Ouroboros Spine Tillinik
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
Moonglow was beautiful as Samani stepped from her den and squinted at the fading sunlight. Her eyes traced the mountains in the distance, following them until they faded into wild terrain. She breathed deep the smells of her home and found peace had settled inside her. It had been the first time she had been able to relax in many days.

Samani began a journey to find her mother. She wished to share her thoughts and to listen to the wise words that she would get in return. There were many thoughts in her head that she wished to make sense of. There were stirrings in the pit of her stomach that she had never known. The moon child had believed it was because of their talk. She had never considered that her first steps into adulthood would come with changes.

Sniffing at the soft wind, Samani found the scent of her mother and followed. She walked with purpose in her step. The young woman’s eyes searched until they had found the pale coat of @Kukutux. She called out with a gentle chuff.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,143 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
samani would find her anaa at grandfather stone.

moonwoman had been hunting voles. this time of the year, they leapt and ran. they were bountiful. she had caught many and as her daughter came up, she turned as she swallowed another.

"what thoughts are in your head, sweetgrass girl?" moonwoman chuffed. her jadestone eyes watched samani's lovely face. she motioned to the little pile of voles she had hunted. "eat, if you are hungry."

kukutux settled to wait for the young wolf to speak.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The Moonwoman turned with a vole in her mouth. She swallowed before greeting her daughter. Samani smiled sweetly, turning her snout to the side to avert her gaze. The scent of the prey filled her nose. She drew her tongue across her lips with interest before the food was offered to her.

Grabbing a plump vole in her teeth, she moved to seat herself and find comfort while she ate it. The little creature would be gone in a bite or two, but she enjoyed the flavors of the smaller prey. One bite filled her mouth. She wondered how she might word her questions, fearful that she would still sound like a child. The matters that Samani had discussed with her mom had not been childish ones.

We spoke of an ugi, last time. Samani’s eyes shifted to the pale features of Kukutux. She was suddenly grateful that she did not share her feelings with Aiolos. She did not think the words would form in front of her father.

I have met a hunter man… here, in the village. The girl thought of her short time with Rodyn and felt her cheeks warm. They had only just met. She did not expect anything of it, but she had felt the fluttering in her belly all the same. He is called Rodyn. We… have only just met, but I have promised that I will take him to the sea.

Samani frowned thoughtfully, seeking the gaze of the wise woman across from her.

I feel strange, even to think of him. Nervous. What does ugi make you feel?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,143 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
rodyn.

samani spoke carefully. all kukutux could think of for a time of moments was the fact she had given his name to sialuk.

but sialuk was not here. she was upon the mountain. and samani said now she would take the hunter to the sea.

she spoke of the ways that she felt. moonwoman saw that it was already done. her sea child wished the stormcloud man.

"i also had this feeling of nerves. i felt something like sickness in my belly. only it was not sickness. it was a good thing. my heart ran like brother deer when i saw the seal hunter." she smiled gently to remember, looking down and then to samani once more. "does rodyn give you these feelings?"
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
He does.

Samani’s voice was breathless as it left her. She had not anticipated that her mother would be able to voice her feelings with such accuracy. It was a curious thing, finding that Kukutux already knew the emotions that swirled inside of her belly, inside of her heart. Equally as relieving as it was shocking, the young girl should have known that her mother would have answers for her… it was why she sought her, to begin with.

What does it mean? How should I act?

It was clear that the young girl did not want to ruin any chance that might be had with the hunter man. She thought of the moment when his gaze had been caught by the sun and he had offered her a crinkled smile. Her stomach fluttered to life.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,143 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
was this how her own anaa had felt, telling the story of hunters and women to her daughters? kukutux looked into the sea-wave eyes and took a small breath. "you are niviaksiak now. listen to your body. it is saying that you have the want to touch and to be touched."

the duck paused to study samani's face. "do you see how i am with your taataa? it is because he has always made me feel the same." she laughed lightly.

"when you feel these things, listen." she tilted her head one way and lifted an ear. "listen inside of you. often these feelings mean you want to know more. this is achieved with a hunter."

kukutux spoke without shame, and now she stopped to look at her daughter again.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The girl smiled sweetly at the mention of her father. She had been fortunate to grow beneath the watchful eyes of two loving parents. It had shaped her into who she was and had given her a beautiful image of what a family should be like. It had only been in recent months that Samani’s head would be filled with images of her own family and how they might be.

Kukutux was full of knowledge about family and love. There could be no better wolf to teach the young girl how to navigate through such challenging times of growth.

Thank you, mom. You fill me with the light and warmth of the moon. Your words give me peace and make me feel the love that you have.

Then, Samani’s eyes narrowed slightly, and she tilted her head several inches in curiosity.

What do you think of Rodyn? Is he a fitting hunter man for… For me.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,143 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
rodyn.

kukutux felt her face grow pleased with a smile. 

"if i can pass down love to you, then i will do this."

she paused and took a breath. "rodyn is fitting hunter for moongirl with the name of samani. but moonwoman and sun man will ask him to prove that he is ready. this will take some seasons."

her jadestone eyes were firm. "do not choose now, samani. he makes your heart sing. but you will meet others." or so she hoped. maybe they would choose one another after all.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The moon girl listened and nodded her head. She understood, though it did not stop her from fretting over what would be asked of Rodyn. They had not even discussed such a future – the feelings that Samani felt were new and she had not had the time to settle into them. Could they truly spring a task on the hunter man and expect that he would fulfil it? She worried that it would be too high a cost, that he would respectfully decline. A man like Rodyn was sure to have an easy time finding a wife.

What will you and father ask of him?

Samani only wished to know the basics. She wanted to be sure that she had not opened her mouth too soon. Rodyn was a kind man and he had captivated her in a way no one else had. She understood that her mother wanted her to keep her eyes open, to know that there were other options. In the moment, Samani only had eyes for the hunter man.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,143 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
there were many aspects of kukutux she had not given up from the island.

once such was to move with swiftness toward decisions. 

samani would be ultimate choice-maker. 

but she might also be moonwoman.

kukutux did not say these things aloud.

"rodyn and i spoke of him becoming trader to moonglow. it means that he will travel for two seasons. i will ask him to bring things from places that are far. furs. meat. bones. it shows that he has made his path many places. it shows that he is ready to settle as husband and travel no more."

different things were expected of man and of woman. kukutux wished to be sure that samani understood this.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Moonwoman said that they asked him to travel, to work as trader for Moonglow for a short time before he had proven himself. They had asked him to bring back things from faraway. It was a way to work him so that when he returned, he would not need to travel anymore. The moon girl wondered if this was something that the hunter man would accept. It seemed an awfully steep price to pay, she felt.

I understand.

The girl’s voice was respectful. She bowed her head and fixed her jade eyes on the distance in a thoughtful manner. She could not expect what Rodyn might say to the terms set by her parents. Samani did not feel that she could blame him if he were to decline. Something in her grew heavy at the thought, but she forced herself to remain collected and to chase away the fear from her heart.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,143 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
fade?

her greenleaf eyes were soft.

"women must know many things. we are companion and wife to our men. that is why all things must have an order, so that you do not rush to become more before you are ready."

she chuffed and kissed samani's forehead, smiling into the sea-eyes. "i found a bush of red berries. and in the berries, igutchaq have made a nest. the honey too is red! will you come and see?"
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Samani nodded in agreement, her head swimming with the words that her mother had shared.

They journeyed to see the berries. The sea girl had many thoughts in her head. She talked with her mother until she had run out of things to say and then she enjoyed the silence of their time together. The future felt bright to Samani.