Ouroboros Spine fires
Loner
283 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
vague but wanted to figure out some stuff with her before her timeline got away from me <3

She sought out moonwoman, moon mother, one of many titles.

@Kukutux was a steadfast figure in this place and all the lives, no matter what title she bore.

Yet Callyope sought her out as mother today. There were many things to speak upon, but some matters must be settled first!

She settled herself near the land between the spine and the forest below where she had discovered her sister again. Her voice rose in a gentle song, willing to extend as much patience as needed in these busy times.

To busy herself, she began to tidy the dark fur she had brought with her.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,225 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
<333!!!

sedna filled their blessings to overflow.

as kukutux prepared herself for the second night of death songs, it was a call from a daughter she had not seen in some time which arched over the spine and spun her heart to gold.

there were no words, not at first; mother opened arms to daughter and held their beating hearts together while new tears poured down the grieving face.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Loner
283 Posts
Ooc — siv
Open arms that she walked into freely. Her own tears began to well and in closing them they overflowed.

Just as she had with Ariadne, she had not realized how intensely she missed the village. Missed her mother. The world had been kind to her in her absence but there were still many things she needed from those who had been around her.

I have many things for your ears — but I have missed you is the first.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,225 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"speak to me," kukutux murmured, looking at the dark fur and reaching to enjoy its pile with a careful, knowing paw.

much had gone on since callyope was away. now two of these youngest brothers had gone into the world, and the third was in moonspear.

but the family only grew.

her eyes were soft with love as she waited to hear these things.
Loner
283 Posts
Ooc — siv
Ariadne was in her mind, her heart, her soul. Heavy as a stone and yet she did not mean to spill all to their mother.

First she would tend to herself and then she would begin to tend to her sister, as promised.

I mean to settle. Her eyes were warm and she watched her mother with the fur. A proof of things passed between them, the importance of her mother's presence.

I spent time among different villages far from here. I tended to furs and sung them songs. I watched their hunters bring down many cold land creatures.

I mean now to be in a moon village, to be guided by you in preparation for the next parts of life.

Her eyes shone soft as she looked upon the pale face before her.

No longer was she a girl of anger and grief. Whatever had ached in her had been buried in ice and snow, left to freeze forever.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,225 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
in grief, she thought.

in ambition, she pondered.

in determination, she moved.

callyope had gone far, had returned. she held the same steady measure in her eye that sialuk had worn upon making her path back to moonspear. and it was an expression that ariadne had not been granted even after her own travels, though she placed this blame elsewhere.

"moonsong is the birthright of moon daughters," she decided, thinking of how the cold mountain stood alone now after a brief warmth. "if you mean to build your own village, perhaps you need a husband to do this. or a sister. or both," kukutux murmured, a slow plan taking hold in her mind. 

ariadne needed the steadiness now attendant in callyope's face. and perhaps only one husband would be necessary in the end, a man obedient to the will of siqniq women.
Loner
283 Posts
Ooc — siv
Guidance in marriage was to be expected.

She was faced with a shining grandness from her mother's words, though. Reminded again why she needed her, why she needed any of her family.

I have seen Ariadne. I have promised help to her heart — to restore peace and happiness.

She could picture no other sister in these moments. The fawn face she pictured deserved a place of harmony. One where she was not tired, one where she could look and see love. Whether in the face of a husband or a family.

Tell me the things in your mind and heart, She was prepared now, to be put into motion and walk forward with hope.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,225 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she should not scheme so close to the dancing lights! callyope's eyes said she was a woman who now understood some sensations in mother's heart. or perhaps only saw the woman now in her mother.

"your sister is here now and i believe she is happy to be in our village once more. but she has ruled a mountain herself. she has been chieftain. her heart will call for it one day as her children grow."

a soft pause glided, until,

"the cold mountain belongs to nuiruk. but there are other places that call for a village, daughter. i see in your eyes, too, this want to build, and i smile to see it. ariadne will need you, and perhaps she may leave moonglow with you, callyope, to try once more in a sunshine way."

a pause, cool. "i do not know if kigipigak will remain here. i do not know what is in the heart of ariadne. but if she divides from her husband, many men will desire her." kukutux waved a paw. "but i do not want this. i wish to choose her next path."

she explained briefly that one day stratos had come home to tell her of two bird-girl sisters in brecheliant with interest in marrying him as one. while kukutux did not mention that one of these very same young women had gone on to marry callyope's hearth-brother, kivaluk, she alluded gently to the fact that this practice was done among other villages, other tribes.
Loner
283 Posts
Ooc — siv
She wanted to go to Ariadne at once, to sit in a women's circle and speak their hearts. Their needs, wants, visions. She wished to usher back joy and peace into a weary sister's life.

If that was with or without husband changed nothing to Callyope — happiness would return one way or another.

What she had not anticipated was the tale of sisters! Ones who had thought to marry her brother together! It was a smile that worked its way across her pale features. She was uncertain if such a thing might come upon the Nuiruk sisters, but the idea was not so distasteful to the returned young woman.

Her priority was peace and safety.

It will be good to be guided by you. She meant to pull near her mother now, a half-hug so that she might keep speaking but maintain the nearness. My want is to be the woman of a village first. If that means as support to my sister as chieftain than let it be. If that means as wife and anna let that be too!

Something tentatively darker warmed within her good nature gaze.

Promise me any husband of mine will pay his bride price. Whether he is of a moon village or a land far beyond.

It was not meant as a slight, but as some form of true concern.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,225 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"will you be one of moonglow? or will you seek sialuk's village, or moontide first?" moonmother asked, considering all the places callyope might lay her head if she did not wish to build at once.

"ariadne will welcome your wisdom. you and she and stratos, you have all come home in the same time. sedna means for this to be so," kukutux murmured with resoluteness. "and yes. any husband will pay this price. i will send him to the hot-sand if you want this, daughter, to show that he means to come back."
Loner
283 Posts
Ooc — siv
The options were endless!

All is not an answer is it! Her voice was warm and comfortable. She knew that when she grew tired her head must lay somewhere. Yet still she wanted to walk among the lands from salt to ice.

A woman of the village did not often walk so far for so long, did she?

She knew that she was meant to be near here, though. Near the home of her sister — and her brother! Had he taken a wife? Did he carve himself the role of a hunter?

Would he want to make the mark as a hunter upon a village?

Send him far. Tell him to bring me things from the hot lands that I have not seen to be brought in use of an ulaq. In that way I will know he can survive it and that he may provide no matter where we walk.

Her face flushed! She knew her mother may ask for more, may have specific things she sought. Yet Callyope showed her heart here in these wantings.

She did not mind a traveler, as long as they knew an ulaq as home.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,225 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"aya! i will send him to the hot sea for you then, daughter," kukutux declared, pleased and adored in the face of her daughter's great trust.

rodyn had gone far, far for samani. and all saw even now how his heart remained captured by her.

"all is an answer. ask for the moon, my daughter. a man who is worthy will give it."

she kissed the gentle cheek; she laughed and then sighed, stretching her back for a moment accompanied by low grunt;

"will you stay here tonight? or will you sleep under the stars, callyope?"
Loner
283 Posts
Ooc — siv
fade? <3

How good it was to be home, to share the words of her mother and feel seen in every way!

I will stay here tonight, if you have the space.

Her features crinkled with warmth and delight. So greatly pleased to know that Moonglow was busied with bodies it seemed. They did not hurt for her help or her presence, but it was a blessing to be able to give it all the same.

"inuktitut" || "common"