Firefly Glen iktsuarpok ✥
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
thoughtfulness moved across his face, and kukutux was patient. the words he gathered would each be held with care. 

"yes. you are older. you have seen more. for all that she has traveled, i do not know that she has gone far. but before we shared these words, once before, she had spoken of a long courtship." kukutux recognized her hypocrisy in this, thinking of the winterhawk as she had not in some time. there were great differences, she told herself, foremost being that rodyn would not carry callyope away from the sunshine people. she was young, but another year had added to her wisdom.

"aya! do not ask that you gather anything. i am the one who is gathering," she teased with a small grin. "first i collect these names. then i make meetings. then it is to he and to her, to make this choice."

her eyes were warm upon him. "she has waited. anaa was hers to be this year. wife also. she did not seek these things. instead she builds in the name of her sister, and has come to love your son as samani might have done. callyope does not fear time."

of her own accord she had become his family. in the duck's mind, such things were already half-done. but perhaps it was not meant to be more. "i have said all this. but i will say another. when the great hunt has begun, and we have started our feasting and our dancing, rodyn, do not hold back. laugh with others. show yourself to the women. yes. this too is a dance. nothing yet has been decided."

she was his law-mother; kukutux could not suggest that rodyn allow himself to be drawn into the forest by pretty faces. by more than one. that callyope too must see this, must pursue him or enjoy herself till another time. they must come together in desire, not only arrangement. 

his heart ached. she did not want any memory driven from it, only that the names she collected for him too would be fitting.
Messages In This Thread
iktsuarpok ✥ - by Kukutux - August 31, 2024, 07:38 AM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Rodyn - August 31, 2024, 07:53 AM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Kukutux - August 31, 2024, 08:24 AM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Rodyn - August 31, 2024, 08:38 AM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Kukutux - August 31, 2024, 06:47 PM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Rodyn - August 31, 2024, 07:37 PM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Kukutux - September 01, 2024, 08:53 AM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Rodyn - September 01, 2024, 09:04 AM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Kukutux - September 01, 2024, 09:17 AM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Rodyn - September 01, 2024, 03:34 PM
RE: iktsuarpok ✥ - by Kukutux - September 09, 2024, 05:36 PM