Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Limit Two 
Phox was lucky today. He managed to arrive just as the sandbar to the little island was beginning to appear. There was perhaps an inch or two of water on top when he began his three-legged trek to Sweetharbor, though it had drastically reduced by the time he finally set foot on more solid ground.

He had no idea that he was walking into a situation in which much upheaval had happened. The last time he had been here was with Maegi, her silent partner, Aiolos, and the children he had not even known were his. It was here that a group of wolves had lied to his face about the fate of his wife and their children. Phox swallowed and took another step before calling for @Caracal. It wasn't an urgent summons by any means, and he looked back over his shoulder at the mainland, trying to remember how long the land bridge would be there before it sunk back into the salty water.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Oh, Towhee said as they neared the beach overlooking the island and saw Phox standing there, awesome. Look, @Seal, your grandpa’s here too.

They hadn’t found Batman yet. Towhee was pretty worried about him, though she was even more concerned about Caracal’s family. Had Abel come home? Either way, hopefully three visitors would provide a happy distraction for the Sweetharbor wolves.

I take it we’re waiting and not swimming, she remarked as she drew up alongside her brother.

She eyed the sandbar—still mostly underwater—then looked up at Phox with a grin. It was really good to be reunited. Towhee leaned in for a nudge, then glanced over at her young sidekick.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal’s jaw hit the floor when they crested a slope and saw the vast sea stretched out before them without any sign of tree, nor shore, no life upon the horizon. It just went on, and on, and on.

-“It’s- it’s- Oh my gosh, its even grander than you said!”- Seal’s ptero was barely decipherable because of her excited shimmying.

The calm hum of rolling waves and the saline air was almost extraterrestrial, but something in her bones made the girl feel at home.

“Hi GranDa!” she yelled across the roaring waters, one paw struck straight into the air and waving.

They reconvened with Phox and while the adults made small talk Seal trotted around them in circles with her nose stuck to the ground. Little discoveries in the sand made her brown eyes shimmer with glee. A small hermit crab here, a pile of weird-looking kelp there… her excitement for the coast nearly rivaled her excitement to see her cousins!
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
A single ear flicked back at his sister's familiar voice. He felt like he should have heard her coming up, but he'd been so lost in thought... Right behind her came Seal, and Phox's face broke out into a wide grin at her greeting. He wondered if Towhee knew this was where Niamh's trail had led all that time ago. Phox supposed it wasn't particularly relevant now, although a morbid part of him wondered if her remains were somewhere on the island.

-I figured I would run into you sooner or later,- he said, sitting down on the sand so he could properly ptero. Communicating with just three legs had proven difficult at times when he needed to sign as well as speak. -I got to see Fig's kids, and I ran into a few folks I hadn't seen in awhile. How are things?- he asked, not specifying who he meant for her to include. With all their children scattered, he was open to hearing any news about any of them.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Seal looked enamored with the coastline. Towhee watched her trotting around and investigating the local fauna and flora a bit before returning her attention to Phox. He had seated himself, so she did the same. She was happy to sit here and chew the fat a bit while they waited for the tide to recede further.

That’s great. How are they? she asked, wondering if Fig had been as exhausted and out of sorts during Phox’s visit as her own. Tell me to put a sock in it if you already know any of this but Fen and Killer took off with Penn, I guess. Jr went off on some quest and I guess Sable went with her, though I’m not even really sure about that.

Towhee felt such a strange mix of emotions about her two youngest kids. She should’ve been there to know their whereabouts… but if they’d wanted to travel, why hadn’t they come with her? She had always meant to stay close to them and the reality was they were pretty much strangers at this point. That was even weirder when she considered one of them was walking around with not only her name but her face too.

Choosing not to dwell on that, she continued, I don’t know if you have any friends in—shit, what’s it called again? Towhee blinked, then called over to Seal, Seal, could you come here and tell your grandpa what you told me about our sister pack? Tell him how you’re helping look after the babies too, she encouraged, smiling tightly at the girl.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal explored an excited puppy and picked up a long tangle of seaweed. The smell and taste was unlike anything she had experienced before. When she began to trot, the seaweed strand trailed behind her like a ribbon. It spooked the girl, feeling something following at her heels, and she began to run around with the zoomies.

Towhee’s call managed to pull her back into orbit. She abandoned the seaweed and loped back to Phox and Towhee as her tongue bounced from rapid panting.

-"Okay."- She tried to compose herself before explaining what had befallen Moontide, how Moonspear was hosting Rodyn, Rolayne, and Panuk, and how she was filling the role of babysitter.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
-They're exhausted, but I stayed for a bit, and I think that helped them get some rest,- he replied, casting a glance to Seal who he felt he didn't know as well as he should. When was the last time he'd really felt like he knew any of the kids he should? It was probably when Primrose, Alyx, Quetzal were born, and that felt like eons ago. So much time lost. So many lives he wished he could be more a part of. Phox's chest felt tight, but he knew it would pass.

Towhee went on to explain about where Fen, Killer, and Penn had gone. -I guess I knew on some level. It's just so hard to keep up with everyone. Balls, I don't feel like I know most of my grandkids. Or even your kids,- he admitted sheepishly. He knew Caracal lived here, but what else did he know about him? He had a wife and a bunch of kids (along with some adopted), but wasn't there more? What was Caracal, really?

Thankfully, his sister saved him with a question, pulling Seal into the conversation, who quickly filled him in on all that had happened in Moontide and Moonspear. -Damn. Maybe I'll hit up Moontide and see if they can use my help somehow. Just for a little bit, after we're done with our visit here,- he suggested. -I won't have to stay long or anything, but it might be a nice gesture since Moonspear was so nice to me while I was there.-

Sialuk had been a little too nice, in fact.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee knew exactly what Phox meant and gave him a look that communicated her total empathy. There were so many of them spread out everywhere. She did her best to pinball between all of their homes these days but, of course, only a handful of them lived nearby. And although she made a valiant effort, truthfully she knew deep down that she was probably spreading herself too thin.

She remained silent in the background as Seal brought her grandfather up to speed, her orange eyes still hovering on her sibling’s face. The bad news didn’t seem to have a significant impact on him, so Towhee allowed herself a little sigh of relief. It was awful about Samani, of course, but for once, the tragedy didn’t hit as close to home.

I’m sure a gesture of goodwill will be greatly appreciated, Towhee said when Phox mentioned dropping by Moontide. I think I’m going to stop by the vale after this, catch up with Jackie, she shared, then glanced at Seal and smiled as she added, After I deliver this package safely back home, of course. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We have a whole island to explore and a family of ten to meet. Er, as soon as this water gets the hell out of our way…

Nine, she silently corrected herself. Despite all her optimistic remarks for Seal’s benefit, Towhee didn’t really believe for a second that Abel had magically reappeared. And little did she know the number had actually dropped even further in the few short weeks since her previous visit…

Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal’s gaze drifted back and forth between Phox and Towhee as they conversed. Though she didn’t have much else to add, she supported Phox’s idea of visiting Moontide and offered a stout nod in agreement.

Moontide would definitely appreciate the help, Seal knew.

Then, she looked out to the island in the distance. -“How much longer?”- she asked, impatient.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox nodded, thinking it a good idea to swing by the vale. In fact, he had intended to do that after visiting Figment, but he'd completely forgotten and headed straight here instead. Better that Towhee go and see Jack. Maybe she would get a chance to visit Leona's grave while she was there, though Phox didn't mention that for a myriad of reasons. Seal asked for a time estimate, and Phox squinted at the water.

-Won't be for a while, I don't think. If I remember right, the bridge comes around about once during the day and once at night.- Was that right? It felt like it had been so long since he had been here. So long since his world had crumbled, and he'd had to build it back up again. He could only hope revisiting the island wouldn't bring it all tumbling down again.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,972 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Seal was perhaps Towhee’s most well-behaved grandchild, yet even she was still young, which shone through in her impatient question. Towhee grinned fondly at her, catching her eagerness and any subsequent dismay when Phox said it would be quite a while longer before they could cross over and meet everyone.

Towhee glanced at the water and considered swimming for an instant, then internally shook her head. Seal surely didn’t know how to swim against a current. Towhee had so many grandchildren, yet so few that were so well-mannered! There was no way on earth she’d take that risk (with any of them, for the record).

It’s okay, there’s plenty to occupy us while we wait. Show me what all you were looking at a few minutes ago, Towhee coaxed. I know you’re probably too old now but just think of what a hardcore game of I Spy we could play, she added with a laugh before proposing, Or maybe Granda Phox could teach us to hunt crabs or something?

I figured it may make sense to fade this here? :)

Brecheliant
Family
301 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Even the most well-behaved Seal couldn’t help but mumble a groan of disappointment, as predicted by Towhee, when Phox explained the landbridge only two times a day. How inconvenient!

However, she was easily persuaded by her grandmother. Towhee always had a fun game to play.

“Okay!” Seal agreed as she ran off to fetch the weirdly-colored algae to show off.