Sun Mote Copse and the riverbank talks of the waters of march
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
There was joy in this new life. Though he had a fair amount of guilt in leaving Brecheliant without notice, he knew that his heart truly rested with the wolves in two places—Moonspear and Sun Mote Copse. To have them so close together was a blessing.

Killdeer let out a joyous howl at the border for @Meerkat, asking her to summon Towhee, if she was around again. @Fennec was also invited, if she could make it. He relished a nice long chat with his mother and grandmother—and if Meerkat was amenable, he'd like to meet the latest crop of nieces and nephews as well.

While waiting, he stared into the copse, marveling at the richness of it. Their ranks weren't as large as he would have thought, though. His relatives would have the full story, he was sure.
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
376 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Though the summons wasn’t for her, overjoyment rocked Seal like a big wave when she heard a familiar voice!

“Hi Killdeer!” Seal cheered enthusiastically when she spied her cousin, who was more like an uncle to the young wolf.

“Its so good tae see you!” Seal was happy to make smalltalk until her mom and grandmother arrived.
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Hey, you! Killdeer greeted Seal, with a grin and furious wagging of his tail. She had continued to grow since he'd last seen her—or perhaps that was an illusion. They were both adults now, either way, and he beamed at the young woman.

You, too, Seal, he said fervently, smiling. How're you doing? How's your mom and dad and siblings?

He resisted the urge to stare past her, looking for Towhee and Fennec. They'd come in time; he was sure of it. For now, he was happy to reconnect with his cousin.
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
376 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
“Everyone’s bonnie,” Seal explained in a merry, sing-song tone. “After staying with you and everyone at Brecheliant I went home tae Moonspear… but then I decided to move here and with my family.”

She went on to explain. “Skip and Otter are getting big! S’been quite peaceful here… but my Mom and Da are thinking of taking a trip soon tae show them the wilds.”

She paused to catch her breath. “How’re things at Brecheliant?” she asked, unaware that Killdeer had moved and that Teya had departed.
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Ah, how the turn tables. . .

Well, things had changed. He smiled along with her updates, but shook his head when it was his turn to speak again. I've actually moved. . .to Moonspear, Killdeer said with a grin. I've got kids there.

He went back to a prior point, though, as the thought of it took him slightly aback. Meerkat and Njord are thinking of traveling? Who would that leave here?

Nothing against his grandma—ever—but wasn't Towhee a little too old to hold down the fort on her own?
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,122 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee couldn’t explain her instinct any more than she could make sense of her second heat, though by the turn of the second week, she just knew it hadn’t taken. And, honestly, that was for the best. She was a little sad, though mostly she was relieved. There was a sense of finality to it too. Her fertile days were behind her. She still had plenty of young to mother… and grandmother… and great grandmother…

She stood near the western edge of the copse, staring off into the distance with glazed eyes. But something prompted her to turn her head, which was when Towhee saw two familiar figures in the distance. She blinked, a smile breaking out on her face as she set aside her musings and loped forth to insert herself in her grandchildren’s conversation.

Towhee literally stepped in between them, giving each a furtive look as she whispered loudly, This looks conspiratorial. What’re we conspiring about?
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
376 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Rainbows, stars, and hearts shone in Seal’s big eyes when Killdeer announced his motives for his move to Moonspear.

Kids!!! Thought Seal. Did that mean… he was the sire of Sialuk’s litter?

Wedding bells chimed in the young woman’s ears.

Ah – but Seal was getting ahead of herself.

She cleared her thought. “Ah - it’ll just be me, Otter, TJ, an’ Grandma Towhee…” she admitted. A small clan.

Just as she spoke the name, her grand-dam appeared.

Seal had to cup one paw over her mouth from blurting out Killdeer’s good news.
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Finally, Towhee nosed her way into the conversation, joking about it as she did so. He almost shot a serves you right for missing the action quip toward her way, but he was much too happy to see his Grandma to do so. He pressed against her instead, rubbing his muzzle affectionately across her cheek.

Once he was within signing distance, he said—with a glint of his eye toward his cousin—-I was just telling Seal about my children in Moonspear.-

That's right, Oh-ee—you're officially a great-grandma. Though perhaps she already was, thought Killdeer—maybe his accomplishment wasn't as noteworthy as he imagined.

Still. With a shrug, he added, as if he'd said nothing of consequence whatsoever, -How are you, Grandma?-
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
5,122 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was all a joke, of course, but Seal covered her mouth in a way that made Towhee squint. Had she actually walked in on some secretive exchange? Her narrowed eyes flicked to Killdeer’s face, then dropped slightly to catch his signing. They proceeded to widen more with each word.

YOUR HWHAT?! Towhee yelled just like the deaf grandmother she was. Are you fucking with me? You have kids? Like, plural kids? What the fuck, ladykiller! she shouted, beaming as she reached out to playfully shake him by the shoulders. It’s great grandma now, you hor— Towhee cut herself off and shot Seal a glance before amending nonsensically, corndog… uh, tell me everything!
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Esquire*
376 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Seal’s giggles burst from her when she heard Towhee’s jubliant response.

It’s been a while, Seal thought, since I saw Grandma so happy.

The loss of uncle Caracal, the Sealion attack, Swordfish’s faraway presece, and Mom and Da’s impending departure… it felt nice to hear good news, for a change.

“Yes, tell us more!” Seal chanted.
Moonspear
NPC
482 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Towhee's reaction was the cherry on top of all of it.

He remained grinning throughout, enjoying as Seal jumped in again, urging him on. -Plural kids,- he promised, -GREAT-grandma. They're delightful—you have to come and visit soon!-

Killdeer continued to rib her for a few moments, then added, -I hear you're about to rule the roost, here. Wanna tell me where Meerkat and Njord are going?-

The trio continued to chat, joke, and play; he very much enjoyed this dynamic.

last from me!