Redhawk Caldera Everyone dreams the words to long-forgotten songs.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
She spent more than a week recuperating at the oasis, alone except for the occasional passerby. Towhee didn’t bother with any of them except for @Kusuma and a young wolf who’d stopped for a drink just yesterday. They’d chatted a bit and he’d ended up mentioning a few names she recognized. When he asked her to pass along a message, Towhee finally felt driven enough to head back north.

Now she stood at the foot of the caldera, a few pounds lighter than she’d been when visiting @Killdeer just a few weeks ago. Towhee had overcome the infection but at a pretty steep cost. She knew she needed to find somewhere safe to convalesce a while longer, preferably not entirely left to her own devices.

But that wasn’t here at the caldera. She was here for another reason, although she wouldn’t mind seeing her grandson again, or @Seal if she was still here. But when Towhee raised her voice and sent up a low howl—so different from her obnoxiously robust caterwaul—it was for someone she’d never even met: @Amalia.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
An unsual call came to her upon the wind. Amalia didn't knoe the boice that called to her or the unnatural accent it had to it. It wasn't unpleasant, just unusual.

So with unsurety she headed towards thr borders. A graying wolf thin of body and limb waited there with a patience that only came with time.

Amalia weaved her tail behind her. Hello? I'm Amalia.

She looked upon the woman with her brothers face. Even the same brown tipped some of her accents though not as boldly or numerous as Alaric's.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The young male hadn’t described Amalia. But the she-wolf who came forward was dark in pelt, with a slight gradient down her runner’s legs. Her eyes were a striking shade of green, bright and curious as they regarded the rawboned visitor on the borders.

Hi, Amalia? Towhee said, smiling wanly. I have a message for you. I was hanging out in an oasis down south when a young guy stopped by. He mentioned that he was from a pack a couple days’ travel even further south. He had this really wild story about being captured by humans and kept in a big cage along with some other wolves. But they were all released a little while back and they all stuck together afterward, I guess.

Anyway,
she continued, taking a breath, this guy recently struck out on his own. He said that when he left, one of the members of his pack asked him to deliver a message if he ever came across a place called Brecheliant. When he mentioned it, I told him I knew about Brecheliant. He asked if there was any way I could pass along his message, which is to tell you, Amalia, that Atreus has settled down in this pack to the south.

Towhee fell silent, watching carefully to see if this news meant anything to her.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He recognized his grandmother's voice, even if the call wasn't for him, and he moved forward despite that. His ears perked forward, catching the beginning of the conversation between Towhee and Amalia. Intrigued further, he moved forward, and with a chuff, took his place next to his packmate and lifted his chin.

Who's Atreus? he asked, feigning casualness. To him, it sounded like a bid to take Amalia—a strong, capable wolf—away from Brecheliant.

And a friend away from him.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia's ears perked up at the mention of a message. She felt her breathing grow uneven at the first statement of a young male asking about her. Surely she couldn't hope. Atreus?

And then his name fell from the Elders lips and Amalia felt tears well up in her eyes and she fell forward. Her voice choked and raw.

He's alive, he's alive. Oh my gosh he's alive.

She cried harder each word punctuated with a growing cry. She probably looked a fright. Eyes streaming. Snot sliding down her face to mix in her fur making it all slimy and matted.

He's he's my little brother.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She hadn’t anticipated the strength of the woman’s reaction. Tears welled up like jewels in Amalia’s eyes. Towhee couldn’t hear the choking sound she made, though it was easy to catch the word she kept repeating: “alive.” Apparently she’d thought he was dead. The Redhawk was suddenly very glad she’d taken on this spontaneous task.

Killdeer was always a welcome sight. Towhee shot him a smile, eyes sliding sideways as she wondered if her ailing health was obvious. She didn’t want him to worry about her. She’d beaten the infection. Now she just needed some time to regain her strength.

Hey, Killer, she said softly, letting Amalia answer his question.

It was difficult reading her lips, as she was in a right state. Towhee made a hesitant movement toward her, then glanced at her grandson. Perhaps he knew Amalia enough to comfort her?

There’s a bit more to the message, she said, just hoping Amalia could make out her words. He apparently can’t come visit easily because his mate, Ani, has some sort of condition where she walks funny, I guess? But he said you’re welcome to come see him if you ever get the chance.

Unaware whether this second name might mean something to Amalia, Towhee once again paused to gauge her reaction.

Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia sucked in abreath trying to calm her erratic heartbeat and breathing. It was hard, but she managed.

Amalia was surprised at the name. She hadn't know the daughter of Maia well. But she did know her name. She would need to pass it along to Maia. She nodded.

Thank you for telling me.

She wiped at her eyes with an ankle.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,975 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wrapping! :)

It looked like the name did mean something to her. Towhee watched Amalia’s face for another moment, then glanced at her grandson. Her eyebrows raised inquisitively; did he know these people? But then Amalia was speaking again, so her orange eyes cut back to her.

Yeah, she said, of course. Happy to have gotten word to you, seeing as how it clearly meant so much to her.

As much as she would’ve loved to hang out a bit longer and catch up with Killdeer some more, Towhee knew she was in no shape to linger. She quickly explained this to him, pulling him into a hug and murmuring about a visit to the copse. She then wished Amalia well before harnessing her flagging energy for what she knew would be her last wander for a while.