Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
Private 
kukutux met @Rodyn beside the lake when they had returned from their words with sacrarium.

"i have spoken with sun man. i know what we will ask as bride-price for samani."

"eight white ermine pelts. they are only hunted in snow. three stag skins. four otter pelts. hunt brother otter when the leaves turn orange and fall to the ground."

"a shell from the sea. and dried caribou meat. each of these things say that you have made a long journey to find them. and when winter hunting comes, sun man wishes to wrestle with you. he wishes to know your strength, for it is important that samani's father see that that the man she might marry will also have such strength."

moonwoman was pleased. "if you accept this price, then give time to samani. do not say your intentions, unless tupilaq are near, and sour your hunts. keep it to your heart until you have these things. when moonglow goes to natigvik in first snow, when we meet you there at the river, you may tell her then. or you may wait until our village comes back and say your words. but you must say them loudly, and before everyone."

her heart beat. she looked steadily at rodyn. was he ready to become one of them?
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Moonwoman had called him again and he met her by the lake. His heart tightened and beat faster at her words. They had decided on what a bride price. Samani was priceless, but he understood.

He listened intently asking a question of the ermine. The white ermine from the high mountains with short tails or the ones who hide their true colors in winter?

He was fairly certain she meant the ones who hid. But he wanted to be sure.

He didn't know how well he'd fare against her father. He was not a wrestler, but he'd give his best effort. The dried caribou.

Do i seek out a trade for the caribou or would i have time to dry it after the hunt. I am new to hunting caribou.

He hoped that she didnt feel less of him asking questions. He wanted to get it perfect for Samani.

I accept this price, moonwoman.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
it was a good question.

"the ones who hide their true colors in winter."

her eyes were filled with something that was made of many emotions. he was one of their village. and now he must earn what he desired.

"i will ask sedna to send meat to your teeth."

the caribou. "in winter hunting, the caribou come to the taiga, many and many of them. we will hunt for a moon and kill much of them. when we went to village duskfire, we made four camps outside in the snow. bring the killed ones there. samani and i and the others will take pelts from them. you take the flesh and lay it out. make two shares, one enough for the ulaq of her father. and one for the ulaq you mean to share with her."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
To do all this and then perhaps have Samani choose another. It was frightening to the russet boy. However, he was not about to let it slip through his paws either.

He nodded determined. He would do this. And he would do it to the best of his abilities.

Thank you, moonwoman.

He did some brief figuring in his head. Two hocks and the chest would probably be more than enough for them and her family.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux watched him think. how alike all men were!

"go now, to samani. give her some days. tell her i have sent you to trade and you will be gone until winter hunting. leave before the end of this season. you must know where these creatures make their beds before you hunt them."

but her eyes danced.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn ghosted forward to nudge Moonwoman kindly. Then with many thoughts in his head he turned and departed.

He would begin to stalk in the morning.