Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
All Welcome 
impromptu, no posting order, optional!

with @Rodyn invited, kukutux led @Nantahala and the other young ones along the thin path to the glen.

"this is where your akka rodyn says we will hold our great hunting," she said to the goldgirl, encouraging the pups now to see the pretty flowers which gilded the glen and the high trees interlaced now with necklaces of fireflies as the evening came on. "i will need your help, nantahala."

"will you lay the camps yourself, rodyn? or will each village choose their own?" kukutux asked rodyn next, remembering how the travel-rests of each group had been laid out across the bison's field.

her eyes looked beyond them both for the lost little lynx girl, testing the distant edges as if she might see the child reappear.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn followed behind, herding the children and showing tricks and hunting as he walked.

Merry laughter when he raised his head to listen. And gave a soft nod.

I will lay them I think. This way they have little work to do. Many will be weary from travel. Where would you like the healing circles and the women's circles?

And everything else he wanted to ask.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Pi
my mind turns your life into folklore
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
This was Nantahala's first time outside Moonglow, and excited was an understatement for how she felt. As much as she wished to branch off and explore on her own, she stuck close to Kukutux, wanting to impress her and Rodyn both with her good behavior. 

She was watching the far-off trees when Kukutux began to speak, and quickly her attention belonged to Moonwoman. Yes! she answered without a second thought. I can help!!
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux let her thoughts flow ahead of pawsteps, until she had come to willow-trees standing beside a stream. "the women's circle here, i think."

moonglow camp would be placed on the main path into the glen, she decided, desiring that their village be a mainway for the great number of visitants she expected.

her eyes fell to nantahala. "what is in your mind? do you believe these places to be well for us?"
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn listened as she mapped out where he would lay the spots. Amd he was fine with this. Happy to help amdbe able to offer this. He hoped they had many like before.

He dipped an ear towards Mantahala when she was asked a question amd waited for her amswer.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
I like them, Nantahala answered. The willow trees are pretty—I think they'll help the others feel welcome and comfortable. She took a moment to observe the campgrounds, and while they weren't as nice as the willow trees, she could see the benefits of the location. 

This area is good, too. It's nice and open, so we can all spread out and sleep comfortably. But it's also close enough to the path that we can have many visitors. She paused and glanced at Rodyn. You'll visit us, right??
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded at this, a bright beam approving of her granddaughter's eye for what might be comfortable.

nantahala too took note of their position to others, and smiled as the girl's attention turned warmly toward her akka.

her turn now to be quiet, listening.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn eyed the willow trees. They were lovely, but keen eyes were also looking for birds or squirrels. Always the hunter.

Bur he turned all his attention to Nantahala when she spoke. A nod and a smile.

of course I will. You and me can go fishing or hunt some small game.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Oh, yeah! she said with a wagging tail, I'd love that!! It'd be nice to escape the hustle and bustle of the hunt with him, and they'd be able to contribute whatever they caught. 

She took a step back and regarded both of the adults with bright eyes, and eagerly asked, What can I do to help prepare for the big hunt? I want to help with whatever I can.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"we will keep preparing skins and many furs. we will make stacks of them. some will be given for sleeping-places. the best moonglow will trade for other things."

she looked to rodyn. "your akka is a very great hunter and trader. he knows the way of giving one thing for many." her eyes were delighted. "perhaps he will teach these things to you. and when it is time for the hunt, you will be with me. we will welcome those who come."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
HE listened. He had some more skins to pass along. He had begun the work of preparing them. But he had not finished them yet. He wondered briefly if he would ever get a bearskin. What made him think of such a thing he didn't not know, but he would put that aside for now.

A soft shy smile. And he lowered his gaze. He was only as good as he could be. He learned and he practiced. Hard work.

Course I will.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
They would continue to treat hides and furs until it was time for the great hunt to begin—this, she could help with. She nodded, and looked to Rodyn when he was mentioned. He was quickly becoming an important figurehead in her life, someone who taught her many things, and she was appreciative of all that he did to help her. 

While she was disappointed that she would not be hunting, she did not speak on it, knowing that Kukutux had her best interests at heart. Still, she couldn't resist asking, Will I be able to hunt next year? Then, an idea! Or maybe I can gather the other kids, and we can hunt squirrels?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the green eyes were upon rodyn, then the girl. "i think you will hunt. we will have much care. but you will be ready. you must watch. you must listen, aya, listen well."

dangers were swift. her granddaughters were young, but the legacy of the moon clans was to range and to hunt.

"you may hunt as many squirrels as you wish. the meat will be good to feed many."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn would help the girl as best he could to be prepared to hunt when she was ready. He knew that sometimes it was hard. He was wary of letting her hunt the elk, only because she was new and they were large. But squirrels.

I will take you to hunt for squirrels soon. So that you can show the other kids how to do it.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Kukutux's answer was enough to quiet her concern, and she nodded and promised, I will be sure to listen. 

Rodyn then promised to help her hunt squirrels soon, and she thrilled at this, Thank you, Mr. Rodyn!!!! And while she wanted nothing more than to start their hunt now, she felt that there was more they needed to do regarding their planning. 

Are there any other spots we should look out for? she asked Kukutux.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukuktux was warmed by nantahala's anticipation of the gathering; it reminded her of the days in which her sunshine village had waited with bated breath, waited to receive the news of where they would all gather that short summer.

twin-moons, three-moons of planning must be undertaken to ensure a single village found its way to the meeting-place. women's circles, hunt-dances, trading, feasting, and always, always the young men and the young women discovering one another in mossy beds amid the welcoming forest.

it was how new bonds might be made and forged, new companionships, new alliances, new marriages.

and to have this now all, so close!

"look for where all may drink fresh water. and we will count also the wide places of short-grass where many may gather for a feast."

rodyn was given an affectionate look now.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn worked through the thoughts in his head the places that had been lain for wolves to come with the help of the silent girl. He knew her name, only because of moonwoman a.d moonglow, but such silence around her.

He met Kukutux's gaze with a small smile and dip of his muzzle. And looked to Natahala as she chattered excitedly. It was such a pleasant sound and yet his heart hurt a little. Tooteega would have been like this. Happy and sweet. She would have been looking forward to this or so he hoped.

A small shake and he tubed bsck in listening to the youngling who spoke.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
There were more places to scout for—a place with fresh drinking water, and a place to gather for the feast. I'll find them, she promised, her eyes already searching the surrounding territory. 

I think there might be a lake around here somewhere, she added, her focus falling towards the nearby river. Should we follow it and see where it leads us?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
a lake.

pain and rage grappled with one another deep in her belly. "rodyn, will you find this place of water with nantahala? i must rest, willow-girl," she said, pretending to roll her eyes at the nature of aging.

it was not a lie. energies had rushed from her body at the mention of this lake. she remembered another, its lap, its taste. no. she could not go on.

an encouraging look veiled her thoughts; she would wait here for a time.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper

Rodyn saw the moment the suggestion was balked at. But as always moonwoman viewed it so well one would not know if they didn't know the situation or were young.

So he smiled. Absolutely. We can hunt on our way to it? Maybe find something pretty for your grandma.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Nantahala took the bait, and accepted Rodyn's invitation to hunt on their way to the lake. 

Although she was keen to get started, she paused, smiled, and turned to Kukutux to ask, Is there anything you'd like for us to bring you back, kukax? Are you hungry, too?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,399 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
rodyn moved with a hunter's grace in this too. kukutux held much gratitude for him. "yes, i am hungry. bring me a surprise," the duck exulted, offering a kiss to nantahala's downy head and a long, affection look granted in rodyn's direction.

she would wait, and when their steps had gone far, far beyond the reach of her ears, she would weep.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,635 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Deerstalker
Trapper
Last from me.

Rodyn nodded and returned the soft look to Kukutux. Come along let's go hunting.

A wag of his tail and a quick bound. He was glad to be moving. Though he felt bad to let Kukutux alone. Especially given that she was clearly upset.
Moonglow
Pi
120 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Nantahala and Rodyn hunted stoat along the way to the lake, and when they returned, there was a plump one primed and ready for Kukutux. Once she had eaten, and stories of the area had been shared, the three wolves decided it was time to leave the glen and made their way back to Moonglow.