Redhawk Caldera Dad's on a hunting trip and he hasn't been home in a few days.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
With @Phox by her side, Towhee ventured further and further from the little dooryard in front of the cave. She much preferred the outdoors to staying cooped up inside the dim subterranean crypt, especially after being trapped down there for over a week. She hardly remembered the event, just like she barely recalled her first few weeks of life, but now that she knew about things like blue skies, sunshine and freedom, there was no going back.

She bumped her shoulder against her brother's before veering slightly to the right, sniffing along the ground and smiling as last season's dried grass tickled her nose. There were some bright green shoots mixed in with the dull brown stuff of yesteryear. She even came across a burst of green with a shockingly yellow daffodil in the center. It reminded her of Raven's eyes. Towhee pressed her nose into the flower's soft center and inhaled deeply.

Smells meant more to Towhee than the average wolf and she closed her eyes a moment, savoring the fresh fragrance and cataloging it. She then turned and blinked back in the direction of the cave, smiling at the shadow in its mouth: Raven. Maintaining her distance, the pup plopped onto her haunches to free her forelimbs, which she flailed in her older sister's direction. Her blue eyes glimmered with delight when the Gamma waved back and added a simple signal that, loosely translated, meant happy. The head tilt indicated it as a question.

Happy! Towhee signaled back enthusiastically, grinning broadly and leaping to her feet, then darting at the nearby Phox in an attempt to tackle-pounce her favorite brother.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Because this was the first year that he had lived, Phox did not notice that it was warmer than usual. Nor did he really understand that all this climate stuff was way out of whack. In fact, it was unlikely that any wolves would have understood why the world was changing. Towhee bumped into his shoulder as they headed outside the cave, and Phox smiled warmly at her. The two were inseparable, and the concept of being without her wasn't even something he could comprehend.

Towhee was sniffing a flower, and Phox butted in to investigate. While his sister was busy having a silent conversation with their guardian, Fidget was busy looking at the flower more closely. He studied its stem, the pedals, and the dusty pollen at its center. He sniffed at its center and sneezed right at the moment Towhee tackle-pounced him.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
*busts out new lingual formatting*

She didn't hear the sneeze but she felt it, even despite the impact of their small bodies as they tumbled to the ground, partially crushing that poor daffodil. It translated as a quick, jolting shudder accompanied by a burst of cool moisture wafting her way. Towhee blinked owlishly as she felt the spray against her left cheek, then wrinkled her nose. A small, savage growl bubbled up from her chest as she untangled her limbs from where she and Phox had fallen, gathered herself back onto her feet and then playfully snapped at his cheek in retribution.

-Bad!- she signaled at him, lips forming the words even as they arced into a bit of a Cheshire cat smile. -Bad, bad, bad!- Towhee signed emphatically, tail giving a few playfully menacing lashes as if trying to provoke him.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Towhee "yelled" the word "bad" over and over again, and Phox giggled uncontrollably. There was a booger hanging off her cheek, and when Fidget realized that, he only laughed harder. -Ew,- he signaled, scrunching up his face and eyeballing her booger-crusted face. "Icky," he said out loud, having heard it recently from one guardian or another when Towhee made a toot and filled the cave with a most horrendous smell.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Phox indicated his disgust, Towhee playfully gnashed her teeth at him. She mimicked the sign for -Ew!- and then emphatically made his name sign: she "booped" her own nose, then patted the spot over her heart, all while giving a bodily twitch. She repeated it twice, then pointed at Phox for good measure to make sure her meaning was clear: Phox was ew!

Her brother's lips made a shape she didn't recognize, though Towhee was quite used to that and didn't bother worrying herself about it. With her tongue lolling from her little maw in a grin, she rolled back onto her haunches before springing at Phox. Her small forelegs encircled his neck but instead of dragging him down to the ground, she chose instead to attack his face with embarrassingly loud, sloppy kisses.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Towhee lunged at him again, although she lunged at his face with kisses rather than tackling him this time. He crumpled to the ground, shoving a paw into her face so she couldn't get too close. In fact, he shoved her so hard that he was able to get out from underneath her and onto his feet. Once righted, he found himself facing the flower again, and he leaned in for a closer look.

It had six petals on the outside (though Phox couldn't count them), and a funny bell-like thing in the middle. Inside that was some powdery stuff. All of them were yellow, Phox noted, and he tugged at the stem of one until it broke. He shook it a couple of times, then teased it in front of Towhee's face with eyes wide with mischief. -Play?- he asked, wriggling his bum while the flower dangled from his jaws.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He shoved her away and though Towhee resisted, Phox was stronger than her. She retreated half a foot, head tilting curiously as he began examining the partially crushed daffodil. She moved to join him only to get smacked gently in the face when he turned and began shaking the yellow blossom. Towhee took another step backward and blinked at her brother as he invited her to play.

No verbal response was necessary. The pup cracked into a grin, her own rump wiggling as she bowed before Phox. She didn't stay down for more than a second or two before diving upward in attempt to snatch the delicate flower from him. An unnecessarily loud bark escaped her throat as she lunged, though of course Towhee was entirely oblivious to her own volume.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox was nimble, but apparently he wasn't nimble enough. Towhee snatched the flower out of his mouth, and he growled in response (although his sister wouldn't be able to hear it). It was becoming more and more clear that Towhee was somehow different from the rest of his siblings, though Phox still hadn't really figured out how (nor was that his prime objective). He certainly didn't think anything was wrong with her, but he also hadn't had anybody tell him that she was broken.

Unwilling to be the "loser" to this flower-snatching game, Phox lunged forward and snapped his teeth, hoping to grab the flower right back, but it was more likely that they would simply end up tearing it to shreds before he was able to get it back again. Flowers weren't exactly durable playthings.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Much to her surprise, Towhee managed to clamp her teeth around the stem and tug it from Phox's clutches. She didn't get to savor her victory for long, as he quickly leaped at her with his pearly white fangs bared. Towhee's own lips wrinkled back as she made to turn a cheek to him, though she wasn't quick enough and he tore the poor, abused daffodil right back from her.

Rather than make another grab for it, Towhee watched as several of the petals drifted to the ground. She bit her lip, feeling momentarily unsure. Would they get in trouble for breaking the toy? She glanced over at Raven, who grinned and waved a paw. Reassured, Towhee faced Phox again but let him have the blossom as she dove to the ground to snuffle at the fallen flower petals.

They were fragrant and very soft to the touch. For no real reason at all, Towhee decided to lick the nearest one. It stuck to her tongue, so she drew it into her mouth. She sucked on it a moment, making curious faces as it seemed to more or less dissolve against her tongue. She barely felt it when she swallowed it. Smacking her lips, she went for a second helping.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
<3

While Towhee was busy licking (and ingesting) flowers, Phox had turned his attention to Orca, whom he presently decided was his next target. Without any warning, Phox flung himself at his sister, teeth agape and with the tiniest puppy growl the world ever did see. The flower was only a slight memory now, and he was much too busy wrestling with his other sibling to bother with it any longer.
player preferences