Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
It was overcast but warm when Meerkat, @Njord, @Orca II and Seal finished their tour of the rendezvous site. It wasn’t far from the family’s ulaq, which they still planned to use some nights, depending on the weather. It was also conveniently located close to the lodge @Chakliux, @Nasamik, @Kannoyak and @Raiyuk shared. The councilors had chosen it because it was right at the heart of Moonspear’s village, which was exactly where the children belonged.

Okay, we’ll be right over here, Meerkat said to the girls, pointing at a bent spruce on the eastern edge of the clearing. Now that you know the perimeters, you’re welcome to explore freely inside of them. Go on, enjoy yourselves! she said, smiling and making a shooing motion as she and her husband retreated to the sidelines.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
First Warrior
850 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
just a cameo, PPing raiyuk!

"go and play."
but this time raiyuk wished to stay with him. chakliux cast a berrybright eye over the small gathering and grunted. "we will stay for a time." lifting a paw to meerkat, the seal hunter sat down, raiyuk tucked against his haunch.
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
Orca was most inclined to stick near to her family. Where they went, she happily followed. When given free range, she didn't know what to really do with it... but the inclination to explore what was now provided took root. This space was theirs as the ulaq was, it seemed? Although her mother seemed to grant them freedom, Orca pivoted back to her to gather her and coerce her to join her (and her father) on continued exploration.

First had been observation. Now, though, was time to understand. What that? Orca gestured toward something that she did not recognize, and then peered up with bright eyes to her parents.

@Meerkat @Njord *ropes you back in* Feel free to take creative control! Curiosity voyage, ahoy
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal bippity-boppity-booed after Orca, tracing her sister’s path as she orbited out, back towards mom and dad, and then out again. The new rendezvous area was exciting and BIG. So big, in fact, that Seal felt overwhelmed!

Sticking next to Orca seemed like the best plan of action. At least, until she plucked up the courage to explore the area by herself. Chakliux and Raiyuk were also seated on the perimeter, and this made Seal feel marginally better, too.

“Yeah, what’s dat?” Seal echoed Orca.
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric arrived with treats in tow for little teeth and smiled bright at the sight of the little ones.

He dipped his head to all the parents and then settled for a minute watching with bright eyes and a merry grin.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The girls didn’t seem particularly keen on independent exploration today, insisting their parents stay with them. Meerkat knew this would eventually change—that was the entire point of this venture—so she was happy to indulge them for now.

When Orca pointed at something, Meerkat took a closer look, grinning as she said, That’s a turtle! We must have frightened her because she’s withdrawn into her shell. If we’re quiet, she might peek out.

She glanced up to see Chakliux and Raiyuk, motioning the latter to come over and take a look at what they’d found. Over his shoulder, Meerkat saw Alaric coming closer with what looked like treats in tow. Would the pups notice him too, or were they too busy poking at the turtle?

I thought I’d keep this moving. Others are welcome to pop in anytime and we can keep the post order loose. :)
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
A turtle!

Orca looked back toward it. She was about to shout to encourage it out, but mom said to be quiet...

Three seconds passed. Four. Five. It was unbearable! I's being kuh-why-it, you come now toortle? she whispered, patience wearing quite thin. She looked to Seal, then back to the object... but her patience wore thin when it didn't come out. With a huff, Orca abandoned this pursuit and ran toward the gifts brought.

There was only a heartbeat of shyness before she got a whiff of them. They smelled like ma, and da, which was automatically a good thing.

So then came her next questions: What this?! Who you?
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Be quiet.

“TUWTLE!” Seal shrieked as her excitement spilled over. Then, regret. She cupped her paws over her muzzle. Oops! I did the opposite! Her little ears rolled back as her brown eyes swam from Orca to Meerkat remorsefully.

Then, she crouched down low into a small ball and waited silently with Orca, who lost her patience first. “Come out widdle tuwtle…” Seal whispered melodically as she tried her best to entice their new reptilian friend to say hi.

While Orca noticed Alaric, Seal remained fixated on the turtle. Then, its little red-striped head poked out. Seal sucked in a breath and then held it. She would not make the same mistake again!
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Alaric didn't need to be noticed. Honestly he just enjoyed watching them as they played. He thought about the little turtle in front of them and wondered how he could coax it out for them. When it did it itself. A soft sigh of delight curled from his maw, but he stayed quiet and instead watched as they explored their new world.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The pups remained preoccupied with the turtle, at least momentarily. Then Orca noticed Alaric and scampered over to him, demanding answers. Meerkat had to suppress an amused smile at her antics. It wasn’t unusual for a young child not to have the best recall, she just hoped the envoy wasn’t offended.

Orca, this is Alaric, the mother said, reaching out to playfully tug on Orca’s tail. Now, what do you say when someone brings you a gift? Meerkat added, her voice going a smidgen sterner.

Her eyes lifted, glancing around for Njord, rolling her eyes and shaking her head fondly. Meerkat then retreated a few steps, hoping Orca would engage Alaric more politely now while she took another peek at the situation with the turtle.

How’s it going over here? Meerkat whispered close to Seal’s ear, folding down beside her.
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
941 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Just a cameo!

As the girls played Njord had meandered over to @Chakliux to make small talk. The rendezvous site was a perfect place for Moonspear’s three youngest cadets to learn and grow. The man was excited for this stage of their life, for it was one had missed with Stingray, Swordfish, and Mercy.

Then, Njord made his way over to Alaric.

“Och, ye are too kind, my friend. Ah thank ye. Our wee ones certainly are lucky little ducks tae recieve such generous gifts,” he smiled at Orca and waited for the thank you from his daughter which had been prompted by Meerkat.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

59 Posts
Ooc — ?
The tail tug earned all of Orca's attention and a childish scowl. No thanks!! she hollered, letting her mother know promptly that she did not like tail tugs! Only kisses and cuddles. Orca turned to press herself against her mother in the manner of a cat, staring up at her as she spoke.

Oh man, that voice meant business... and she racked her brain. Oof... Great question, mom!!! What did they say???

Orca scrunched up her brow for a drawn out minute before remembering. It could be one of two things. So she went with both. Me like!!!! Fanks!!! Right? Oh! And maybe, It's good job!!! As in, you did a good job finding this! ...but the semantics of language Orca was still coming to grasp.

She looked at her mama now, wondering if that was a good job too. Meerkat, best mother that she was, and Njord, best father that he was, certainly knew how to praise them when all was well! Her own words held a slight accent, but was a good blend of her mother and father both. But they had done a good job at getting her attention upon Alaric, who she picked her way a little closer to (with dragging steps). She dawdled, but only a bit.

Orca II said happily, I like towtles,
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Last from me! omfg that turtle reference cracked me up!

While Orca and Alaric engaged in a riveting conversation about chrysemys picta, Seal observed their reptilian friend with baited breath.

Literally, she was holding her breath.

Wait - was that puppy turning blue??

Suddenly, Seal couldn’t hold her excitement in any longer and gasped. “HI TUWTLE!” The yell spooked the little guy, whose head retreated back into its shell.

How’s it going over here? Mom asked.

Seal, undeterred by this wee setback, hunkered back down and whispered very quietly. “We’re almost frens…”
Moonspear
Councilor*
548 Posts
Ooc — Danni
last from me

Alaric grinned at Njord and then eyes went to the little she pup that sudled closer while the other continued to be enamored with turtle.

He laughed at her outburst and then his hert melted when she said they were almost frens. They could get anything from him right now. He'd climb the stars and give them the moon.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,943 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Orca declared, “I like towtles,” to Alaric right as Seal stage-whispered, “HI, TUWTLE!” Meerkat experienced these exclamations in stereo and couldn’t help but chortle, her heart bursting with indescribable fondness for her little girls.

Now Seal dropped her voice into a proper whisper and insisted she and the turtle were very nearly friends. Meerkat reached out and pressed a smile to the child’s forehead. Her eyes slipped shut as she committed this moment to memory. Her daughters were growing so fast—they were here at the rendezvous site now, after all—but she would savor every moment of their childhood.

You know, she whispered conspiratorially, warm breath tickling the soft furs lining Seal’s ear, there are so many other friends to make here. Would you like to go and find some? Maybe when we come back to check on her, she’ll be ready to say ‘hello.’ Come on.

Meerkat nudged the freckled pup, then raised to her full height and exchanged a glance with Njord. Perhaps he would stay and keep an eye on Orca while she chatted with Alaric. Or perhaps her darker daughter would notice them slipping away and come after them. Meerkat welcomed either outcome as she guided Seal to another part of the rendezvous site.