Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
All Welcome 
10th of June, after the Towhee/Leen thread (in case either of them join this one, lol). Attn: @Towhee

Now that things were starting to come together (and by that I mean it was more than just Phox, Towhee, and the kids), Phox figured it was a good idea to figure out how they wanted to steer this boat. In particular, he wanted to know what Towhee wanted. He was about to call for her, then he remembered that wouldn't do him any good. Sometimes having a deaf sibling was downright inconvenient. Luckily, he was a seasoned tracker, and he figured he could probably pick up her scent pretty easily.

So, off he went, looking for his sister, but fully expecting to run into somebody else along the way.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
There was a hawk, perched high up in a dripping tree, and Towhee was staring at it when movement caught her eye. She saw Phox approaching and gave him a nod of acknowledgement before looking upward again. The hawk was gone. Her brow furrowed.

Making no mention of X, she bit back a sigh and asked her brother, "What's up?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Towhee was looking up when Phox found her, but whatever she'd been looking at wasn't there, as far as he could tell. He didn't bother asking what it was, figuring she'd just been staring off into space. -I was thinking about you and me and the pack. Do you want to lead? I know you stepped down from the Redhawks, then stepped back up because Raven was no longer at the top. Just wasn't sure how you felt about it now, and I don't want you to feel forced into anything.- Hopefully that bit of rambling made some sense to her. If she wanted to go the less-responsibility route, Phox was a-ok with it, but he'd also be just as fine if she wanted to step up and help out.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She hadn't signed since coming here. Whether it was because it was a reminder of her heritage, or because of Fen, or because nobody here but Phox and herself was fluent in it, Towhee didn't know. She only thought of it peripherally as her brother began signing at her.

Towhee hadn't give it much thought (apparently, she hadn't really given anything about this much thought) and she broke neither that theme nor her lack of signing as she replied, "We're equal partners in this," without missing a beat.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox hadn't noticed Towhee's lack of signing, but years of doing it had engrained it into his brain. Considering he almost always spoke aloud while signing, it probably just looked like enthusiastic "talking with his paws" to anybody other than Towhee. -Roger that,- he said with a delighted smile. It would be nice to have her there alongside him, considering he was pretty new to this whole leadership thing. They hadn't always been equals, but they certainly were now.

-I was thinking of titles being names of stars,- he mused, -You and I would be the Kilonovas. Fig and Fenn could be Quarks, then maybe Protostars once they're a little older.- He wasn't sure if Towhee was really interested in any of this, but it had been on his mind.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He did not dispute her claim, nor did she expect he would. Phox went on to start describing his ideas for their hierarchy. Although she kind of wanted to wrinkle her nose at the strange titles (which she recognized as some of the signs they'd come up with while discussing galactic terminology at some time or another), she checked herself. She knew the skies meant a lot to her brother, as did this pack. They would stand equal in rank, yet Towhee would not begrudge him his nerdism creative license.

"I'll allow it," she quipped right before a cold, wet raindrop from the immediately previous rainstorm plopped right on the bridge of her nuzzle. She blinked and wrinkled her nose after all. "I think it's a solid nod to your passion," she went on after recovering. "Do you have a name for the pack itself? Or will we just name it after this place?" Towhee gazed around at the sodden forest. "What is this place called?"

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
His tail wagged with delight when she agreed on the title names. As simple as good ol' alpha to omega were, he did want to thrust some of his own personalization into the pack. She asked what they should call themselves, and as much as Phox wanted to reclaim the Redhawks name for them, he thought it would be the cause of a lot of confusion. He had never heard of this territory referred to by name, so maybe they could just make one up.

-This place strikes me as a grove, but I don't know what it's called. I guess that means we get to name it.- He contemplated for a moment, then landed on something that he thought had a nice ring to it. -An asterism is a cluster of stars, and that's just what we'll be. "Asterism Grove" is a right proper name, don't you think?- he asked.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Unaware that she and Phox were thinking the along the same lines, Towhee considered suggesting they reclaim their surname or some iteration of it, though she discarded the idea for different reasons. She would never cut ties from the Redhawks, would personally never go by any other name and she hoped their pack would one day form a powerful trifecta with the other two. But this was theirs alone, a new thread in the legendary tapestry, and it deserved its own brand, something new that represented the four of them.

He didn't know the name of the place, so it was up to them to give it one. He suggested Asterism Grove. Towhee studied his face, wondering if he meant that for the pack's name as well and thought he did. She chewed on her cheek. There were no references to the color red, birds or any other part of the familiar themes. It was a complete departure, which did feel weird... but also right. She drew in a deep breath, then nodded.

She couldn't help but think of X in this moment, as they went with stars over hawks, though she gently set that thought aside. She had mourned for the loss of her feathered friend and would continue to do so, all while hoping that X would someday come find her.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox and Towhee would always be the Redhawks, but the last place they'd lived hadn't connected to their name at all. Hell, Phox would probably still refer to their family unit as the Redhawks ninety-nine percent of the time. But maybe not using their family name would be more welcoming to those who were coming from the outside. He really was trying to set them up for success here, and he knew that welcoming others into the fold was going to have to be part of that. He and Towhee couldn't do this all on their own.

-Wanna go have a pissing contest?- he asked, apropos of nothing.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Next he asked if she was up for a pissing match. Towhee shot her brother a lopsided smile and said, "I actually just finished doing that. The tank's empty. I think I'm actually going to head back to the rendezvous site and catch a few winks."

Right before she loped off into the grove, she lifted a paw and finally broke her silence as far as ptero was concerned (pun intended). -See ya later, Kilonova.-