Frustrated Newbie Vent
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Why does it seem like it's difficult to have pups in this game? This is the first game I've played where your characters action is at the whims of another player...now if my character, who already mated, because I didn't know you needed PERMISSION to have a mate, has pups, she basically has to abandon them??? Am I the only one who is frustrated with this???
5 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All of these rules are laid out in the Guidebook as well as some new ones here: https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=36362

This seems like something better discussed privately with your pack PMs/CMs.
Current Health (78/100)
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Every pack has their own breeding rules as well, it’s always wise to read up on them and chat with the leaders to be sure you understand them. Packs also have a limited number of puppy slots

Although I don’t know The details of what’s happening, if she has to abandon them for ooc permission reasons or ic permission reasons.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It's not that your character needs permission to have a mate, it's that your character needs permission (out of character and, in some cases, in character) to reproduce.

I did receive your PM today but did not respond with an answer immediately as I was in discussion with my co-leader as well working my day job, but in the case of Aphrodite having mated with another wolf before joining Whitebark Stream, we were not aware of this prior to her joining. As our pack is limited to 8 pup slots, I believe these are all already accounted for and thus cannot approve the litter (@Dawn can confirm as she approved the other matings before I became a PM). It's not that we are trying to be difficult, it's simply that we are following the rules of the game. In the past the game has been overrun with pups and these limitations of numbers and a specific breeding season were put in place to prevent this happening again.

As Aphrodite mated when she was a lone wolf, we cannot grant permission for her to have conceived at that time - that is something you'll have to discuss with the admins.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
Regardless of the mating thread, Aphrodite cannot be pregnant from that event even if the PMs of her pack approve her for puppies this season. All players/parties involved must receive permission PRIOR to conception threads, in order to have puppies/become pregnant. This is outlined in the Guidebook.

These rules have been community-driven and put in place solely by feedback from the community. The rules regarding puppies and reproduction can be found here, I suggest they be read so you do not have any more unpleasant surprises:
https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=13171
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
With all this stuff stacked against you, how the heck are you supposed to have pups??
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
I'd suggest that you work on getting your characters lasting relationships, bonds, and integrating into a pack! If you want a game where having pups quickly is the focus, this may not be the place for you.  We allow pms full discretion in who they grant rights to their limited slots, and it is not all that hard to work with them to find someone willing. 

If the community thinks that our rules are too restrictive, we are always open to changing! But that doesn't seem to be the case.  We've done a lot of rework in the previous years to eliminate this kind of confusion after the fact by requiring pre approval.  It puts us at a good balance of allowing packs freedom of agency (and not giving cms the only say) while still keeping pups a semi rewarding accomplishment
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
It just sucks I have to wait an entire year. I'm used to fast paced role-playing, so needing to plot, pace time, and use the map is kinda new to me and a little frustrating. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually, it's just a bit of an adjustment.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
(February 22, 2020, 09:11 AM)Artyom Wrote: It's not that your character needs permission to have a mate, it's that your character needs permission (out of character and, in some cases, in character) to reproduce.

I did receive your PM today but did not respond with an answer immediately as I was in discussion with my co-leader as well working my day job, but in the case of Aphrodite having mated with another wolf before joining Whitebark Stream, we were not aware of this prior to her joining. As our pack is limited to 8 pup slots, I believe these are all already accounted for and thus cannot approve the litter (@Dawn can confirm as she approved the other matings before I became a PM). It's not that we are trying to be difficult, it's simply that we are following the rules of the game. In the past the game has been overrun with pups and these limitations of numbers and a specific breeding season were put in place to prevent this happening again.

As Aphrodite mated when she was a lone wolf, we cannot grant permission for her to have conceived at that time - that is something you'll have to discuss with the admins.

Artyom is exactly right -- as per my PM, all the pup slots at Whitebark Stream have been accounted for, so we're unable to accept/approve any more pregnancies or pups. It's not in an attempt to control characters in any way, only that we're out of space, and as Artyom pointed out, are unable to approve a pairing that occurred previously/while she was a lone wolf.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,531 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Aphrodite dateline='[url=tel:1582394605' Wrote: 1582394605']
It just sucks I have to wait an entire year. I'm used to fast paced role-playing, so needing to plot, pace time, and use the map is kinda new to me and a little frustrating. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually, it's just a bit of an adjustment.

for sure!! That it is.  I think you will find it very rewarding though!! <3 wolf is unique in sites I've played at previously  in that it really encourages players to build a character in a long term way.  You can have a lot of fun with that, fast paced, even without throwing pups into the mix!  I'm betting that year will go by faster than you think