Visual Bugs
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,600 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Plopping this here since I think it belongs here more than Maintenance.

(July 19, 2017, 09:15 AM)Wildfire Wrote: Melee added a list padding feature a while back that caused some of the line breaks to expand and created a bunch of extra white space. This is an extremely minor nitpick but Remedy asked me to post this here, so...

[Image: l9RqYcA.png]
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Would it be possible to fix some of these small visual inconsistencies in light mode when you guys have the time? (I personally like having Wolf in light mode all the time vs auto, haha, hence this annoying request x_x!)

Examples:
Normal posting view vs With light mode on
and
Normal post separators vs With light mode on

Also, super minor, but it looks like that subtle grunge texture that was used for the background (http://wolf-rpg.com/images/2.0/subtle_grunge.png), doesn't seem to work in either auto mode, light mode, nor dark mode. Unless it was replaced with just the solid grey colour!
EDIT; huh, so it works on my computer at work (on Windows/Chrome), but not at home (on Mac/Safari), so maybe it's just as a Mac/Safari problem!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Super minor Bug I keep seeing. I am using the white theme still but with code blocks the code isn't very visible. :)

[Image: HKiC5rF.png]
127 Posts
Ooc — Flyleaf
Away
Multiple lines of faded text are invisible, at least on mobile, and I can’t tell if it’s intentional? First found it when trying to edit the pack history:

[Image: LehmH0L.jpg]

“Additional Information” is how it should look; note the additional text on the last line. Here’s the exact code I used in all three sections:

Code:
[row][col=5][url=https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=42075][fade start=#ffd700 end=#000]Saints of the Dying Light[/fade][/url][/col][col=7][small]2020/07/03 [i]pledged[/i][/small][/col][/row]
[row][col=5][url=https://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=42075]Saints of the Broken Code[/url][/col][col=7][small]2020/07/03 [i]pledged[/i][/small][/col][/row]
[fade start=#ffd700 end=#000]Saints of the Broken Fade, outside the column code, on a new line[/fade]

Long blocks elsewhere on the profile are glitched too, though, and weirdly it’s a little over the first line:

[Image: PVQzg50.jpg]

Selection is to show that text is actually hidden, not just blank space.

Browsing from Safari 13.0.5 on iPadOS 13.3.1. Issue persists at different widths: example 1, example 2. However, on my laptop with Firefox 78.0.1 (64-bit), it looks fine. Checking the CSS I wonder if the transparency and/or background clip has something to do with it?

I’m wondering if the fade is somehow applying a negative margin? The text in “Appearance” is copied from the Lorem Ipsum generator, and I think the part that looks like “< a” on the second line is from “when an unknown printer took a galley of type”. Ran into a similar text cutoff when messing with the Pack History box, but I forgot exactly how I got there.

Unrelated to this, I just tried multi-deleting PMs, same browser & device, and it worked fine \o/ I’m also seeing an option to give kudos, but not nudge.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,200 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
(August 28, 2020, 08:16 AM)Thade Wrote: The code for color fades seems to cut off longer words/phrases while on mobile view. Good example on Stigmata's profile: this is how it should look (as it does on the full site) and this is what it looks like in mobile view. I've noticed that this happens in custom user titles, as well.

@Thade This is an iOS bug, so there's not much I can do about it, unfortunately. :(
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
62 Posts
Ooc —
(August 28, 2020, 08:45 AM)Sialuk Wrote:
(August 28, 2020, 08:16 AM)Thade Wrote: The code for color fades seems to cut off longer words/phrases while on mobile view. Good example on Stigmata's profile: this is how it should look (as it does on the full site) and this is what it looks like in mobile view. I've noticed that this happens in custom user titles, as well.

@Thade This is an iOS bug, so there's not much I can do about it, unfortunately. :(

BOOOOOOOO!!!!

[Image: tenor.gif]

Thanks for letting me know, Autumn <3
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
Dark mode seems to be a little wonky on Firefox. The table header colors are not appearing, at least for me.

Firefox:

[Image: SDuxE6A.png]

vs. Edge:

[Image: GNrcqEj.png]
but see, amid the mimic rout,
a crawling shape intrude —
a blood-red thing that writhes from out
the scenic solitude
forget about truth and consequence
249 Posts
Ooc — markab
Rogue
Away
when editing a post in dark mode using the source option, the editor looks like this:

[Image: unknown.png]

which is quite difficult to read so i was wondering if it might be a bug. thanks in advance!