Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
Private 
@Ajei grew.

in the sunshine land, she would be near a woman. here she was a child whom kukutux wished to remain as one.

and yet the future called with beckoning voice.

she considered her sons.

soft-snow blew through the paths of moonglow as she went to find the girl.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei wouldn't be hard to find. The brown wrap she had made for herself across her fire shoulders. She rather liked the more muted color. Frankly sometimes a girl didn't want to stick out. 

She was busy near the river watching with practiced eye the fish swimming to and fro. She hadn't caught any, today she was observing. Though she did have at her paws a small weasel to which she was removing its hide from.

She thought perhaps Sialuk's daughter may want it for her little ahoulders or one of Vaires. She hadn't met them yet, but she knew them to exist. Or perhaps she would save it for Chickadees nuptials.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"daughter of shikoba," moonmother greeted when she had discovered ajei in her soft understated wrap.

but her eyes saw its skill.

she settled close, noting how ajei watched the waters while skinning, and her own eyes found the lake as well. "you have almost a year," kukutux observed softly. "what is it you have the wish to do once this time comes?"
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei lifted gentle face. A smile splashed in fire kissed cheeks. 

Hello Moonwoman! It is lovely to see your face.

She paused her ministrations to give the leader her attention and respect. Though her question confused her slightly.

Do you meam what trades? I suppose fisher and i think i would like to be a mediator. I like to help others and that seems where I am best suited.

She tilted an ear forward. I like to listen to everyones stories and hold them close here. she pressed white paw to red chest.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a polite child!

she listened.

kukutux had not meant trades, but she felt the ones ajei chose were quite suited.

and the keeping of stories; this brought a smile to her face. "we will need these parts, always. to speak in peace. to hunt from brother river. and to keep the history of the moon villages."

a thought came to her.

"your mother is star woman. will you follow her?"
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Shikoba had made aure her daughter was mannerly and kind. And Ajei was a pleaser as it were anyway. Obedient and sweet natured or she tried at least.

Ajei smiled. She liked the thought of all those things though the history of moon villages.

a small delicate laugh. There are many moon villages now. Their history will be extensive and beautiful to be sure.

Oh no. Ajei's ears went to her head and ahe looked away. Oh goodness. I. Moonwoman. I am not a good hunter like my mama. I try, but it doesn't come easy to me. I wish nothing more than to be like her. I have the very best mama in all aspects of her life, but I am not even close. How can you touch the moon, if you barely see the stars?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
ajei loved her mother but she did not feel that her aspirations could reach so high. kuktuux disagreed with this, albeit softly. 

"you are more than you think. daughter of shikoba, the stars are already in your veins. the moon waits for you to look up."

she and shikoba would not be here forever. moonglow must be assured after this time, and she felt the only way for it to be done was to establish a headwoman, as she had made vaire moon once she was gone.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei had wished once to be as like her mother as she could. To be as wonderful, but she couldn't do it. And thus she had decided that it would be enough to make her mother proud of the wolfeas she was. And she felt she succeeded most of the time.

A soft smile, gentle and kind. Thank you moinwoman.

A deep breath. I can hunt, but I prefer to fish. But I have traveled and learned. Not as much as most, but I do try. The world makes me nervous.

A small laugh. It is silly, but I would be content to be in Moonglow and just take care of those within it's walls in whatever way I could. So many my age want to be adventurers and see great things and do great things. My wants are simple.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
ajei wished to remain in moonglow, a fisherwolf who followed in the ways of her mother.

kuktuux allowed the wind to carry the words of the growing girl.

"you are young. often we seek will seek wives or husbands at the end of our first year. but you, ajei, know many from several villages. tell me; is this also something you see in the future you seek?"
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei felt as if she had not answered right when moonwoman chose not to speak. Or perhaps she just had nothing to say. Ajei knew that many wanted more. She however did not. It was silly really to get upset over words unsaid.

Ahe blinked surprised and spoke softly. I would like that yes, but i haven't sought any. I have decided to let you and mother give me options. I have traveled yes, but many that I have spoken of are older than I.

She had seen too many break with those they had chosen. She feared she herself would choose wrong and truth be told. Ajei hadn't looked. Her mind went to boys she knew now even women. But she imagined she liked males, but she could make a good sister wife she thought perhaps, she knew that was the way sometimes.

She thought of Arrluk, Massaraq, Kassuq, Raiyuk, and others some older some younger. She had met quite a few. But had never looked at them in winsome colors of rose. They would all make good husbands. Though ahe knew there was no denying she was closest to Arrluk and Massaraq. Though thr latter hadn't returned..
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
ajei would leave this to shikoba and kukutux, which brought a small look of affection to the duck's face. "in your voice i do not hear excitement for any one name," moonmother observed. "if it is meant to happen, you will know. when the sun returns, all life changes."

secretly, kukutux wondered if the time would return for her as well.

and yet something within her mind said it would not, and that she must accept this as all things.
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ajei had not fully awakened into her womanhood. Perhaps she was behind in that regard as well. She wasn't certain. But she could concede this to the two women she respected and cared. They would take her gwntle heart into consideration.

Ajei smiled. I am excited to see spring as girl not yet woman.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"there is still much for you to learn."

there was a smile and a consideration that while she sent her sons away, moonglow did not yet have a ritual for young women.

she would speak with @Shikoba of this when she returned.

"now. i am going to hunt outside the village. i am looking for ermine fur. will you come with me?"
Moonspear
Villager
462 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ahei knew this. Even her mother still learned. So in the learning she imagined was a lifelong journey.

I will join you, moonwoman.

She stepped into side beside the leader of the pack a small smile on her face.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,122 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
together they set off, kukutux speaking of soft things as ajei politely gave her rejoinders.

through this she gleaned a sense of the young woman who the child had become.