Moonspear The beaten
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
All Welcome 
It had been long enough. The news was still owed to Hydra and Moonspear as a whole even if Valour no longer held the responsibility that forced it. His mother....the thought got immediately pushed away. Not a reunion he wanted to think about at the moment. As he stood upon the borders he made his appearance as undisturbed as possible despite the nagging pain at once again having to face the fact of having lost everything he had ever worked for and on top of that a family he had just began to start appreciating. Lifting his muzzle he howled for @Hydra and waited for the women to show while trying to calm his racing heartbeat. 
I am okay with this being a really short thread, or slow replies and having them talk for a while. He's here to tell her about Nightwalkers being gone.
3/10 mastery
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
There was always calls for the Queen, but Desdemona always came to as the guard of Moonspear. She prowled down the mountain, away from her routine of patrol to welcome the calling. Though Hydra had not arrived yet, and she was the first one to come down. There was a yearling, of autumn colors.

"I am Desdemona of Moonspear," she greeted with a chill, "what is your business to the mountain?"
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Feel free to skip him if I'm not online to post :3

It would seem that there wasn't just one wolf who would respond to a call demanding an audience with their alpha. He could hear Desdemona's calm voice as he approached, coming to the stranger's summons a moment or two after she had. Not surprisingly- the spider-legged female was able to traverse the mountain territory much quicker than he was, and he felt confident in her abilities at handling this stranger on her own. The way the subordinates had respectfully flanked their superiors when he'd joined the pack had taught him a thing or two- so he fell into place at Desdemona's flank, regarding the stranger before them with interest.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Moonspear's grade was slippery, and it caused Osiris to ascend slower than usual. He knew that it was better to arrive later than not to arrive at all—as he knew the hazards that emerged from the continuous precipitation. Aware of his turtle-like pace, Osiris was not shocked to discover that Desdemona and Bronco had beaten him. Stilling at his packmate's side, Osiris regarded Valour expectantly. 

"My mother should be here shortly," he supplemented, standing alongside his packmates.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The first to greet him was a tall she wolf with ears that stood just as tall tall atop her head reminding him of a rabbit. The chill in which her tone greeted him caused an internal response of his own eyes turning shrewd and lips curving slightly downward before yet another wolf showed behind her, large and brightly colored but sizeable enough that Valour corrected his scowl returning to a more nuetral stance and opening his maw to speak before one more came quick to inform him Hydra would show soon. Looking between the three wolves he wondered what had Moonspear so high on guard to be greeted like this but when he spoke his voice was as cool and nuetral as ever as he looked to the she wolf first "Valour. Warlord of the Nightwalkers. Allies with Moonspear but specifically Hydra"  he could afford the honesty and looseness of tongue now. He'd never met anyone but Hydra and her mate and he quite liked the raven furred Alpha personally. "No need, this was meant to be quick. If you could tell her that my ex General abandoned us with her mate after allowing her children to wander off leaving us with no choice but to go seperate ways. If you would offer her my personal assistance if ever needed but inform her there is no pack to Ally with anymore i'd be grateful"  He tried to keep as vague as possible but the bitterness in his tone when he told the truth about Serem and her children wasn't well hidden. "Tell Hydra I am grateful for the training she gave me. Thank you all for the assistance you have given us" he had never met these three wolves but even so they were allies by pack and deserved his politeness and respect on principal. 
3/10 mastery
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona momentarily frowned at his change in demenour for herself. She didn't have a good impression of this 'warlord,' faintly remembering it was Vengeance previously, but seemed new. As she only greeted him as a guard of the mountain, he instead greeted with a more formal malice. Though, remained silent, as her companions came through and stepped back for them to speak forward.

He gave short information of their disbandment. Hydra hadn't arrived yet, so the spider assumed Osiris or herself would pass the news.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"Valour. Warlord of the Nightwalkers. Allies with Moonspear but specifically Hydra." Bronco tried to keep his expression fairly neutral, though he was quite surprised to hear that Moonspear was allied with a pack called the "Nightwalkers," which sounded ominous as it was, but knowing that they also had warlords as opposed to (or in addition to, he supposed) guardians indicated that this pack, these Nightwalkers probably weren't as peaceful and benevolent as the Firebirds were. Was this why Wraen had been so upset about him and Meerkat leaving? Because Hydra alligned herself with others who were warlords, rather than peacekeepers? He felt like there was a lot he did not know- both about Moonspear and the Nightwalkers- and for now, it seemed best to keep his trap shut. 

But that'd never been a forte of his. So when Valour (whose name was at least somewhat redeeming, in light of the other names he'd presented) spoke with barely disguised scorn about the collapse and dismantling of his pack, Bronco grimaced, flicking his ears back and pulling his lips tight as though something had pricked him in the ribs. Abandonment? That sounded pretty inconsiderate. Still- Valour had come not only to tell them that one of their allied packs no longer existed, but to thank Hydra, at least, for having trained him at one point. Valour had once been like him, then- a project of Moonspear's, as they sought to teach and train guardians though...Bronco hoped that his own outlook was not as bleak as what Valour's had become. 

He didn't figure he'd be expected to speak- nor was he entirely certain that he should speak until Hydra arrived, but when the stone-faced Iota stepped back, he felt that she was giving both him and Osiris permission to speak. He cast a glance to Osiris, wondering if he too empathized with Valour, or if perhaps he recognized him...He cleared his throat somewhat awkwardly, and bobbed his head gently to indicate he'd speak, humbly. 

"Valour...I'm very sorry to hear about what you've been through; you must be pretty frustrated, and rightly so. I'm sure Hydra will appreciate your dedication, and your loyalty. Did you come," He said, glancing toward Osiris and Desdemona for a moment, "Just as a messenger, or were you looking to find a home here, now that yours is...?" He trailed off, not wanting to remind Valour of what he'd lost. But he couldn't help think that Valour wouldn't simply come by just to deliver that message...However, if he did intend to simply inform them and then move on, the gesture and consideration was definitely the mark of a wolf of duty and loyalty.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
"Valour. Warlord of the Nightwalkers." Osiris quirked a brow; the visitor's title was ... interesting, to say the least. @Hydra had once told him of Moonspear's allies to the south, but he had never met them—nor did he know that they flaunted such titles. Valour went on to explain why he had called for the Alpha, and Osiris understood. He did not pity the Warlord—sometimes, packs dispersed.  It was a natural, and most times unavoidable, occurrence; only the strongest survived. 

"Your presence here speaks volumes," Osiris complimented. "I know that she will be sad to have missed you and will appreciate your update." Despite his ornate title, Valour seemed to be a man of honor—that much he had to respect. "I will make it my priority to pass along the message," he promised. 

Although Osiris did not appreciate Bronco's prying, he now found himself conceiving similar thoughts. His ears swiveled, and he fixed their visitor with a curious cast; what was next for Valour?
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Though it was belated, Hydra did arrive. She was investigating the state of Moonspear with the recent rains; the caches, thus far, seemed fine... though she imagined with the increase in prey, there would likely additionally be an increase in predator, too. Fox, coyotes, and the like might come to try their hand at what was already buried. For th time all was well, but she marked them once more. 

She saw the young Valour then, and looked to the assembly before her. Hydra was glad to see her son there, and Bronco too... Desdemona was as well, though the woman was like a shadow to the borders of the Spear as she herself could be. Departing from said shadows, Hydra emerged from the treeline and picked her way expertly down, drawling in greeting: Valour, with pricked ears. Sidling alongside her subordinates, who she looked to appreciatively, Hydra had no doubt she would hear the reason behind his visit here from whoever might wish to say so first.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Three different degrees of treatment. Coldness wafted from the female, the soft expressioned male expressed what was clearly genuine sympathy which always threw him for a loop. The third, Hydra's son, spoke very well much like his mother though Valour would remember him as being more approachable than the intimidating phantom who strode out of the shadows with impeccable timing. Hydra was a more than welcomed face and while he still owed Bronco an answer he turned to her his tail swaying at his hinds betraying his admiration for the woman. "Hydra" his tone was warmer now and he swept his gaze almost sheepishly across the three who'd been trying to seem leader-like for only seconds before. Remembering that he lifted his chin higher and though his ears shifted back and his tail remained at a slow sway he stood prouder before the Alpha as he announced to her the news summarized "Serem left us taking her mate with her...presumably abandonment as she hadn't been doing anything aside from using the cache for a while. Her children left before her...admittedly she may be searching. A few others abandoned as well leaving us with too few to keep a real guard. Nightwalkers is done but I am always at your call, wherever I lay my head" the words fell genuinely from his mouth because he had no idea what he would be getting himself into in the future. Looking to Bronco he gave the man his answer with a shake of his head though he did soften enough for his lips to remain in a gracious smile "I have...less war-like things to learn. I was told the mountains were where to go so i'm off in that direction" he would admit...joining Moonspear was tempting and he could probably pry more lessons out of Hydra, Alas the draw of the world and the prospect of medicine was too much at the forefront of his mind. 
3/10 mastery
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
can skip her!

She stepped into the back of the shadows, silently watching the four. Like the proper guard, she was waiting, and especially now so watching this man. She saw him as an arrogant, warlord, someone like of her own previous homeland. He greeted them with bitterness, and now rose his head higher despite being a fallen Alpha. 

She was displeased, but said nothing about it. She assumed his domain fell, just as well war-hungry mongrels should have it.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
-also can skip Bronco :)-

Bronco's curiosity would have to wait- but only a few moments, before Valour would explain himself to Hydra who greeted him whith a quiet, calm warmth. He noted the shift in Valour's posture, but was not offended by it- he was simply acknowledging what the rest of them already knew, and that was that Hydra was the goddess amongst them, and deserved proper respects. He remained silent, listening as Valour explained his situation to Hydra, assuming that the trio of guardians wouldn't be needed now that their leader was present.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Please skip Osiris moving forward.

Osiris took as step back as Hydra approached, and nipped her cheek in greeting. Like the others, he noticed as Valour's demeanor shifted, but he thought very little of it and did nothing to acknowledge it. Osiris was well aware of the effects that Hydra had on others.  

He kept watch, for now, lingering in his mother's shadow—this was no longer his situation to manage, and he deferred to Hydra.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The news was unfortunate; it meant that Moonspear had one less ally in times of need... though it also meant less competition for resources, too. The children had gone, the mother had eventually followed... and all that had been left, in the end, was Valour. He had remained loyal until the very last to Nightwalkers, and him being here meant to Hydra that a piece of it would ever live on in him. Hydra was glad to know it, and regarded him warmly for it. Then it is not completely done, as it lives in you through that extension, she informed him. I trust in your word, Valour—you, yourself, have not let me down. I understand your need to move on, she expressed, ears twitching, though I ask if you hear of any with malevolent intent toward Moonspear... to let me know of it. To fight with me to face it, if need be, she tempted, knowing that within him was a warriors spirit. While she did not ask him to join, in that understanding of his need to move on, she felt he would fight alongside her again if the opportunity presented itself.

Tell me, have you any news of our common enemy? She inquired, wondering if he might now know of their whereabouts; in his search for the children, perhaps he had learned something along the way.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Still wary of the frigid female who guarded the borders he made a point to ignore her completely though he gave respect by giving her a brisk nod when he gave the others one as well. They had shown him how Moonspear ran and while it had thrown him off and felt intimidating....that was the entire point he was sure of it. When Hydra spoke again his expression and demeanor even further changed, for a few long moments there stood a boy stricken with praise he didn't see coming. Hydra honored him and for a moment he feared he was going to start tearing up before he managed to stare over her shoulder and focus on a swaying branch detaching himself and retaining his dignity though it wasn't the most subtle display in the world. What snatched his attention back was her request he remain a warrior loyal to Moonspear and he considered her with an expression more serious than a child should ever wear before lowering his head and extending a foreleg "As a Nightwalker I swear if Moonspear is ever in trouble I will give my strength in aid" the words were heavy as they fell from his lips, he wasn't dumb to believe he'd end up somewhere too pleasant and it concerned him to think he'd ever be against Moonspear. 

Though Ursus was a bitter topic it gave him reason to resume his firm stance. His frown deepened as he tried to recall everything he had said about the pack....and realised he'd never told her their location. "Do you know where Easthollow is? If not you go east from our old woods, through the canyon or over the mountains and to the southeast of a meadow filled with flowers is their home" messy directions but it was the best he could muster from the single trip he had made. "If you go make sure your backup is well hidden or you go alone. They are swarmers and have been known to go for people standing at their borders" he licked his maw feeling a burning fire in the pit of his stomach at the idea of Hydra starting things up that made him a little too eager "I will keep in touch. If things go south with them please find me" there was a ferocity behind his words that hinted at the piranha like viciousness of his own, the way he wanted to tear into Ursus was even worse than they way he'd felt planning Vengeance's death. 
3/10 mastery
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
skipabble

This man confused her so, firstly feeling he treated her with un-needed disrespect, then a brisk nod of friendliness. She didn't say anything, but simply assumed he wanted to look impressive in front of Hydra, who showed respect to the young wolf. Desdemona definitely did not have a good impression of him so, but would never voice it out due to the respect she had for her Alpha. If asked though, she would give her honeset opinion of him, who seemed like a one who easily switched sides- just as he did upon 'greeting' her. She worried, what kind of ally that would be..

Though despite all the negative thoughts, with narrowed eyes, the guard held a usual stoicism.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
-also skippable-

He listened to the questions and responses, and found himself fairly at peace knowing that even if Valour would not be staying with them, that he would be on their side should they need his help. He expected then, that Valour might go on to join with another pack that was allied with Moonspear, given the fact that he obviously had issues with a pack he described as being full of 'swarmers.' Bronco wasn't entirely sure what that meant, but assumed that Valour was saying that the wolves would greet a stranger at the borders and outnumber them- so that they felt weak right off the bat. That did not sound like a good situation to get into.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to his advisement, and nodded. She would warn her own to be careful in that stretch of the world should they travel so far, for whatever reason. Pleased to hear he would aid she and her own, she was content all in all. I wish you good health, Valour, she drawled, I ask that you speak nothing of Moonspear on your travels. Best to keep those that might wish us ill wondering, hm? Her tongue traced the edge of her canines then, blue eyes flashing. Was there anything else...? she wondered, allowing him the space and time to speak should he wish it... otherwise, she would not keep him from his next chapter.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Her request roused curiosity, who did Moonspear have against them beside Ursus? It wasn't his business and so he simply processed it and made a note to ask Hydra another time of her enemies so he could avoid them in the future. "I won't, I'll find what I can for you on the down low" he may have been filled with hatred but his rage was tempered, Vengeance had taught him how emotion was weakness and though he had mixed views keeping his true thoughts hidden was something he was growing good at. "I should head toward the mountains. See what I can find there. I will come back when I find out anything worth reporting" his tone slowly returned to the confident business-like facade though it only took a pause of silence for that to falter "thank you for treating me like a Warlord..not a pup" with those heartfelt words he would nod to her and begin to head on his way unless stopped by something else. 

Last post for me sorry trying to clear up threads XD He'll be back soon
3/10 mastery
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
last from me!

Hydra listened, hoping he would heed her there at least. And she nodded as he expressed he would inform her of any updates. You have given me no reason to treat you otherwise, she informed him. At the very least, he did not leave without saying goodbye—more than she could say of subordinates that left without a word. In any event, she hoped that he never would. As he turned to go, Hydra watched him quit the scene. Once he was out of earshot, Hydra looked to those surrounding her. 

Let me hear what you are thinking, she hummed, curious. Osiris was young, as was Bronco, and they had much to learn by ways of alliances... and she would teach them. Her gaze panned to Desdemona, too, including her in this as well. Moments such as these were teachable ones... even for her.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"He is the first of this land I found to be.. Unpleasant," Desdemona admitted once Hydra turned to her. She wasn't afraid to admit what she thought of the boy, "he greeted us with a scowl, and when you showed up, he suddenly tried to be polite." She explained her reasoning before Hydra came, the boy looked at them in a more scornful look. 

As the guard tended to be a rather chilly wolf, she didn't realize her appearence was rather an 'icy greeting,' and he simply replied back to that. However as someone who arrived to the border with the haughty attitude given, and suddenly switched, she found him.. "He seems two-faced for an ally, and that seems troublesome."

Admitting what she thought, she couldn't say much else. Though it seems the group would now be retreating back up the mountains after seeing Valour off.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
It seemed he would prefer to travel, but still carried some affinity for Moonspear. Bronco watched him leave, and turned his attention to Hydra who questioned them, then, for their opinions. He found it difficult to read soeone like Valour so quickly- but when Desdemona pointed out how he'd changed his tune when Hydra had approached, he reflected for a moment, and shrugged. "I just hope wherever he's headed," Bronco said, "That he keeps his promise, an' his loyalty to Moonspear," He said. After all, the male had chosen to venture off, rather than join them, which would have been the ost rational decision to make, in Bronco's opinion. But wherever he went, Bronco hoped he'd remember his promise.

Once sorted out, he would separate from the others, and continue along the borders just in case another wanderer came their way.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
The relationship between Valour and Moonspear remained—for now, at least. Osiris watched as the former Warlord departed, staying attentive until their ally vanished from view. Once he was sure Valour was gone, Osiris' concentration returned to the group. Hydra had prompted them to share their opinion of Valour, and he took a moment to gather his thoughts and allow the others the chance to speak first. 

"He acts like he still holds any power within this wildreness—" Osiris said with a snort, agreeing with Desdemona's leading verdict, "—which makes him foolish. I think his ego is too big, and I wasn't a fan of that." He glanced at Hydra then, wondering what she'd think of his opinion. 

Osiris couldn't agree more with Bronco, and he nodded as his packmate shared his opinion. "I agree," Osiris drawled, flicking his ears forward. "Although I think that it was a good move to share his intentions before moving on, his biggest test will be in the months to come," he drew his tongue over his lips, considering his words. "For now, I'll believe him," he decided. 

There was no reason for them to linger, and the group dispersed after they had given their feedback. Osiris opted to stick close to Hydra and speak further about their allies—there was still much for him to learn about Moonspear's external relationships.