Hideaway Strath Vapnatak.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Towhee mentioned something that would stick in Wraen's mind even after she returned home that afternoon. I don't really know, what sound is. Another concept that was difficult to picture correctly, because she had no previous experience to compare it with. 

"I did?" her face lit up at the sign of first success, but soon she furrowed her brow and racked her brain to remember, which part of that random flailing was, in fact, -hello!-. "Hmmm... okay, here goes nothing," she tried to mimic, what Towhee had shown her and had a 50% success rate at that. -I am troll (?)- She looked expectantly at her teacher to see, how her first conscious signing had gone.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wraen mimicked her and Towhee had to bite back the bray of laughter that wanted to emerge. She only barely suppressed a grin too, instead pressing her lips together into a gentle smile and nodding. Eyes bright, she said simply, -"Perfect."-

Unbeknownst to Towhee, @Phox's voice rose up from elsewhere in the grove, asking her to meet him whenever possible. Meanwhile, she shifted her weight and told Wraen, -"And this is how you say goodbye."- The funny part, of course, was that "hello" and "goodbye" were entirely identical. Smiling wryly, she added, -"Signing depends a lot on context sometimes."-
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen knew that her lesson in signing had come to a quick end, when someone important called the other important person in the pack. That was an inquiry you could not postpone until later. -"Hi!"- she repeated the sign, happy that this was something really simple and that she was not going to forget about it until next time. 

"I see that duty calls," she told referring to the earlier howl. "I would be very interested in learning more about signing. In return I can tell you some stories of mine. If you are interested. I would like to keep the trade fair," she got to her feet and was ready to go.

You can fade out in your next post. But I would love another signing lesson. This was so much fun already. :D
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towee's lips parted when Wraen mentioned duty calling. The word, "What?" was on the tip of her tongue when she realized: someone must have called for her. Wondering who and why, she didn't bother pressing her guest for details. She would find out for herself soon.

-"Sounds good,"- the Kilonova replied with a cheeky smile, wondering if Wraen would detect the joke. -"See you around, Wraen."- She waited until the she-wolf turned and loped out of view before she pivoted herself and headed toward the rendezvous site, all sorts of curious about this mysterious summons.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)