Ocean's Breath Plateau This time, this place.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
It felt entirely impossible to choose between her children and grandchildren. Towhee decided there was only one logical conclusion, other than wintering on her own with @Phox: she could choose none of them. But speaking of her brother, maybe she could choose him… and a location that might work well for his prospects.

It was a bright, clear December day, perfectly pleasant despite the biting wind chill. Towhee cut across Honeyed Pasture and walked through The Sentinels until she found herself in the shadow of the plateau. She followed its arc toward the neighboring cliffs, standing at their head only briefly as the salt-scented wind whipped against her.

She backtracked then, circling around the plateau to its flattest stretch of borders to the west. She glanced around at the familiar sights, reminiscing briefly about her last visit before raising her voice to call for @Rodyn.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
After @Peregrine had disappeared, Phox had gone to look for him. He knew it was probably a futile attempt at reconnecting with him, but he felt like he at least had to try. His efforts were in vain, as he suspected, and with the days and nights growing colder with each passing day, Phox thought it wisest to find his sister and see what they should do about winter. She hadn't been in Sun Mote Copse when he'd swung by there briefly to check on Meerkat and @Njord, so he figured he would check in with the moon packs next.

Besides, it would give him an excuse to spend some more time with @Heph if he went to Moontide first. She occupied his thoughts a time or two since he'd met her, and since Lele hadn't returned, he didn't see that ship going anywhere. The fact that there was mutual interest made Heph a particularly appealing possibility.

Lo' and behold, Phox heard Towhee's voice as he approached the plateau pack. If that wasn't serendipity, he didn't know what was. The three-legged Redhawk loped toward her, making sure to approach in an arc so she would see him heading her way.

-No sign of Peregrine. I'm done searching for now. If he wants to come back—which of course I'd love—he knows how to find us,- he said with a disenchanted shrug. -What are you doing up this way?-
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn heard the call and headed towards it. He recognized it as Towhee and a smile colored his lips when he arrived. Though there was another with her. Who was this one?

He apptoached slowly smile still bright and made sure to get in eye shot of Towhee before he spoke.

Heya Towhee. Sir. he dipped his head to the male with her.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
If Towhee needed a sign, Phox’s serendipitous appearance was it. Her head reared back as her brother magically materialized as if summoned by her silent plotting. More likely, he had come here with his own agenda entirely. And its name was probably Heph. Somehow, Towhee suspected their itineraries probably wouldn’t interfere. Of course, she was curious what Phox would think of her idea.

She bit back a sigh at his report, offering a commiserating nudge. Then he asked the million dollar question and she stepped back with a dry laugh. Her lips parted to tell him what was on her mind when Rodyn appeared. Oh, right, she’d called for him.

Hey, Rodyn. This is my brother, Phox, Towhee greeted. We actually just bumped into each other here, which is wild because… Now her orange eyes turned to meet her brother’s. I was actually thinking of spending the winter here, if they’ll have us. But obviously I kinda need to know what you think of that plan. And then we can get to what he thinks, she said, tipping her head sideways to indicate the pack’s Alpha.

Deciding her litter mate might need a moment to think on that, Towhee’s eyes flicked back to Rodyn as she asked warmly, How are you? And the boys?
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox greeted the Moontide leader with a solemn nod. He knew what had become of the mother of his children. It was a fate Phox would wish upon nobody, and yet it had happened to him not once—but two times. Losing both Camilla and Niamh had been so difficult, and here he was, still trying to get back in the game at nearly seven years of age. Sometimes it felt like an exercise in futility, but there was something special about having romantic companionship that he knew Towhee couldn't really fulfill. Something deep in his bones had never let him come anywhere close to that notion, no matter how much he loved his sister.

He let Rodyn answer the question Towhee asked before adding in his own contribution to the conversation.

My condolences for your loss, Phox said, I came to Moontide for a time to help while you were away in Moonspear; I met both Heph and Ariadne while I was here. If you and Towhee think we'd be a good fit here, I'm all for it. It would give him time to test the waters with Heph, assuming she was still interested.
player preferences
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A smile to both of them, he listened as Towhee made introductions and spoke quickly and it made him glad to have met her. She had a habit of making you feel at ease.

We're alright. Rolayne is having trouble adjusting to the move and is acting out. Panuk is quiet.

A small twinge in his chest at the condolences.

Thank you Phox.

So this was Phox. Rodyn studied him for a best of a minute. He seemed personable, was well matched for Heph. He would be alright with them staying especially if it helped his friend get to know the other male.

I am fine with that. You are welcome to stay. It will be good to have you both.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her brother didn’t seem to have any qualms with her plan. Towhee gazed at the side of his face for a beat, grateful for Phox’s easygoing ways, then turned her own eyes back to Rodyn again.

He too was onboard, prompting Towhee to say, Awesome. Thank you. We’ll stay here until spring, possibly longer. She exchanged a quick glance with Phox and quipped, I know better than to plan too far ahead anymore.

It would take some time—probably several days, honestly—to get used to the rhythm of pack life again. But Towhee was genuinely surprised when she felt an enormous sense of relief wash through her, easing unknown tensions. She had enjoyed her travels, yet the idea of just sitting still and letting everyone come to her was pretty relaxing, she had to admit.

They would have to send word. Maybe there was a young scout living in Moontide. Or perhaps a visitor would stop by that could spread the word for them. Towhee decided she wouldn’t worry about that just now. She would focus on getting Phox and herself settled.

Can I stop by your place and see them sometime soon? Towhee asked after Panuk and Rolayne.

Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
It was all sorted quicker than the blink of an eye. Like Towhee, he had enjoyed his time traveling, but he was old and tired and ready to be in one spot (at least for the winter). Besides, he couldn't expect to see if things would shake out with Heph if he was gallivanting around the countryside. And hey, if things didn't work out with her, he could always leave in the spring to avoid any awkward conversations. He would gladly avoid those if he could.

For now, he was happy to sit back and let Towhee take the reigns of the conversation. Phox settled onto his haunches and scratched an itch behind his ear with his one good back leg.
player preferences
Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was glad they were staying. He hoped Heph would be as pleased. She had seemed eager to get to know the wolf Phox. Rodyn just hoped he would treat her well. He seemed to be a good sort though. Easy going as Heph, perhaps more so.

A small chuckle. Of course you can. I will warn you that Rolayne has been a little chaos gremlin since we came back. So just be prepared.

A sad look in his eyes then. He had wanted to do well as a father for Samani's sake, for their childrens. But so far, he felt as if he fell far flat of that, truly.

Come I'll show you a bit around.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Phox didn’t say anything, evidently happy to place his fate in his sister’s hands. Quite possibly he was just trying to make it easier for her to talk to Rodyn; a one-on-one conversation was always a lot simpler than multi-directional one. Towhee shot Phox a smile while he worked out an itch, comfortably settling her entire focus on their new leader.

Duly noted, she replied to his reminder about Rolayne, and we’d love a tour. While we’re at it, you can let us know how best we can help out around here. Phox is a brilliant tracker. He knows a lot about the stars and stuff too. I’m a fairly masterful mercenary, though I prefer training others these days. And if anyone’s interested in learning a new language, we’re both pretty fluent in Ptero, our sign language.

They were both older—nearly seven!—but they still had a lot to offer, Towhee liked to think. Mostly wisdom, she supposed, to teach the younger generations. Although she didn’t mention it out loud, they of course had plenty of experience rearing children. She didn’t think she could swoop in here and “fix” Rolayne, though she was eager to get to know him better, offer him yet another maternal figure in his poor mother’s absence.

Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
The brother Phox was a quiet one. But Rodyn himself could be quiet. So he saw no offense in this. Merely a wolf waiting.

He nodded. Heph, Chakliux and myself are hunters. Any one of us can make use of your tracking Phox gladly.

Rodyn motioned for them to follow though he stayed in Towhees eye range stopping when he needed to speak. Ahowed them some of the better hunting spots, a few of the dens or Ulaqs he had already dug out for use if they'd like making sure to gift them with furs for their dens.

I would be interest in learning your Ptero so i don't strain your eyes.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
Phox felt like he got a tiny glimpse into one of Rodyn's son's personalities with the comment about him being a "little chaos gremlin." It reminded Phox of some of his own children when they had been younger, and certainly several of Towhee's kids. A part of him wanted to peel off when Rodyn offered to show them around, as Phox had already been here once before, but he figured it would be nice to catch up with Towhee while he was already here so he didn't have to track her down later.

Speaking of, she was quick to offer up his own list of beneficial qualities along with her own, which got her a satisfactory smile from Phox. -Only 'pretty' fluent, huh?- he jested, showing off just a little. The two of them had practically invented the dang thing! Mostly out of necessity, but it was still cool to know that they had crafted something that had been useful to others.

Otherwise, Phox hung back for the tour, taking in the familiar sights and smells and wondering how Heph was doing.
player preferences
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,983 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Rodyn wanted to learn the language for her sake, which wasn’t lost on Towhee. She opened her mouth to thank him for his interest and assure him she would be more than happy to teach him when she caught her brother’s signing out of the corner of her eye. Towhee huffed a laugh, not realizing she’d even used the qualifier.

-“Correction: we are both very, very, very fluent,”- Towhee quipped in reply, laughing as she turned to their host and leader. Let’s plan to meet once a week for lessons. We can include the boys if you like, of course.

The tour resumed for a while, every ocean view reminding Towhee of Sweetharbor. Well, there was a reason they’d chosen that godforsaken island. There was something incredible about living at the seaside. She tipped her head into a bracing breeze spiced with salt and idly wondered if Meerkat would ever want to visit her here, considering her own aversion to the coast.

After asking Rodyn to show them to his very favorite place on the plateau (excluding his den, of course), Towhee drew in a breath and turned to her brother. That was a lot of walking for anyone their age but particularly someone down an entire limb.

Thank you for letting us stay in your home, Rodyn. We’ll do our best to repay your kindness, Towhe said, then quipped to Phox, Want to find somewhere comfy to park for a rest hour… or two or three?

Moontide
Alpha*
1,265 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Last from me

Rodyn would take his leave with promises to come and meet with them once a week. He would include the boys while they were there, but he soon had to take his sons to Moonglow, per Kukutux's request.

He would smile, and give his goodbyes and then head to the forest. Anxious to fill a few more caches.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
kat, i'll let you archive. <3

-Rodyn, thanks for the tour, really!- he said, signing along with his spoken word, mostly for Towhee's benefit, but perhaps also to get Rodyn used to seeing it along with the words. Phox had found over the years that folks tended to learn faster the more they were exposed to it, and if Rodyn and his boys were serious about learning, that was going to help them.

-Thank the stars-, Phox said to Towhee, -I thought you'd never ask!- He was more than eager to find a soft spot to lie down and take a good, long, hard nap.
player preferences