Sun Mote Copse and your heartbeat is heard three rooms over
46 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Joining 
Maybe let @Sundance post first? <3
Also pinging @Towhee and @Wraen

The grove was no more, group wise. The pass had opened up and travel was more possible now. She had just figured that maybe they would have moved on from the incident. Except people moved and things changed. She couldn't be mad at anyone for any of it. She moved on as well. A neighboring place held a rather familiar scent. Her tail flicked behind her with an eagerness.

She needed somewhere to go, so why not go where a familiar face might be?

First she let out a soft call to perhaps see if her silvery friend was nearby. Had he stuck close to her weaving travels or had he gone his own way? Then she let out a second call, a greater sound meant to summon whoever held the throne here.
141 Posts
Ooc —
Asterism Grove had splintered, its wolves scattered and untraceable to his dust-clogged nose much in the way that Elysium had fallen. He was exhausted: mentally, physically and emotionally. Yet most of all, he worried that Dorea was once again lost to him so soon after finding her again.

The days dragged by, miserable and filled with dread as the boy wandered aimlessly, yet he clung to some small sliver of hope. That was all he had, yet it was everything worth fighting for.

So imagine the relief when his friend's call sounded from a distance. He exhaled a heavy sigh and made to cover the land between them as swiftly as his tired body would allow, moving in close to greet her with enthusiasm and affection after what felt like an excruciating lifetime apart.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had been glad to hear that the recent earthquake had helped to clear the way out of the Hideaway strath. She had not been present at the time, when the trapped wolves had walked free, but her happiness had soon turned into immense worry, when she heard that Elfie had not been among those, who had come back. This did not make sense, because the boy - according to some - had been fine and well right after the quake, which had trapped the wolves inside strath. He had been present, when Towhee had made her first escape, she had even heard his voice, when her cousin had to be rescued the second time. Now - nothing.

Pack duties had deterred her from going to the Hideaway strath and do the search herself. She had to admit that she also was afraid to enter those lands in fear of another quake happening and trapping her alone. Every day was a struggle between her cowardice and heartbreak for the lost boy. More dead bodies were the last thing Firebirds needed right now. This had been such a horrible year so far, not this now. 

You can easily imagine that, when she called a feeble howl of a young wolf at the borders, her heart skipped a beat. Elfie! She rushed to the borders full of hope and expectation only to be disappointed again. There were two miserable looking adolescents standing there, but none were the boy she was waiting for at home. Wraen's heart was so full that she almost began to cry, but composed herself and approached the two. "Hello, young ones," she greeted them and smiled, though her eyes remained sad. "How can I help you?"
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Although she still wasn't in great shape, Towhee roamed the borders restlessly, trying to keep her mind off her losses. Losing her brother and son hurt the worst, of course, but losing the others was salt in the bleeding wound. And that's exactly what they were: lost. It was as inexplicable as it was unbearable. They'd been trapped all that time, simply to vanish at the critical moment? If they had found another way out, why hadn't they immediately regrouped at the copse? She didn't want to entertain the thought that they could be buried beneath the rubble. But, dead or alive, where were they?

She wasn't doing a very good job of distracting herself from the matter. By the time she rounded a bend in her patrol and clapped eyes on Wraen and two familiar figures, Towhee had worked herself into quite an emotional lather. But the instant she recognized Sundance and Dorea, a bubble of hope rose up in her chest. She sped toward them, unleashing a single bark of wild joy as she sprang at the pups and began nosing and sniffing them all over.

"You're okay! You're all right," Towhee muttered, repeating herself several other times before stepping back and asking the critical question: -"Where have you been? Are the others with you?"- Her orange eyes raised to dart around a little wildly but she saw no one else.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
46 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
It was easy to feel confidence when Sundance came bounding to her side like some sort of familiar. She welcomed him with a low rumble of what could only be compared to affection. A gentle nip to his cheek as she hoped to keep him near her. Surely someone would be here for them soon.

Then there was a woman. She looked familiar in the way someone with such a natural coat did. Yet she was almost positive she had not actually met her before. She seemed kind though even with those sad eyes. Hi. I'm Dorea and— When the most dreamlike thing happened. Towhee came crashing onto the scene with blinding joy. Dorea's could not stop what followed. Her tail whipped so fast that her rear began to wiggle some too. Perhaps a bit more unprofessional than she wanted to be right now.

We're okay. I guess I thought we'd all just go back to being happy in the Grove. She remembered to look at Towhee and speak clearly, try to make communication easy. Dorea also knew that was a silly response, likely one worth scolding but that was okay. The former Quark was just happy to see another familiar face. It's just me and Sundance. A soft bump to his shoulder before she looked at him. Did he have anything to say?
141 Posts
Ooc —
Dorea moved in to greet him warmly, delivering a gentle nip to his tufted cheek that sent his twitterpated heart aflutter. He beamed at his two-toned companion, powder blue eyes dancing with joy as his tail swept enthusiastically at his hindquarters.

The excitement dissipated, however, as a stranger made to approach them. Sundance, with silver ears high atop his crown, positioned himself firmly at Dorea's flank to observe her exchange with their newest acquaintance, when a very unexpected arrival interrupted. The boy's joy flooded his system once more and, content to drink deep the affection of this beautiful reunion with fond licks and nibbles to each pack-mate he'd feared was lost to him.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
It was difficult to remain solemn and down-trodden, when Wraen saw Towhee's joy at meeting her two adopted children again. She did not say anything, giving the trio time to have their moment of reunion. Her own thoughts returned to Elfie. If these two had returned after few days of absence, there was still hope that the boy would find his way back home as well. There was no reason, why she and the rest of the Firebirds should not have the same happy event, as did the former Asterism Grove wolves. 

"What do you plan to do now?" she asked the two, when it felt right to interrupt. They were still adolescents and probably needed some support of the adults until spring - true - but this also meant that they could make their own decisions. "I can offer you a place in Firebirds ranks, if you wish to join, but I must warn you ahead of time - I cannot promise any miracles. We can and will help you to get on by as much as possibly, but any extras will depend on your hard work," better be harsh and honest from the get go than have disappointment later.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was just the two of them. Towhee's emotions waged war inside of her: on one hand, she was so happy to see them alive and well. On the other, she felt a crushing sense of disappointment and grief that her closest loved ones were still in the wind. She felt like she might break apart as all these feelings assaulted her and she did her best to tamp them down a bit and behave pragmatically.

Wraen questioned the children about their plans now and Towhee felt a little struck. Surely they would stay here with her, right? The Sovereign's concerns and questions were absolutely fair, though now the former Kilonova's attention turned almost pleadingly to Dorea and Sundance as it sank in: their staying here wasn't a foregone conclusion. They still had families out there somewhere too, people that were surely looking for them, missing them as Towhee missed Fig...

She swallowed thickly, unable to speak. Anyway, it was entirely up to them. Towhee selfishly continued to hope they would choose to stay here, though they were old enough to make their own choices. She couldn't help but press herself a little closer, all the same, so they at least understood they were wanted and welcome.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
46 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
She would have been foolish to not take the offer. Sure she might have had family out there but they meant little now. They had been lost to the wilds as she once had. Only to be rebuilt under guidance of the Grove. It was Towhee and her lot who had been there for her, had been through the lands crumbling with her. She had no intentions of clutching onto things before the Grove. Save for Sundance, a companion from her time in Elysium. She wondered if his thoughts mirrored her own.

I'd like to stay and we can certainly help. Towhee has taught us some stuff and we can always learn more. Right? She'd finish as she looked over to Sundance. He would stay with her — with them — wouldn't he?
141 Posts
Ooc —
It was bittersweet to reunite with both Dorea and Towhee this way. While his heart ached for those of Asterism Grove that were still missing, not all was lost. Sundance did his best to dwell on the positives and, as he pressed himself affectionately to his companions, hoped he could encourage them to do likewise.

"Right," the sterling boy chirped in response when the others looked his way, feathery tail swishing with enthusiasm at his rump. His powder blue gaze flitted between them, lingering a little longer on Dorea before he shot the adults a hopeful smile.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Well, we will make sure that things work out then," Wraen accepted the two adolescents and smiled at Towhee, who had looked so crestfallen and fragile for that length of moment, when it was not clear, whether the two were planning to stay or not. Her cousin really got attached to people, which was contrary to the image she had had of her before. Was it such a surprise that even the tough girls had a heart?

"I will leave you to catch up and I will have a look around for a den for both of you. The Nest might do well for a while, but you two will probably want a place for yourselves," with this she left the trio to themselves and headed off into the forest. 

Last one from me, but you can continue, if you wish.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
They wanted to stay and Wraen would allow it. Towhee exhaled, long and shaky. She said nothing as the Sovereign excused herself, though she shot her a grateful look and a respectful nod before returning her attention to the pair of youths. Although she was still in plenty of pain, she managed a genuine smile for Sundance and Dorea.

"C'mon, you two, let's go find @Fennec and we'll show you around the copse," Towhee said, bumping her crown against each youngster's shoulder before leading them deeper into their new home.

Last from me as well. Glad you're both here! Let's thread again soon.