers wafting — uiga. i think you must make a path from this place. not forever. not far.

her greenstone eyes found that of @Aiolos. go to moonspear. the spirits of our people speak there. my people. she will be there, husband. go up the mountain to the place of hot water. let your mind depart from your body for a time. our son and the daughter of shikoba, they will watch over you.

he could not continue to lie here, to sleep away what was left of his time. kukutux would not insist upon the departure of her sun man, but her eyes said it must be so. moonglow held him here, threshed by unseen tethers, the land drinking the life from his body as if to nourish those who were dead.

that had been the night before, and now she moved to greet rodyn.

moonmother had aged since their last meeting, her steps twisted at last with the knobbing curse of those who grow old. always pale, sedna had placed silver now along eartips and nape. small-framed, too riddled with grief for appetite to touch, kukutux had become less.

but her eyes were undimmed, knowing green against the black of a rabbitfur wrap. the duck looked with pleasant welcome on the husband of her samani. "you have gone many places?" came her ask, though she wondered what had kept him from crossing over, from coming up the path.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
For Days I have walked - by Rodyn - July 25, 2024, 12:57 PM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Kukutux - July 25, 2024, 02:15 PM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Rodyn - July 25, 2024, 02:49 PM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Kukutux - July 29, 2024, 09:21 AM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Rodyn - July 29, 2024, 09:27 AM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Kukutux - July 30, 2024, 01:27 PM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Rodyn - July 30, 2024, 01:32 PM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Kukutux - August 06, 2024, 09:32 AM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Rodyn - August 09, 2024, 01:05 PM
RE: For Days I have walked - by Kukutux - August 12, 2024, 02:05 PM