Ouroboros Spine Outskirts
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Limit Two 
Cerne lay in the outskirts of the village, his bone reading pouch open before him. In it glimmered shards of sea glass, shells of all types and colors, and a mix of hare bones. He had not given a reading in some time. Burnished gold eyes looked up from his kit, and he smiled, nodding to passersby. But would any of them be interested?
Physical Health (100/100)

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the duck had seen the man with his items.

she came to him now, bearing two sticks of sun-dried elk meat. these she sent down near to the man, and let her jadestone gaze touch the things he had laid before him.

ulloriaq, murmured her mind.

"you have the name of cerne?" kukutux asked gently.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Cerne recognized the woman who approached; she had been pointed out to him as one of the leaders. He dipped his head respectfully, and at her question, he nodded. "Yes, I am Cerne. And you are a leader of the village, are you not?" He had not yet had the chance to speak to either of Moonglow's leaders.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"yes. i am kukutux. moonwoman." she settled herself close, though not so close. "my daughter who has the name of sialuk, she speaks with ravens and throws the bones." 

her blink toward cerne was curious. where had he learned it?
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Moonwoman. He could see, with her pale coat, why she might be called that. Cerne gave her a toothy smile as she spoke of her daughter, and bones. The soothsayer nodded down to his kit. "I was taught to read bones by my mother. I speak only to one's soul." He met her gaze, a small smile forming on his lips. "Have you an interest in a reading?"

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux had more interest in the shaman. but she nodded. "what will this spirit-talker of natigvik ask me in trade?"

it had been a long while since a time of bartering.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
They always expected some form of payment to be given. Cerne smiled, gently. "I do not charge, especially not for our allies. I only ask that you keep an open and honest mind." He met her gaze, and he queried quietly, "What question might you have, what answers do you seek?"

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux was silent for some time.

"please ask the spirits if i will be made a grandmother this year."

she would wait. but her curiosity was great.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Once the words had left the Moonwoman's mouth, Cerne gathered up his pouch and shook it vigorously. He then released two of the corners, sending the contents spilling out. The bones, he noted, were cast upon each corner of his reading field. They could mean many things, but in this instance, he thought it meant Death — ever-present, but far away. The village, and Kukutux's children, would have nothing to fear. As he read, he murmured aloud.

"The bones, Death, waiting in the wings. But not a threat at the moment."

Next, the stones, spread evenly. "You and your family have built a strong foundation. You have much stability." And stability was always good — it could lead to more children. He met Kukutux's eye, smiling gently.

The seaglass in all colors, intermingling with the shells. He had seen the wolves of Moonglow, they had fine things. Treasures. "You have wealth... you want for very little." Save for grandchildren.

Cerne hummed, poring over the reading. "I cannot say for certain, but the prospects look high. You at least have everything you would need, should grandchildren come."

He looked to Kukutux again. "Have you another question?"

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
death.

but she did not think long upon it.

cerne said many things. she saw the gifts that had been given to moonglow.

but he did not say that she would have them.

her heart wilted somewhat. but the will of the spirits was not hers to know. "this woman thanks you, aijatkuk."

the duck shook her head, but continued to crouch close. "do shaman of your village marry, cerne?"
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Cerne dipped his head at her thanks, and he told her gently, "I am sorry that I could not help more. Perhaps, tonight, I shall scry further, and see more." He wished to soothe her. Then, a question. Cerne chuckled lowly, and he sighed, "I believe we may marry, yes... but children are not granted to us in the village." It belonged to Sakhmet and Kigipigak, of course.

Cerne began to gather up his things. "Why do you ask?" He thought he knew why, but deigned to make assumptions.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she turned her eyes away in silent acceptance of her kinsman's word. so neither cerne nor amalia were able to mingle in such ways.

she considered that this might change if she offered a good marriage between their villages at winter hunting.

the duck would think on this.

"i ask because i am atsak; matchmaker." her small teeth showed in a smile. "and so i am always curious."
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Cerne chuckled quietly. A matchmaker — he had never met one before. He dipped his head to Kukutux once more, then inquired in amusement, "Who might you match me with, if you could?" The villages had several pretty women, all of which he suspected would make good wives.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"i have seen amalia. she is kind and has much beauty and skill." she rolled her shoulders. "listen to my kinsman and the issumatar. perhaps when they see how your heart belongs in natigvik, you may ask to take a wife."

she smiled at him, then looked up toward the sky. "if you have the want to come to my ulaq, we will share a meal there. you have been outside the village since you came with kigipigak and sakhmet."
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Amalia. Cerne did not know her that well, and had not even considered her. No, his thoughts had first fallen to Keyni, the pretty Winterglade woman he'd met. Cerne said nothing, but instead nodded and smiled at her words. He did not feel strong ties to Natigvik, but now was not the time to voice this.

Then, words of a meal. Cerne smiled, tail waving gently, and he said, "I would be happy to share a meal with you." It was true, he had kept to himself and did not linger in the middle of the village. He still felt like an outsider, but then again, he always had. As a seer and soothsayer, he was separated spiritually from the others.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
fading!

when they came to her home, she would give to cerne much honey and berries and venison. she would also give him rich fat taken from the marrow of fawn-bones.

he was spirit-talker. he must eat well.