Hideaway Strath De donde eres?
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
All Welcome 
Would like for Rye to meet Phox, but of course anyone is welcome too!

Positivity, that was Rye or at least that what he tried to be but it didn't always work out that way. However things were good for Rye, he recently got back in touch with Towhee. The way things were headed Frosthawks would be fully up on their feet, and Rye could be free to leave the nest more often. Today however, he was making his way to hideaway, he wasn't there to visit Towhee, although he wouldn't be opposed, even if he made a fool of himself the last time. He regretted the boldness he unintentionally mustered up whilst talking to her, if anyone was to blame it would be the devil on his shoulder. Thankfully it hibernated more often than not. Back to the task at hand, taversing the land to the enterance Towhee mention. It was within sight, but he stopped short, he didn't want to intrude.

He briefly thought about howling to announce his presence but decided he would check the place out, the surrounding areas withing going in. From his understanding, they most likely had a few members milling around. Established packs were territorial, so starting packs must be extremely, and maybe violently.  Although Rye doubted Towhee would give the order to resort to violence but Rye wouldn't test his luck. Anywho, Rye continued on his little trek around the territory, a pep in his step as he went. He wondered if he'd run into Towhee again, or maybe the territorial wolves within.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee was stationed at the pass when Rye came calling. She rose to her feet, a low growl rumbling in her throat, at the first sign of movement in the distance. But as the figure came closer and took on familiar dimensions, she calmed down right away and even began to wave her tail. Her orange eyes tracked Rye, who looked lost. She chortled under her breath.

-"WHO GOES THERE?"- she bellowed after creeping on him for a minute or so, trying to channel the proverbial troll under the bridge. Slightly less loudly, Towhee added, -"There's a toll to pass through here. I'll accept one loyalty card."- She winked and clicked her tongue, then more conversationally asked, -"You here to join us already?"-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
The voice that called to him was at first unrecognizable, it was deepish, almost gutteral with a hint of play. Rye froze in his steps and turned to look at the origin of the voice, it was Towhee! A delightful face to see amidst all the chaos back within the pack, there wasn't really chaos just a little unrest due to the move. However it was unexpected to see Towhee again, Rye thought he'd run into another wolf on patrol or maybe even that Phox fellow, not that Rye was complaining. Towhees humor was always welcome around him and Towhee in general. Speaking of, her little bridge troll persona was amusing, earning a good laugh from Rye.

"While I would love to give you such news, I can't. I'm here to visit, see if I can meet any other in your pack. I suppose you can call it 'checking out the goods'." He joked but in a way he wasn't joking, he didn't want to join a pack where he wasn't wanted. Although he was confident that wouldn't be a problem. "How's the pack coming along? How many you got imprisoned so far?" That, that was a joke. Albeit a crappy one but Rye never claimed to be a good jokester. He'd admit, more often than not his jokes would fall flat.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Rye said that he was here to meet the others in the pack, Towhee feigned hurt. -"You wound me,"- she rejoined playfully. -"Are you telling me these goods aren't enough for you?"- Towhee wiggled her hips suggestively, then stilled with a huff of laughter.

It surprised her to realize that, truth be told, she felt disappointed that Rye wasn't here to join the ranks. -"We're doing well. I don't know how many we are off the top of my head, since I can't count past six..."- she quipped with another chuff, -"But it's at least six!"-

Her brow furrowed then and she found herself saying, with bare naked honesty, -"I'd really like having you here, you know."-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Okay, we're good now. Not sure if you saw my colossal fuck up, but if not, good! Lol

Rye did his best to hide his embarrassed smirk on his face, but really all he did was make it more obvious. The conversation between the two last time was great, until Rye royally effed it up at the very end. However Towhee didn't seem bothered by it now, so he shouldn't either. Maybe he should go along with it? No, he learned not to flirt when his flirting skills were not up to Towhees level. "Well no, I never said that," He playfully wiggled his eyebrows and stopped trying to hide his smirk. He did it anyways, someone please save him. Rye didn't understand where this boldness was coming from, it was completely abnormal of him but God, did Towhee ever bring that out of him.

Anyways, six know pack members, he was happy they were doing well. He wanted to pitch in, give them some of the food he's been catching but he wasn't sure the pack would take too kindly to that but Rye was starting to adopt a too bad attitude. All for the sake of Towhee. "Six far so good," He stated, trying to be more clever than usual, his attepts might go unnoticed or laughed at, but not in a good way. He wasn't sure what he was doing at that point. 

Then Towhee said something that was felt to be from left field, her lure honesty struck true in his heart and he had a warm smile. Her kind words were beautifully gifted, it was something Rye would not take for granted. It sold him, he wanted to join badly now, but he needed to stay a little longer with the pack. Give them what they were due before he left. "Ah, Towhee, alright. I'll tell you what, I'll join your crew but I need a few days to give the Frosthawks its due, and inform Quixote. Would you advise him over Raven? I don't know Raven all that well so I can't guess her reaction." Rye only saw her once during the move, then that was it after. He wasn't sure if she'd be more bothered by his change of allegiance or not.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I'm sorry I missed it. LOL.

His pun earned a smirk from Towhee, her mouth softening into a friendly grin in the next beat. She really did like Rye and she earnestly hoped he would make the move. When he agreed, it took her by surprise and her orange eyes widened as her smile broadened. She almost felt guilty for putting so much pressure, though Rye didn't seem too perturbed by her sway.

He wanted to know who he should call: Quixote or Raven? Honestly, Towhee thought he ought to speak to them both, as they were both his leaders. But that reminded her. -"What if you talked to this Rannoch and Liffey instead?"- she said, mostly joking. She shook her head, still a little in disbelief at the absurdity of four Alphas. -"On a serious note, you should talk to them both, at the same time, if you can. I think that'd be the most respectful way to handle it, even if not the easiest. Or,"- she finished with a quiet huff, -"you could go the route of a total cop-out: howl from the borders, tell them you've fallen head over heels in love and you're running away to be with me."-

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye let his eyes and head roll in an overly dramatic way, he didn't understand the concept of four alphas and how that would work. Actually, he had a feeling it would result in a fight, someone, sometime would say or do something to urk the others. It was a disaster waiting to happen, as much as he hoped them well he couldn't escape the gut feeling. "Both? Okay, but if I get my ass kicked I'm limping directly towards you and you'll hear me complain for days. Thats a promise" He said, grinning. Towhee explained last time that wasn't a possibilty but he wanted to joke about it anyways, his mind was still anxious about the whole thing.

Towhees last words ruffled Ryes' fur a bit, made his skin a little pricklier. He didn't understand why, but it made his heart jump a little too. He laughed it off, both the joke and his feelings. There was something about what she said that made his chest warm, and his head much lighter than nornal. There was hope for something, what it was Rye had yet to find out but it was almost scary what he was feeling. Ignoring how he felt, "I'm sure that would lessen the impact of little ol' me leaving. How could they possibly be mad at a love struck wolf off to be with their love?" He laughed some more, but he may actually be right. Who can deny someone love?.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She sincerely doubted there was any risk of a physical altercation, though instead of reassuring Rye about this, her grin turned wolfish and she replied, -"Good thing I'm deaf, huh? But I'll take good care of you."- She stretched out a foreleg and patted him in a there, there sort of way, a mischievous fire burning in her eyes.

If her joke affected Rye in any way, he didn't show it (much). He ran with it and Towhee bobbed her head. -"Exactly. They can't be mad at you for following your heart. It's not like you can help that you're crazily in love with me."- Now she smirked.

Only slightly more seriously, she observed, -"You know, telling them that might really, actually work: they'll be so surprised, they won't know how to react. I actually worry that they might both stroke out at the idea of someone falling for me."- Once more, she huffed a laugh, her tail twitching despite the self-deprecation.

-"Anyway, before you go back there and do the thing, would you like to meet anyone else from the grove? Maybe my brother? Have you met Phox before?"- They'd both been in Redhawks, although that didn't necessarily mean they were well acquainted.

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye wore a grin that stretched from ear to ear, he shook his head and playfully shugged off her paw. Partly in fear of her feeling his heart thrum throughout his body, he didn't want to come off as weird or anything. Steadying himself, he breathed in deep, keeping his grin to his lips. He nodded at Towhees added response to the love stuck idea, but then of course, she had to throw another bomb shell Ryes' way. His previous attempts at calming were futile as his heart started its engines again. Rye began to question if she knew something about him that he didn't even know. Feelings? He denied it vehemently, and refused to even look into the possibility that he was developing feelings for Towhee. Simply no way, she was a good friend, thats all. 

But then Towhee made the mistake of making a self-deprecating joke, and Rye was quick to soften. He looked at her, puzzled and confused. Rye believed everyone had a soulmate, not a wolf out there didn't have their destined to be. Towhee was no different. "Why wouldn't someone fall for you?" He asked, his voice soothing and endearing. Rye followed that up with, "Don't take this the, uh, wrong way but frankly I'm surprised someone hasn't snatched you up." He wasn't just saying it, he meant it. It genuinely baffled him to his core why some lucky wolf hasn't already found her. By this time, Rye wasn't really paying much attention to his body, just his heart and the way it felt. He was swept up in warmth, adoration, compassion and something else, what was it? 

But, back to the main topic, right.. "So uh, yeah, I'll inform Quixote and Raven a day or two before my departure. Just need a week, think you can handle that?" He asked jokingly. "Oh and yeah, was curious about that Phox fellow, if you or him have the time, I'd like to meet him."
Oh boy, here we go lol
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He made an attempt to protest her self-denigration, which Towhee appreciated, though she shook her head. -"I'm not the type,"- she answered frankly, -"and if anything ever changes, I'll be the one doing the snatching, not the other way around."- But all jokes aside, she still didn't see it for herself, although kidding around with Rye did make it all feel a little less far-fetched than before.

-"That's totally fine,"- she assured him when he gave a timeline. -"I'll call for @Phox,"- she added right before tossing her head skyward and sending up a howl for her brother. It sounded a bit like a bighorn sheep falling down a mountain to its death. Oblivious to just how awful she sounded, she let the call taper off naturally and then dropped her head to grin at Rye.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox had been restocking a cache that had been raided by what smelled like a coyote. It was disconcerting, to say the least, but he knew they'd upped their patrols these past few days, so the Redhawk reminded himself that there was only so much they could do. Satisfied with his work, he stepped back only to be called by his fellow Kilonova. Without hesitating, Phox quickly made his way to find Rye standing and chatting with Towhee.

He knew nothing of their relationship (friendly or otherwise), and honestly, Phox didn't know anything about Rye at all. He figured he'd been sent to give some news from the—shudder—Frosthawks. Whatever the news was, Phox prepared himself for the worst... hoping for the best. What's up, Rye? he asked, licking his lips in anticipation.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
At first Towhees howl caught Rye off guard, or more specifically his ears. The cupped back towards Ryes' tail on instinct, something he hoped she wouldn't notice. He didn't blame Towhee for her howl, being deaf and all must be the reasoning behind it. Once she smiled at him, he smiled back and gave a soft chuckle. He prayed she didn't notice his ears defending itself against her howl. Rye wouldn't feel too good for making her feel embarrassed or ashamed but maybe she knew and embraced her how anway. To him, that was definitely something Towhee would do. A little thought popped into his head, for some reason (clearly unbeknownst to Rye) he found it cute when she howled. Even the howl itself, although his ears disagreed he truly thought so. Rye never thought he'd give Towhee that title, but here he was, unabashedly doing so. 

It wasn't long before the Phox fellow showed up and called him by name. Rye stood a tad confused, had they met before? He wasn't sure but he shrugged it off and greeted the male with a smile. "It's nice to finally meet you Phox, he tipped his head "Nice place you two got here, with a little coaxing from Towhee I've decided to join your crew. Just need a week. I hope that is okay with you?" Even if Towhee was one of the main leaders of the pack, Rye thought it decent to ask the second as well. Though he wasn't sure what would happen if Phox said no, that would be interesting to say the least.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
If Towhee noticed Rye's discomfiture, she paid it no attention. Her eyes scanned the nearby treeline for a sign of her brother. It wasn't long before he materialized, his black figure trotting closer. She shot him a smile, her tail waving, allowing him a moment to exchange greetings with Rye.

-"I'll vouch for him,"- Towhee pinned on to Rye's opener. -"He just wanted to formally introduce himself to you as well."- She winked and nudged Phox with her elbow. Even if she hadn't been particularly fond of Rye, his manners were pleasing.

-We'll be taking a member from the Frosthawks,- she added in ptero only. -He intends to inform Rave and Qui in person but I'll probably drop by there too, to make sure it's not a deal. It's about time I bit the bullet and made a visit anyway.- She bit back a sigh.

Facing Rye again, Towhee smiled apologetically for any perceived rudeness, then announced, -"I'll let you two chat. I'll be nearby, covering the pass. See you later,"- she said, brushing Phox's shoulder with her nose. Towhee then stepped forward and gave Rye a sloppy lick on the nose. -"And see you soon."- With a snicker, the mercenary jogged a distance away to give them some space to acquaint.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Another recruit was always good to have, and that was doubly true if Towhee was vouching for him. Even though the two had never formally met, they'd lived in the same pack for months on end, so that was likely how Phox had picked up his name. Towhee added in her two (more like five) cents on the new recruit, and Phox bobbed his head in agreement. He didn't want to stir up any (more) bad blood between the grove and the Frosthawks.

The overtly affectionate move by Towhee didn't go unnoticed, and Phox shot her a brief questioning look before turning back to Rye. I'm sure Towhee already conducted the interview, but what makes you want to leave the Frosthawks? Is there something going on between you two? Phox didn't waste any time getting to the point, did he?
player preferences
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
His eyes shot wide open at the lick, and he watched as Towhee exited the scene, completely forgotting about Phox. Too enamoured with the gift he received to really care about talking with Towhees brother. Of course his heart was a hammerin' away, nailing the final nail into a certain heart shaped coffin. "See ya," His voice was quiet, still in shock but he quickly moved on to what was near him. Phox.

And the question he asked made things all the worse, oh boy. Rye shook his head instantly, though on the inside he wasn't really sure. At first a dry, awkward cough was all Rye could manage but the air in his lungs found him once again and, "No, no, not by any means," He defended quickly but quickly followed it up with, "Why? Did she say something about me?" He asked optimistically, completely forgetting the fact that, ya know, Phox was there when that whole nose lick happned.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Rye both immediately rejected the idea that something was going on while practically confirming it with his next question. Phox snorted, amused at how transparent he was. He wasn't about to tell Towhee who she could and couldn't screw around with, especially when he'd been swayed by Camilla so easily. He just hoped that things between Rye and Towhee (wherever they went) ended up with Towhee being happy. That was his only real concern.

Don't worry, I won't cock block you. But don't ever hurt her, or you'll wish I had cock blocked you a long time ago. Ya get my drift? he asked. Phox wouldn't tolerate anybody hurting his family, physically or otherwise.
player preferences
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye damn near choked on his own spit, the bluntness Phox threw his way was unexpected and little embarrassing for Rye. He felt exposed, as if he was shaven from the neck down. He did his best to laugh off the feeling stuck within his mind, though that did nothing for his laugh came out faker than all hell. Quitting while he was ahead Rye chewed his lip and nodded, Phox's warning was heard loud and clear. In truth, "I don't want to break Towhees' heart, I don't even know what's going on. I'm confused.." He addmited, his heart and mind never seemed to send coherent messages to each other, leaving Rye confused on their intents. What he said was vauge to the bigger picture at hand, he wasn't sure if Phox got his drift but if he didn't, it wouldn't be unexpected.

"Anyways, yeah. Nope, I'm quite sure Towhee would kick my ass before you got the chance to." This time Rye genuinely laughed, he had no worries of getting his ass kicked, none what so ever. And why would he? After all, he just wanted to be around to help.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,591 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
In truth, Phox had meant it as a half-joke, but the way Rye reacted made him wonder if the guy had taken it more seriously than intended. Not that Phox *wouldn't* beat his ass if he ever did anything to hurt Towhee. I just meant don't be a dick to her. Somehow Phox doubted Rye could break her heart. Did Towhee even *have* a heart, except for the one she'd given Fig and Fenn? Phox supposed she'd taken him back, so maybe she wasn't heartless after all.

Whatever Rye was confused about, Phox didn't really want to dig into that. He was nobody's counselor, and he was pretty sure there were plenty of other more qualified wolves around to take on that role. Besides, Rye seemed to lighten up a little, laughing about how Towhee could kick anybody's ass. Phox had seen that first-hand.

Cool, well. I guess once you've informed Raven and Quixote, come back and we can make it official and all that. Phox didn't have much to add beyond that, but he paused in case Rye had any questions.
player preferences
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
He nodded his head at Phoxs' request, and hummed a simple 'yeah'. He didn't need to further explain he wasn't going to be a dick, that would become clearer and clearer as the days pressed on. Anyways, his next objective was to inform Quixote and Raven, that would prove to be a small challenge. Rye didn't want bad blood flowing through leaders veins. "Yup, I'll inform them and then I'll see you in a week." Rye gave a quick nod of his head, flashed a small smile and then turned and walked away. 

archive?
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."