Graveyard Usergroup/Obituary
Epsilon
268 Posts
Ooc — Gina
HELLO so I believe we should definitely have a graveyard group as a way to memorialize the characters that have passed in game but also, maybe when an account is put into that group, a custom profile field is available for the user to enter the thread they died in as an obituary of sorts. It would take a touch of finagling with some if/then statements but it is possible, esp with MyBB's built in ability to only show certain custom profile fields to chosen usergroups!

THANKYOU -runsaway-
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Hello I need this.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,208 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
*takes off CM hat; puts on member hat*

I love the idea of a "graveyard" user group for toons that have died here on the site. It should be noted that they would not be able to post. I think the profiles themselves would be fine as-is, since there's plenty of room for customization with the way they are right now (and I don't wanna create more work for Starr/me, LOL).
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
I pitched this idea a while back and it seemed unanimous that we could just flex the DOD and other information into the profile with no user group change needed. That being said how would we police people who enter this user group and then try to bring their character back? This has happened and I wouldn’t want anyone to feel pushed into a square hole.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Akashingo
Mazoi
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
695 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Maybe require a "dead body" post or some way to canonically identify the death in the threadlog? If a character FOR SURE is dead / dies on site, then all a CM needs to do is look in the latest thread for a "proof of death" and then that character wouldn't be revived.