Wheeling Gull Isle show me, who I am and who I could be
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
46 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
All Welcome 
With blinking eyes, he fought the darkness. Light flooded in. The first mark of a rebel heart: nature is no law to me.

The shapes around him were a blur, as though he looked through a glass, dimly. They shuffled, they moved, one became five as different parts and colours made their way around him, and each one carried a different smell. Ones he recognized. Brother. Sister. Song giver. Warmth bringer.

Simeon leaned against @Heda and marvelled at the size of her. A deep warmth filled his heart as he remembered the songs she sang to ten. A little coo was all he gave her, this sleeping giant next to him, @Judah, @Malakai, and @Dinah — and he looked to each in turn.

His eyes finally rested on the brightest one of all, and like a moth to the flame, Simeon giggled and tottered over, and, when he had reached the one he knew as the one he always made sure to scream for, placed a big slap! of his paw right in @Caracal’s sleeping face.

Thus begins day 72, when eyes are given sight.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,120 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"oh, simeon!"
but her voice was fully amused! how had he gotten so far! carefully she guided his little paw away from his father's poor face, seeing only that detail first, and quickly bent over caracal to soothe him with a kiss.
she noticed then the new look of simeon's face; with a little intake of breath and a grin of bright pride, she exclaimed, "look! his eyes are open! oh, can you see me now, baby lamb?"
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
189 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Bright.
Oh, how bright and painful the light was, blurry and unforgiving and all-too overwhelming for such a mind so moldable. Vague shapes, fuzzy and almost wet in appearance. But as soon as the initial fright had passed, the infant was entranced. She feels the urge to follow it! God has given her a gift today! 
Until it is black again, and her tiny head is cushioned with alabaster fur as it rams right into what must have been one of her mother's ribs, or perhaps a shoulder. 
She can hear words, voices, syllables she cannot yet mimic, and a frustrated whine falls from tiny lips. 
Blink, blink.
When she looks to her right, she can see them, the warm bodies she had come to recognize by feel alone. Her brothers, all three, and she is overwhelmed with excitement. An uncoordinated paw reaches out for Simeon, followed by a mouth that latches onto the tip of his ear. 
She can see him, and although he is clouded with static, he is wonderful.
144 Posts
Ooc — tazi
There are colors: tints, hues, and values, endless variations of them! There are faces to temples and sanctuaries; brothers, sister, mother and father: a family! There is a cozy den: rock, earth, moss, tree roots, and dust! Perhaps too even a peak out as to what lay beyond: sky, clouds, birds, plants, trees, ocean!

This is all to say, if Judah had been awake to witness sight… But he was passed out between his mother’s hind leg and her billowy tail, very much lost to the epiphany of this day and their little family that flared with joy.
Loner
Messenger of God
98 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Malakai would be at rest as his twin brother, not far from his side. Though it is the happy filled words of mother which stirred him and as he lifted his head, eyes partially opened to see what was going on... To see what was going on. Before the world was one of four senses. Now, sight was added onto the mix. His eyes so narrowed and blinking, he tried to understand what was happening and could not. He looks around his family but it is not them which captures his interest. It is the blinding light from outside the den. The light. He couldnt turn away, though it hurt his new puppy vision. 
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Caracal barely stirred at the slap. His brow furrowed and he grumbled under his breath, head lolling from one side to the other. When he felt the familiar press of his wife’s lips, his expression smoothed into a smile as he drifted back into deep sleep.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Loner
I will carry cross and song where I don't belong
46 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
At first he didn’t even notice how his siblings eyes now opened. Only that when he’d given dad a big ole bop he’d hardly even stirred! Rude!

Simeon was winding up to give Caracal an even harder and growlier punch — accentuated by boyish laughter — when mama’s sweet voice cascade o’er his ears and her head lowered beside him to nudge him away and give dad a more… gentle touch.

Dad did something funny with his face then and Simeon repeated with a crude mimicry of a smile back, cast this time up at mama because dad seemed to think she was the one to give this funny look to.

He didn’t really know what she’d said but her voice was that happy kind. His little tail flicked like a switch against the ground and he babbled up something in his happy voice that made total sense to him.

It was then Simeon felt a tugging on his ear — and oh! Scents took shape as he stared into his sisters face who stared right on back, and Simeon laughed! He reached out to her and planted her nose with the sloppiest kiss he could give!

After all, if mom had done that to dad, surely it was something good!
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,120 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
simeon amused heda so much she had to lift a paw to hide her smirk. dinah was shifting, judah asleep. malakai blinked at the light.
she gathered her little quartet, one by one, and bundled them closer to the denmouth.
"god made the light. god made the sun."
heda's voice was a low sing-song. 
"god made all that you see. he made you."
and gently, to each little forehead in turn, she touched her muzzle, as if she might give them the blessing of god's love.
Loner
Messenger of God
98 Posts
Ooc — Vami
God. 

Malakai had not the faintest clue who that was or what it meant. It didn't matter. Not in these early stages of life. He was taken by his mother, along with his brothers and sisters. They were bundled close to the mouth of the den and for the first time, Mai both saw and felt the brightness and warmth of the sun. He yips and babbles up at his mother, excited to do his best to explain his happiness of this new thing.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,120 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
the light. the sun. the island. her. 
"he knew who you would be before you were born,"
before breath.
heda would speak of god until her little ones sleepily drooped, and then she would curl around them for her own prayer before sleep.