Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Rodyn arrived upon the door of Moonglow adorned with goat fur and a haunch of leg. He came with fathers hesrt and the grace of hunter and he stopped there at the borders. Eyes alight still with an ardor of grief and yet clearer than they had been.

His loss still weighed him down, and he miased his peachy queen more than he could ever say. But hia children grew each day and each day he thanked Sedna for them. And today he sought an answer to a problem. A mother's knowledg that he couldn't boast.

Either @Shikoba or @Kukutux would hear his call for aid. It was an aid of knowledge both of how to help find a bride proce and howcto help his sons, more so his first born son who grew chaotic with his grief.

this is for whomever wants it <3
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
for now, her anger had dulled, tempered by the rationale of the star hunter. 

kukutux had already known that nothing could be said to so young and headstrong a woman, especially when she had the influence now of the man she had chosen.

there was only time which would expose all things.

"my law-son comes," kukutux murmured in greeting to her sea-girl's husband. it was a woman's advice he wanted, not only for his sons but for him. she knew he was lonely. could he love another so soon or did he only wish to be married?

rodyn would tell her these things, and moonmother would help him to carry the furs and meat to her ulaq.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
It was a subdied greeting, but not lacking in warmth. Ears twisted on his head and he frowned.

Are you okay, mother in law?

He allowed her to carry the goat skin. He would carry the awkward haunch. He followed behind her and lay the gifts at her door.

A small amile to her.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a laugh; "aya, rodyn, when your sons become men they will choose to do things that you will not enjoy."

but that was all. she would not speak of this.

"you have come to ask about another bride-price," she murmured, lifting her eyes as if to see how the grief had hollowed him and the healing was slow. "are you ready, rodyn?" she clicked her tongue. "panuk and rolayne have been in moonspear and moontide. but they have not been to moonglow. bring them. i will keep them for a time. you have had no rest since she went to the dancing lights."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A bashful smile, he knew it would be true. He would dislike some of their decisions and choices.

He blink3d. The eay she saw right through him always amazed him truly, deeply. He grinned then.

Yes, but not for me. For Heph. I promised her i would help her decide one for any suitor she chooses. She has embraced the moon teachings, but I am unsure how to come up with one. Since she has no family to decide. I have offered to step as brother.

He frowned. Rolayne has proven difficult and chaotic right now in his sadness and stress of being away from the spear. I fear if i move him agsin so soon it will be damaging. Montide needs me, but so do thr boys it is a hard road to lead.

A soft sniffle. I cannot sleep well. his truth.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux placed dried sticks of venison before rodyn, pleased to serve the good man who had loved her daughter so strongly.

for heph.

why had they not considered one another? enough time had passed that surely they might have seen if this was fit for them.

it was in this assumption that she said nothing. rodyn thought of his other village head as kin, as sister. "ask heph what she desires. is it proof? send the man away to find something that can only be found in one season. it is not only skill a man proves, but his heart. his devotion."

her ears flicked to hear of rolayne. "bring him all the same, rodyn," she murmured. "i am his grandmother. i am his blood. even if he is angry, he will hear me."

to the dutiful father; "i will send with you a tea. drink it when the sun rises and when it lies down for the night. it will bring your body relaxation. your thoughts will follow."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled at the snack from Kukutux. And enjoyed it. He wondered briefly had he helped to make it. Was it one of them he had helped to fell. He hoped so. That thr hunting he jad done for moonglow had lasted them. That he helped keep them fed.

Heph had seemed happy to meet Phox and Phox seemed determined for her. He would not get in the way. And she was hia friend. Would they fit well yes. But he didn't see that. Still too deep in hia own grief and happiness for his friend.

He listened well. He knew that it ahowed these things but he wondered how to determine. Phox would be a different case for Heph was strong in hunting jerself. It would be in other ways he must support her.

I will bring him soon. b3fore it grew too cold.

He nodded. Thank you.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"you too, may stay in moonglow for a time, rodyn. i know you cannot be away from moontide a long while. perhaps one night or two."

kukutux wished for him to see a continual peace. their hearts ached for the sea walking girl. he had not allowed it to crumple him, a sign of strength he had always showed.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A soft sigh. I think i would like that. he thought of hia former den. Jow cozy it had been. Rolayne and Panuk would probably like it. And he could show them some of their mothers favorite places while they got to know Sun man and Moonwomam and Shikoba.

Suddenly he remembered Ariadne and he frowned debating. He spoke halting at first unsure. But gathered steam as he continued.

Moonwoman. Your daughter Ariadne. Ahe and I had an interesting conversation and i felt mmm. A little upset with it.

He had to think. I offered to show her and introduce my allies to her or packs that I knew, that i had traded with. And I will show her, introduce her. But as she spoke, she made me feel as if she only wanted to use my ties to make allies. That i am nothing more than tool for her to better herself. I did not speak with her of this. Fearful i had been too grief stricken and read too deeply into what she said than i should have. But i felt used. Did i read too deeply into it?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
pleased that rodyn would stay even for a time, moonwoman's ears cupped in curiosity toward the sea hunter as he spoke.

when he was finished, she nodded in soft understanding. "ariadne is very young and very eager. she is capable but she does not yet understand that moonsong too must give to those who offer help."

sea-dancing-girl had been slightly older, and sialuk had been a full woman before either of them had their villages. "ask her for hunting or trade. the snow-place has things the sea does not. and it is all right to ask for these things. we are all moonvillages."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,267 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had enjoyed his time in Moonglow. Were he not responsible for other lives, with his loss, he may have returned. But he would keep Moontide for his peachy queen. Because it was something she had wanted so fiercely.

He close his eyes in thought. perhaps we will ask her for some of the ice fish, and the white ermine. Their pelts are thicker and will make better furs for Rolayne and Panuk.

He thouht of seal, but that was not something he would ask for, he would offer assistance in, but not ask someone to fight and hunt something so dangerous without his own pelt and life on the line to. That was an unfairness.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,144 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
with approval she nodded her head. ariadne would learn what it was to be so very connected by blood and packland.

for now, she would invite rodyn to rest before his return, and ask for more stories of the boys panuk and rolayne, through which she would remember their mother.