Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
All Welcome 
the duck breathed.

she had moved to the lake again. it was the only place she allowed herself besides the ulaq.

moonwoman thought of all that had gone on as she lay half-within the shallows, enjoying a moment's respite before she returned to her daughters.

maybe a @Lómëvása? <3
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
It gnawed at her from the inside. Her spirit was off-balance, and the bones had confirmed this for her. A shift was needed, the raindrop knew, and she spent many days meditating on what was meant to change. She poured over the bones, seeking answers until she found the one that spoke to her. It brought pain to her heart, and she felt it would bring pain to anaa, but it must be done. She sighed heavily, returning the bones to their pouch in the ulaq.

Aiolos watched after the twins there, and Sialuk knew where to find anaa.

Mother, she greeted, her words heavy with the news she was about to share.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
sialuk came. kukutux lifted her head with a wan grin, but it slowly faded as she looked upon the snowstorm that was the face of her daughter.

moonwoman lifted herself up, dripping. "daughter." her verdant gaze searched among those clouds for the sun of sialuk's eyes.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Her heart beat quickly in her chest, aching to free itself of the ribs that held it in place. The raindrop swallowed, her throat dry like sand far from the crashing waves of an ocean.

It is my spirit, she said, her eyes studying the dirt between her toes. When we came to this place, after the strange storm, and I took my place beside you, it was the right thing to do. But now... I feel I have missed something in doing so. I see my sisters, how they enjoy being children, but I cannot.

Sialuk wondered if anaa knew what her voice struggled to bring to her throat. She hated what the appearance of the twins had done to her spirit, even though she loved them so.

I need to... find my path, to take a spirit journey and find peace in my heart. It is hard to make the right words. Not to leave Moonglow, but to be free of the... but she couldn't think of the right word.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux felt her eyes fill with saltwater.

but she remained strong as sialuk spoke in their words, and nodded. "i meant for you to have the same path of all the daughters before you. a boy you chose. a courtship. a marriage. and you will have these things, but —"

she shut her eyes, and sought to draw sialuk closer. 

"the spirits have called to you. they sent a bird of black feathers to you when you were only a child."

she has been a woman since she stood at your side the first time as star.

she is no longer a girl, wary duck in snow. you must let her go.

"you must listen to what they say. they will show you how to be free."

i cannot.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
She thought of the black bird that shadowed many of her steps. He had come to her, brought her bones that gave her cryptic messages. This answer, though, had not been clouded like so many. What troubled her was not the location of Moonglow or even the twins.

I do not leave Moonglow, Sialuk said, her voice wavering less now that her mother had reassured her this was the right choice. But I can no longer be such a figure to the others. You and Aiolos must lead them without me.

Did anaa understand?
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,114 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
there was a great lifting in kukutux to know that sialuk would not leave them to seek a spirit vision elsewhere. "moonglow will be strong wherever its star stands," she reassured. "and if you choose to join moon and sun again, you will be welcome, pukak."

how good the heart of a woman who heard the voice of spirits, and listened.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
She felt the weight lift from her shoulders, and the star felt at ease. With this new freedom, she could be... not a child, but allow her spirit to float more freely in the world. Sialuk would not stray far from Moonglow, but no longer did she feel she was chained to it.

I love you, anaa, she said then, her chest expanding with gratitude for Kukutux. Thank you.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO