Ouroboros Spine First Breath
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Joining 
Backdated to the 14th. For @Kukutux, but allow @Cerne to post first.

Reaching Moonglow had taken longer than Keyni initially predicted. The reasons were many. As her pregnancy progressed, so too did her symptoms. Her discomfort increased, making travel slow going. Something else had also held her back, at the edges of Neverwinter. Lote's presence had grown increasingly sparse, until one day, her scent had been whisked away completely. Fjall and Makan were also gone too. While she hoped that everyone was alright, she had to face the fact that without a support system, she could not stay here when the time came to bring her children into the world.

In silence, disguising her worries and discomfort, her eyes lingered on the spine as it came into view. She was uncertain of the reception she would be met with, with Cerne at her side. Still, she would not turn away until she had the definite answers she had sought. She let loose her call, steeling herself in preparation to make the choice between him and Moonglow, should it come down to that.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Cerne would wait with Keyni in silence, his eyes on the spine. Winterglade's forest was abandoned now, and Cerne found himself worrying about the future. He had not seen this coming, but he would keep his hope that things would work out close to his heart.

ugh sorry, no muse
Physical Health (100/100)

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
cerne.

much was changing in moonglow.

kukutux was a pale spear as she approached the border. but her eyes were hard, and she stepped with resolution.

"you are unwelcome in this place, spirit-talker." her words were not for her sister but the man who had abandoned natigvik.

but she saw keyni, and saw the changes in her.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Kukutux arrived and the look in her green eyes was harsh. She was swift to declare that Cerne was unwelcome in this place. By her words alone, Keyni instantly knew that someone from Natigvik had spoken with her about the man. It pained her to take sides, but she had no choice. Moonwoman had been a beloved sister to her for far longer than Cerne had been an acquaintance.

Boldly, she stepped up to take her place at the pale side of her sister. Her position was clear, but she did not bare the same harshness towards Cerne. "I must trust her word." Now nearly matching green eyes met the opposing pair. "Neverwinter is empty, now. I waited for Lote's return." The silence hung. She knew Kukutux saw her sides, smelled the change of her. 

Regardless of what she may think, the Tundrian would stand firm and unapologetic. They had been over this before. "The children I carry may be his. I could not raise them there, alone." She would not vouch for the Soothsayer. She had not married to him. Despite his willingness to support and provide, Keyni could get on just fine alone, granted, with the support of a pack. But Kukutux, Moonwoman, had the final say. If she turned her away as well, she would seek refuge elsewhere, without argument.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Cerne did not know what to do or what to say. He gazed at Kukutux, golden gaze unreadable. Eventually, after Keyni had spoken, Cerne decided to speak. If you want me to leave, then I will leave, but not before you've heard my side of things.

He took a deep, sharp inhale. My customs, my traditions, they were disrespected by Natigvik. That is why I left. I am sorry if I caused offense — that was never my intention.

He looked to Keyni once more, but his question was for Moonwoman. You would keep me from my children?

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux felt some tension flee as keyni came to stand beside her. 

winterglade had faded and now moonglow must be a safe place for her sister — if she wished.

"you disrespected my kinsman and the ways of his people." that there had been enmity on both sides did not escape moonwoman. and it did not matter now.

"i do not have a cruel spirit. but you will not enter this village for now. i must share words with firsthunter and sun man before a choice is made."

if he wished to prove his worth, then he would live and hunt upon moonglow's edge. kuktutux had no intention of barring cerne from visiting, but he would learn the respect he had not shown to natigvik.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Slowly, gingerly, she reclined on her haunches. Her round belly ached. Protested every time she felt the jolts of life inside her. It seemed she had what she wanted, but not without complications. Like the professional she was, she kept a straight, calm face. Listening quietly to both sides, speaking in turn. 

"You pledged to stay by my side. To be a part of the lives of these children." She began, so Kukutux might also know of his intentions. That, while he had messed up, was still a good man. She looked deep in his golden eyes, held him firm. "We all make mistakes. We do not always see eye to eye. Even my sister and I. But I still honor and acknowledge her beliefs." She put it simply, doing her best to act as a mediator. "It is your choice, Cerne. You need to ask yourself if you want to wait for a definite decision from Moonglow." But if he would rather stick to his guns and not be challenged and forced to compromise, then Keyni would hear him.
92 Posts
Ooc — The System
Moonwoman's words agitated the soothsayer, and he clenched his jaw, looking down. When Keyni spoke, he looked to her, meeting her gaze evenly. She was what he wanted — to be by her side, to care for her and their children.

And now he was told he must wait. Cerne's large paws flexed, claws digging into the earth. What if he did not want to wait? He found Keyni's eyes once again, and he sighed quietly. Fine. I will wait. A fortnight, and no longer. he knew not when Keyni would give birth.

Cerne is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Cerne is mentally well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux did not like his possession or his insistence.

she jerked her muzzle toward the edge of the village and looked hard upon him.

and then she turned, taking keyni with her and seeking the sun man at once.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Her brows furrowed. She did not like his attitude, but she also could understand where he was coming from. The pull to be with her sister and the village was strong, but she did not want to deny him the chance to be with his children.

"We will discuss this further, at a later time. Perhaps then, we can all come to a compromise." She said softly but firmly. Her jade eyes lingered on Cerne, before she turned to walk with Kukutux into Moonglow.