Ouroboros Spine Gotta wipe the dirt off of your hands
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 
Something had not felt right.

Aching, nausea, dizziness. The want to never leave the warm furs of her ulaq

Nasamik had thought nothing of it the first day or so—but now it worsened. And she did not like it.

Seeking the first wolf that came to mind, the snowshoe girl trekked to the ulaq of @Kukutux. Once there, she peered within, sounding a small chuff to know if she could enter.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
tulukiri had been buried.

the songs had been sung.

moonwoman grew as her namesake, slender flanks swelling softly with the children she carried. her mien was peaceful.

"atekai, nasamik," she said softly, shifting to make room for the pale girl.

mother's-knowing sparked around her.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
That familiar, honeyed voice bid her enter.

Nasamik did so slowly, approaching with a soft touch upon their shoulder.

How do you fare, Moonwoman? For she would soon be mother again! Any would know better than to surpass the attentions placed on a growing womb.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"i am well." her eyes glowed.

"you see that i will be anaa again. it will be four times the old mother has given me life."

and how many children outside her body had she also raised!

"why have you come, daughter?" and her voice said that nasamik must not cover things with soft words.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She has chosen well. For she and Nasamik both could see that none other had proven themselves more capable as mother than Kukutux.

Why have you come, daughter?

Moonwoman knew, for her tone suggested that no lightness be placed in her words. Perhaps she could sense it in the worried shake of the girl's voice. 

I have not felt right. Maybe I am overthinking, but— It couldn't be what she thought. Could it? Surely not... it was the first time she had ever shared her bed, but yet, they did not make love only once.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
very little escaped the eye of moonwoman.

she knew for instance that nasamik had chosen a hunter of the village. and she knew by now it was the brash seal hunter man who had come to live among them.

"tell me of these feelings," kukutux urged, inviting nasamik into the curve of her arm.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Careful of the woman's condition, the young hunter slid forward to sit at her side.

I wake, and I am dizzy. My belly aches for food, but the flooding smell of it makes me... well, retch. She did not yet mention anything of her recent activities, for she could only assume Kukutux had known after their last visit.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded.

yes. she knew this.

"you have lain with a man, yes?" and she asked only to lead nasamik to understanding.
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
You have lain with a man, yes?

The hum of moonwoman's words only furthered her dizziness. Thoughts spinning, heart racing. She tried her best to make sense of what she knew to be true. But did she want it to be true?

I have the want to be mother... — but I did not think it to be so soon, And not only this! Did Chakliux have the want to be a father? Or would he dismiss this altogether. Would his affections for her be lost? 

If- A small pause came as her voice broke. But she collected herself quickly. Perhaps with too much faux ease. If it is true, how will I tell him? Will he walk away... Part of her, now, did not even have the want to tell him out of fear.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"he might."

moonwoman would not force chakliux to see. but she would not look with favor on him.

"raise these children at the hearth of the village, if you mean to bring them under the sky."

there were yet other ways.

"but so long as he lives here, he will give you a portion of his kills. that is my way."
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Kukutux gave her options and set her terms. But Nasamik did not want to end her questions there, for there were other ideas floating her mind.

And... what would become of us if he chose to walk with me as father? Now she looked closely upon the wise woman before her, head tilted. Would a blessing be given to the pair? Would the village see them made as one, so long as Chakliux paid tribute through his bride price?
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"husband and father are different," kukutux said softly.

her green eyes were watchful.

"his name is chakliux?"

her voice said that she already had seen.

"he is a seal hunter. he will take you as wife. but men of the seal hunters do not have only one wife."

was this the life that nasamik wished?
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Nasamik nodded. She knew this. If it is his wish, we will learn together. He as father and husband, and myself as wife and mother. But there is still time. It need not all happen so soon. She would speak with him and learn of his wants. Then they could move on from there.

Chakliux has told me many ways of the seal hunter, Confirmation of both the name of the man and her knowledge of him. He may want second wife. And if he does, I will not disagree. Though she may have wanted him only to herself, she could surely learn how to appreciate having a second woman in their ulaq and to share the duties of their children.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded gently.

"then you must tell this to him."

a thought came to her. she and sakhmet and shikoba would be mothers again.

vaire and samani also.

was there a place for all of them?

she would keep her counsel on that. "when will you tell this to him, nasamik?"
181 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
She thought of this, when she would tell him the news. But she knew better than to be hasty.

I will give time. Both to ensure I am indeed pregnant and to give us time to know each other better. But not too long.

Soon.. Nasamik promised.
pregnancy (9/9)
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
soon.

there was nothing to do but wait, then. she would go to her husband soon.

for now, she offered nasamik fresh venison and new-picked berries.

they would speak of other things.