Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
The conversation with @Fennec weighed heavily on Towhee. It was a clear night, the air warm and full of cicadas and crickets she of course couldn’t hear. She roamed along the edge of the canyon, doubling her patrol when she found herself reluctant to head home.

It made her think. She had only recently admitted to herself that she had developed strong feelings for @Maxim. She hadn’t told him but Towhee was pretty sure she was in love with the dude. And maybe that was a mistake. Now that their young ones were growing up, perhaps she should put some distance between them, try to detach a bit.

Sure, he was brilliant with Jack and Leo, even with her, but… Towhee paused, gazing up at the stars. They reminded her of Fen’s unseeing eyes as she thought, Everybody leaves…
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Starlight lit the redsand canyon path, as gigantic footfalls fell silently down the well worn trails of others. Reyson lifted a black nose towards the sky and studied the stars as the glittered and glowed above him, lighting up his golden pieces. He heaved a great sigh. How he wished Renaud was here, and Amity and Rook. So many, lost.

He was thrown from his thoughts by another shape in front of him. And as he crested the last spot, Towhee came into view. She looked introspective and he didn't really want to bother her, so he stood there straddling his indecision. Unsure and a little unsettled.

He moved closer. He would continue past her, unless she stopped him. To passing wolves in the dead of night, patrolling. Even though both had dens to go too, neither one did.

because i have incredibly strong feelings about this and Blue Willow is breathing down my neck. You get Reyson. I can delete if you prefer someone she is closer with or Maxim.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
You’re good, it was open! :)

A flicker of light in the distance made Towhee turn her head, her thoughts scattering on the summer night’s breeze as she watched another pulse of heat lightning strobe along the horizon. She didn’t smell ozone or rain, nor did she feel the rumble of thunder, but she wondered if a storm might roll in overnight.

Turning around again, she started a little when she saw a silhouette coming her way. She quickly recognized Reyson by scent, then sight, the continuous pulses of lightning throwing him into sharp relief every few seconds.

I see I’m not the only one burning the candle at both ends, Towhee quipped, giving no indication of her prior, private thoughts. Isn’t it past your bedtime, Sunshine?
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had lifted his head at the first light of the night sky. The lightning crackling across the area, it was a heat storm probably, but perhaps not. He shuddered. They always felt so foredboding, different than rain. Rain was clean and fresh. Lightning storm in and of itself, was different. He wasn't certain why.

Towhee was lit up by the lightning. It accentuated her form as he moved closer. He tilted his head and studied the surrounding area, and then brought it back to her. Leaving a deep scour in the earth. He moved forward when she spoke.

Reyson moved closer so she could see him when he spoke, he was not familiar with any other language for her. He tried to keep his distance though.

Normally yes. But I couldn't sleep. Night Devils. Shouldn't you be sleeping with the little ones? Little pups go to bed early don't they?

His ignorance of how puppies work clear in his question. He meant nothing by it. He was merely curious.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Night devils? Was that some sort of fancy term for a nightmare, Towhee wondered? But she forgot to ask when Reyson inquired about her puppies and why she wasn’t with them.

My partner’s, she answered, pausing ever so slightly, with them.

Glancing away, she frowned. “Partner” didn’t feel right in her mouth. Maxim had become so much more to her. She’d tried to repress it, though in the wake of her conversation with Fennec, Towhee realized she was rapidly approaching a critical crossroads in her relationship.

Time to shit or get off the pot, she mused darkly, leaning heavily toward the latter right at the moment, her daughter’s grief and misery fresh on her mind.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
It was indeed a worde for nightmares, but his were getting worse hence devils.

He gave a small smile. Maxim right. He is very proud of them.

Reyson was curious about the wording, but chose not to speak about it. If she wished to say more she couls, but they were not bosom buddies. He didn't even know of they were friends. Comrades in arms.

He looked up to the stars. We used to follow the stars when in night battles. They always remind me that things are bigger than me in the scheme of things and things always have a way of working out.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She nodded, trying to ignore the warmth that wormed its way into her heart when Reyson said Maxim’s name and spoke of his pride for their children. They had treated the relationship and parenthood a bit transactionally at first but it had all become so much more. Towhee swallowed.

She missed Reyson’s profound musing about the stars completely, glancing toward the horizon as clouds began to gather there, backlit by the nigh continuous flashes of heat lightning. The breeze was kicking up a bit. Towhee was no meteorologist but she was now certain a storm was coming.

Reyson was looking at the sky too, she noticed with a sideways glance, prompting her to muse, My brother—have you met Phox?—would probably have a lot to say about this sky. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s around here somewhere, stargazing.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson thought warmly of Maxim. He was one Reyson would consider a friend. Found him easy to get along with and enjoyed watching him grow into his own wolf.

Reyson didn't expect an answer it was clear Towhee was miles away in her mind. Though, he had wanted for the first time to fill silence.

Reyson glanced to her and shook his head. A small lift of his lips in amusement.

In case you haven't noticed. I'm not the friendliest. I believe i have met you, Kallik, Maxim, Germanicus and Aquene. Thats about it
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She arched an eyebrow a bit at his response. He didn’t seem that standoffish to Towhee—excepting, perhaps, that one time with her kids—but she wasn’t about to disagree with him about something like this. Her eyes lingered on his mouth as he ticked off a short list of names.

Well, you hit all the important ones, she joked. Phox isn’t very social these days, either. He’s been through a lot… Towhee thought out loud.

Suddenly, she wondered if Fennec had spoken to her dad. He could certainly empathize with her situation. She could see Fen avoiding burdening him with it, though. They’d all been through a lot in their lives, though Phox had pulled one of the shortest sticks of all. Towhee didn’t think he’d ever fully recovered, to tell the truth.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was getting better. Only because Maxim had of sorts called him on it. And he had promised the younger male he'd try.

He chuckled and nodded his head. I hope phox gets better someday. Sometimes life kicks you in the teeth.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
That it does, Towhee could only murmur in agreement, once more dwelling on the day when Maxim inevitably left her, more likely than not without a single word of warning.

She should definitely break up with him, she thought with sudden ferocity. Sure, she was pretty damn attached but surely a little pain in the short term would be worth it in the long run. He couldn’t leave her if she left him first, eh?

I should get back. You should too. Storm’s coming, a resigned Towhee said, offering only a parting chuff before turning to walk her relationship’s death row.