Cache Issues
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
not sure what sort of bug this would be, but my pms seem... broke? I can still recieve, but when I click delete pms like I always have, the page reloads as if an action has taken place, but nothing is moved. also, when I try to view my trash can by clicking from the bottom drop down and clicking "go", nothing happens at all, and the page does not reload. might be worth noting that I am on mobile, but this has always worked for me in the past.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
Some things are a bit wonky for me. It doesn't immediately register that I've posted. For example, I replied to someone's thread in drafting forum and it went through but when it took me back to the page my reply wasn't there. I refreshed it a couple times and then my reply showed up. I cleared my caches on my phone & my laptop thinking it was something on my end and that might help. It helped a little bit but I'm still experiencing the issue on both mobile + desktop and thought it worth noting here just in case.

Edit. Also having this issue on the main page after replying. Threads I just replied to don't show up until I refresh it. Sometimes a single refresh will do the trick but other times it takes two or three.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
I know the site's being all sorts of wackedy right now and I'm sure this is likely related, but I don't think I saw this one out here yet so just an FYI :)

When I switch characters and click on my threadlog, it shows me the threadlog of the previous character I was logged in as. I just switched from Yami to Penn and it definitely shows me in as Penn now, but when I click on "Threadlog", I see Yami's threadlog no matter how much I refresh.

To Clarify: It's when I click on Threadlog on the top navigation bar, not when I click on the link under his avatar on a post. That link takes me to the correct threadlog. The top navigation is still taking me to Yami.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
I too am having these issues. Changes to profiles, posts, etc don't show up until I actually hit refresh. Simply navigating via buttons doesn't update things as it should. Only having issues via desktop; haven't tried on mobile.

ETA: Having issues on mobile, too.
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
i'm having to refresh the page twice for anything to update. post edits, new replies, etc.

ex: tried to change the date on a thread. after typing the change in and updating, i had to refresh the page to see what i'd typed in. and then i went to the threadlog but it was wrong, so i had to refresh that to see. 

this has been happening since the site went down yesterday.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
to everyone having issues, i suggest clearing your caches for now. we're aware of the issues, our team is looking into it.. so hang tight! in the meantime suggest everyone write their posts on a notepad and/or save any revisions to posts or fields (like profiles/pawprints) to a notepad prior to submitting. most of the revisions seem to be going through and just need a refresh to propagate, but just in case! <3
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
so I got a pm reply and when I went to go and check it out and view it, it should disappear, but no it is still there when I refresh the page and go to the wolf home screen. I tried deleting the PM notification but when I refreshed back to the home page, the notification is still there.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
(March 19, 2020, 02:45 PM)Vespera Wrote: so I got a pm reply and when I went to go and check it out and view it, it should disappear, but no it is still there when I refresh the page and go to the wolf home screen. I tried deleting the PM notification but when I refreshed back to the home page, the notification is still there.

There have been some issues with the site the past few days, mostly with the cache. I've noticed a few:

— Posting in a thread typically causes the thread to refresh and your post to display. Sometimes now, it does not. If you hit refresh the page re-loads and the post will be there.

— I noticed that when I checked the online list on my Hypnos account, then swapping to Revui to do some replies, when I went back to the online list (still logged in as Revui) the cached page showed I was signed in as Hypnos. After a refresh, it displayed my currently-logged-in account properly.

I think what you experienced is another instance of the cache being a little slow to refresh. If you swap to the account that received the message and then refresh your page, it should stop displaying it.

So, what Lauren said:

Quote:to everyone having issues, i suggest clearing your caches for now. we're aware of the issues, our team is looking into it.. so hang tight! in the meantime suggest everyone write their posts on a notepad and/or save any revisions to posts or fields (like profiles/pawprints) to a notepad prior to submitting. most of the revisions seem to be going through and just need a refresh to propagate, but just in case! <3

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
oh okay, Thanks! C:
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon