Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
Private 
she did not call firsthunter this time.

when she brought @Keyni to the ulax, it was to meet @Aiolos in this place.

"lote has been gone. fjall is gone. makan is gone. keyni lay with cerne of natigvik. he has left them. but he offered them disrespect. he waits outside moonglow. but he has said harsh words, and will not stay long."

her words were for her husband. for now her gaze was also his.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
As patient as ever, the expecting Keyni sat slightly behind Kukutux. She tried to hide her discomfort, but it peeked through when she shifted her weight from one haunch to the other. She needed someplace safe to den. Ideally with Cerne close by.

The gears in her head turned. She went over possible outcomes. Solutions or alternatives. The softness of her eyes laid on the Sunman. "He acknowledges his mistake, but has made it clear that he wishes to remain by my side." She sighed quietly. "I do feel he must learn some more respect." She glanced to her sister, a dark tipped ear turned towards Aiolos. "I could den on the outskirts of the village for easier access to his visits. Or, he could be admitted in the lowest rank." She suggested. There was one other option, but she would not speak of it yet. Not without trying to work with Moonglow first.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
So much had happened. So much had been lost.

Aiolos wonders where Lote and her newest son had gone. Where the boy she had taken in had gone. Where all of her first litter, those he had taken in as his own, had gone to.

Part of him felt a failure, compelled to find his second wife and all the children that came with her.

The majority however, reluctant, fearful should he leave he might return to Kukutux and their pups together having gone too.

Aiolos takes a heavy breath.

Kukutux speaks of Keyni, how she had drawn in a man of their allied pack, how he had broken loyalty and rule because of it and seemingly held no remorse for his actions, not even as he stood at the border of Moonglow. At least he had not abandoned Keyni. Not yet, at least. In Aiolos' experience, most did and if not, they would eventually.

He has already disrespected and broken law to his former pack. Now he comes to our border, with harsh words, His eyes shift to Kukutux, wondering exactly what he might have said to his wife. Even though he should be all remorseful and respectful, so that the mother of his children might find shelter and safety. He could not help the rising of firey hairs along his spine.

Having your pups along the outskirts may serve dangerous for the pups, something none of us would wish to risk. As lowest he would not be permitted to eat from our caches, join in our hunts or celebrate among us. Lowest is a punishment, one which he will not walk away from if he does not correct himself.

He did not know if Keyni was willing to try this. If Cerne would be willing. If he wasn't, then he was no man worth having around, in Aiolos opinion.
moonglow daddy
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
aiolos spoke.

kukutux listened.

when sun man's eyes came to her, she did not yet speak. she would hold her words until the end. she saw no reason to argue nor soften things for cerne.

if he was to be taataa, he must become softer. he must understand sacrifice. 

moonwoman dipped her head in respect when her husband had finished his decisions.

"i do not want you to live upon the edges, keyni." she did not need to share in the punishment of a man who was not even her mate. "if cerne will live as sun man has said, at the side of the village, and in the lowest rank, then he may stay."

"cerne was angry," moonwoman said, turning her eyes back to aiolos. "he said he will only wait a fortnight. he will not accept this without angry words."

nostrils flared delicately.

"keyni. do you want the spirit-talker for a husband? do you want him close?"
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
IC assumptions given permission by Ebony.

She dipped her head down a little, sighing in admittance at the truth of Aiolos and Kukutux's words. The borders would be no safe place for pups or her as a first time mother. "Yes...you are right...I am just...trying to make this work." And she was struggling. Likely, the influx of hormones brought on by her pregnancy and the stress of the recent events had clouded her thinking.

With her jade eyes fixed steadily on her paws, it was clear to see she was deep in thought. Weighing the options. The pros vs the cons. She thought of Cerne. Of what she had seen of his nature and handling of certain situations. While being accepted as Lowest would get him into Moonglow by her side, it could backfire. He may resent being forced to hold such a rank, thereby pushing him away from any connection he may want to have with these wolves.

Her mind was made up. Slowly, she lifted her eyes to look towards her friends. There was pained regret in her gaze, but also resolve. "I do, my sister. But not just yet...not now. He has much growing to do. When I see him as a better man, learned of his errors, then yes." She sighed heavily. "Which is why we must find our way elsewhere. For his sake and that of our children." In times past, she had heard of a pack out in the mountains, allies to Moonglow. She would head east in search of them, before her time. "I will keep in touch, of course, sister." She leaned in to give her friend and Leader a emotional nudge to her cheek. It pained her to pull away when she did, disappearing back beyond the reaches of the spine.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
985 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Kukutux's words did not ease Aiolos.

He will only wait a fortnight...and then what? His eyes pass between them and it is clear he was growing angry- something he rarely was, but it was not toward the two of them. He will abandon Keyni, his unborn pups? With these thoughts in his mind, Aiolos did not believe him to be worthy a title as taataa. Perhaps he never would.

But if Keyni had chosen poorly, she would have to make the decision herself if she would do without or try and make it work.

She thought for quite some time, eyes to her footing, and then finally, a decision.

Aiolos had nothing left to say. He returned to his place as the silent guardian he often presented himself with. He dipped his chin to Keyni in quiet farewell, for now.
moonglow daddy
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
in the end, keyni chose to walk elsewhere.

kukutux wished to weep and to insist.

but she did not. she only tightly hugged the woman, and offered her sticks of dried meat as meal for the trip. "come back to this village," moonwoman said in a quiet voice.

keyni must make her own way.

and when her sister had gone from view, kukutux lay her head against her husband's red shoulder.