Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
Private 
"@Shikoba," kukutux murmured softly to the star hunter.

she stood beneath the grandmother oaks that evening, watching across the land toward anik lake.

"rodyn has gone to build a village with samani." her voice held a mother's sorrow and a mother's joy. "moonglow needs a new sivullik."

kivaluk held the role of second-hunter. he was young but capable. kukutux waited for shikoba to decide if he was ready to be elevated.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
she listened quietly, as she always did when kukutux spoke to her. head tilting a bit in thought as she ponders the decision to be made. moonglow grew smaller but breathed life into moontide. and perhaps it was better this way -- there would be another extension of the village and its internal peace, as well as more room for the young from all of the expecting mothers for the year.

"kivaluk is second," she comes to say to the duck softly, "he is young. but shows discipline." would it be foolish to give such a role to him so early? shikoba could suggest her husband, but perhaps he was not fit for such a title quite yet. and mojag continued to show interest in other fields besides following the trail left behind by his mother.

"Perhaps sunman and I should train him more," she comes to suggest, "so that he knows the importance of his role if he is to become sivullik." she would come to suggest other names if asked, but shikoba would remain in this decision first. the boy wrestled with her and showed promise -- all he needed was a coach to help elevate him to the next level.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded at this wisdom. "how many more seasons before he is ready?" both shikoba and rodyn had been grown hunters when they came to the role.

kivaluk was still a boy, though this would move him fiercely toward man.

the moonwoman hummed beneath her breath.

"this will be a great honor for him. kigipigak and sakhmet are each of importance to moonglow." she did not know what the young hunter made of herself and his mother.

but he would hold the village's respect.

greenstone eyes moved upon shikoba. "how are you, my sister?" she asked at last, tones lightening.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
"perhaps another or so. with guidance, he may come to it quicker."

it was a lot to entrust in a young boy. though kivaluk seemingly showed time and time again that he was ready for such commitment. his parents are mentioned, and shikoba thinks of them both for a moment. sahkmet has found her peace. yet the winterhawk roamed, restless with his family.

"kigipigak has been away," she comes to say softly, "i hope he is okay." she could say more, but perhaps that is what not is needed in this moment. "he will learn of the honor his son brings to Moonglow, and to the wolves of Tartok."

one day, at least.

she is questioned about her own days, and to this the native offers a warm smile to moon woman. "all better," she comes to say, "and pregnant." it was another form of their mend, after all. "i have hopes for a girl this spring. strong and kind as yours have come to be." 
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the winterhawk.

"kigipigak will be welcomed to the village if he comes again." but things had changed. he must understand or he must not stay.

she still did not understand why he had gone. "his son honors us with his hard working spirit."

two seasons for kivaluk to become sivullik. she nodded, thinking on this. shikoba must lead the hunts then, until!

"aya!" her eyes were alight! "i hope this for you also, my sister.  a sister to mojag." her small worn teeth glowed in a grin. "tell me, are you ill? i am more, this time. i have a plant that may bring relief to you."
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
she did not know to the full extent of the change within sahkmet, but shikoba was not one to judge metamorphosis in a marriage. there were many factors that played into such a decision; with the new outlook in her own relationships, she knows better than to cast out her judgment unto others.

"in waves," she comes to say, "what is the plant you speak of?" shikoba knows that it was the way of motherhood to feel sick during pregnancy, but she noticed that it felt less so than her first. yet she must wonder if this is because only mojag survived. his siblings walked as spirits to guide him, after all. the native hopes he will have more this spring. "i felt fear when mojag was born alone," she comes to admit to her sister, "but this pregnancy does not scare me as it once did."

a look down to her feet for a moment. "i feel as if... they will all breathe when the time comes." a wish from a pained mother, at least.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux rose and motioned for shikoba to follow. 

her nose reached to nudge the star-hunter's shoulder. "i want to be with you," she said quietly, a circle of women within moonglow.

they would accompany shikoba when her children came into this world.

the plant had been folded into three oakleaves within her ulaq. "it is called tilaakik," the duck explained. "eat a piece in the morning with water and fat. i sometimes do not feel sick for a long while after i take this."
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
she would come to follow the matriarch as she has done so in the past many times. and when she speaks of wanting to be present, it brings a sense of relief to shikoba. last time, they were unable to visit each other due to their close due dates. this time, shikoba held hope that it may be different.

she was not alone as inutsuk had been there. and even sister löté was there to help her find a resting place for her children born sleeping. 

the plant is examined under the watchful eyes of shikoba, and she makes a note of the instructions with a nod of her head. "is anyone else expecting besides you and i this spring?" she comes to ask, wondering who else may need the support of the women's circle within the village when the time comes.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"sakhmet," kukutux revealed. "aiolos will be taataa for all children born at his hearth."

she. shikoba. sakhmet.

"sialuk, samani, and vaire all intend motherhood this year as well."

moonglow, expanding into parts.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
ah, so the issumatar has lit a fire in her hearth from the noble sunman. with the gentleness in her tone, shikoba knew that this must be purposeful and not a mistake. she does not think much about this and instead offers a soft nod to the matriarch. 

life was continuing to grow and march forward, despite the desperate grasp of winter to keep the ice in place. the next generation was preparing for their own young as well, and shikoba knew of the great pride that the duck felt within her heart to know all of this. she has raised generations of independent women, leaders who will leave their mark on the world. 

secretly, shikoba prays her newest little batch will include a girl of such caliber and respect. "you must be proud," she comes to say to her, "moonglow breathes life into every vein of these wilds." 
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"i could not do it without such strength beside me."

her arm moved to press that of shikoba. her loyalty to the pack had made her star-hunter. the village was dependent upon her continued consistency.

and this was treasured greatly by moonwoman. "you and aiolos have ways of your own. i would like to speak of them among us. learn your words. share them."
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
635 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
it has been many moons since shikoba has practiced the way of her people. the songs have gone unsung, but not forgotten. the dances have been left unstepped, but not unloved. and the words that were once so frequent are hidden in her dreams.

"i wish to share them, with my children, and with the spine." shikoba had often been around many wolves who either shared her culture or held none. and when she came to Moonglow, she did not expect to come and learn the ways of a sister village. yet her heart was full and shikoba considered her horizon to be broadened from the newest additions.

"aoo" she comes to say, "bihwiidiit'hak." how she reveled in these words. "it will bring honor to my land to spread its words," a turn of her gaze to look upon her sister lovingly, "you are called 'haniibqqz', full moon."
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,127 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
shikoba seemed to transform.

kukutux held these words within her ears.

she said them aloud as she could, her accent clipping their smoother edges.

and her eyes were wet with reverence, to share in this tongue and these moments with shikoba.

"how do you say, 'you are my sister?'"